Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Item: Ideas to help prevent degradation
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Item: Ideas to help prevent degradation

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Suggestions Dump
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joehai
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:22 am    Post subject: Item: Ideas to help prevent degradation Reply with quote

To prevent firearm degradation upon use:
Maintenance Kit - 6 weight

For 4 AP, halves weapon degradation percentages on any one firearm over 5 actions associated with the gun (includes shooting and reloading). It can be used on a weapon, then given to another player without dropping the bonus.

Requires Engineering and Repair Item skills in order to use. Gives xp upon maintenance, so it's another thing that repair-dedicated players can do.

---
To prevent weapon degradation upon death:
Sheath / Holster/Gun Strap - 2 weight

These items help protect against weapon degradation upon death by halving weapon degradation percentages. Sheaths only work with swords, holsters only work with small firearms like pistols and SMGs, and gun straps work with long firearms like rifles and shotguns.

Some limitations: Players can only use one of each. It also costs some AP to use; you need to put on the sheath/holster (it acts like clothing), and you need AP to put a weapon in/take the weapon out.

Possible Bonus: free emotes: "Player pulls out his/her (weapon) from his/her (Sheath/Holster/Gun Strap)." and "Player puts his/her (weapon) back into his/her (Sheath/Holster/Gun Strap)." No guesses as to when they happen Razz

---
Why: Helps preserve weapon quality. I keep hearing that decay percentages, especially for pristine stuff, goes bad faster in BW than in NW, so I thought that this suggestion could help balance it out. Also, sounds badass in general Razz
ChuckTheRighteous

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Item: Ideas to help prevent degradation Reply with quote

Joehai wrote:
To prevent firearm degradation upon use:
Maintenance Kit - 6 weight

For 4 AP, halves weapon degradation percentages on any one firearm over 5 actions associated with the gun (includes shooting and reloading). It can be used on a weapon, then given to another player without dropping the bonus.

Requires Engineering and Repair Item skills in order to use. Gives xp upon maintenance, so it's another thing that repair-dedicated players can do.

I'm not sold on this idea as it seems like a lot of work to prevent something that may or may not happen. But if this were to be implemented, I'd expand it beyond guns to swords and bows too, but require both engineering and the appropriate child of repair item. (gunsmithing for guns, boyer for bows, smithing for swords) And make the master level child improve the effect from 5 actions to ~8. This way a master swordsmith couldn't maintain your guns, unless he was also a gunsmith.

Quote:
To prevent weapon degradation upon death:
Sheath / Holster/Gun Strap - 2 weight

These items help protect against weapon degradation upon death by halving weapon degradation percentages. Sheaths only work with swords, holsters only work with small firearms like pistols and SMGs, and gun straps work with long firearms like rifles and shotguns.

Some limitations: Players can only use one of each. It also costs some AP to use; you need to put on the sheath/holster (it acts like clothing), and you need AP to put a weapon in/take the weapon out.

Possible Bonus: free emotes: "Player pulls out his/her (weapon) from his/her (Sheath/Holster/Gun Strap)." and "Player puts his/her (weapon) back into his/her (Sheath/Holster/Gun Strap)." No guesses as to when they happen Razz

---
Why: Helps preserve weapon quality. I keep hearing that decay percentages, especially for pristine stuff, goes bad faster in BW than in NW, so I thought that this suggestion could help balance it out. Also, sounds badass in general Razz

I like this idea but it seems overly convoluted. Rather than having to holster/sheath weapons, I'd make it so if you're wearing said item, a drop down comes up which allows you to choose a weapon its "attached to" Said item. For such a small benefit that only happens when you die, I don't think making convoluted ap system of holstering and sheathing is worth it.
Baalhrezem

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this idea, except for the "requires AP to use" thing. I think it would be better if it was a passive effect on a melee weapon.

So for example, a sword breaks 20% of the time per swing. With the scabbard or sheath, it would make it 10% of the time. If it was clothing, it would add a really nice character description that I might get on all of my characters.

But I have a feeling it might be something that would be a "must have" for every character, so perhaps you can make it so it can only be found, and never crafted?
Joehai
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Chuck: I don't know if swords need weapon use decay prevention, as they already have EBC. It does cost CP for the given effect, but it lasts forever.

As for bows, based on what I've read from other players' experience, they seem to decay at a slower rate than guns. Don't know if these perceptions of the game are true, but they do seem to dominate Razz

===

@Baal: The AP cost was just a balancing measure. Don't know how OP'd the suggestion is in general, but I tend to overpower my suggestions so I figured it was better safe than sorry and add some limitations to its overall use.

If the limitations aren't necessary, awesome! Chuck's suggestion as to how to go about assigning a weapon to be sheathed/holstered sounds like a good way to go about it.

And yeah, it definitely should be "find-only".
BobGeneric
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like item decay. It gives crafters something important to do.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Suggestions Dump All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: