Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Aspect Locking and New Breaths
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aspect Locking and New Breaths

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Game Mechanics Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hellowhatsgoingon
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Aspect Locking and New Breaths Reply with quote

So this post states that locked aspects will carry over between breaths though it's a bit contradictory;

Shadok wrote:

Everything in the credit store EXCEPT for custom weapons...will vanish. Custom spells will also vanish if you tell them to not be found in random spellgems (but ones which can be found in random gems remain unless removed due to overload or need to debug them). So your picture will remain if you keep the same character, as well locking aspects, etc.

does this include regular locked aspects and not just the special ones? And if so, does this include skilled based aspect changes?

ie supposing I'm a man-shaped mass of squirmy wriggly maggots and worms (or whatever that WM aspect is) right now and I lock my aspect, if I use the same character next breath and decide to bat for the other side and become an angel, will said aspect still hold? The idea of looking like some kind of eldritch abomination despite being an angel appeals greatly Razz

Same holds for the skill based aspect changes--having a tail, or chitinous armor or whatever despite being an Angel, or being an Eternal Soldier who apparently has a cloud of clockwork gears orbiting him, etc etc

(plus being able to go for the whole 'redeemed/fallen' RP angle without having to actually play a terribad class is also nice but w/e :v)

tl;dr I want to look like something that belongs in bug reporting in the new breath, will this slide?
Shadok
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling this whole topic is aimed specifically at me.

Or maybe I'm just self-centred. I think it's the fact that I'm being quoted which makes me think I'm being targeted. Maybe. Probably.

Either way, I guess I should shut up and answer.

Your current form would be locked in, yes. That'd mean that you could be an angel which looks like they stepped out of hell, or a demon who radiates an aura of beauty. It'd be completely messed up, but I confess it's awesome roleplay. You'd not be stopped for doing this, especially since it'd take a HECK of a lot of effort to set up in advance (dying repeatedly until you get your desired form, then locking in it, then waiting for about 4-6 months for the next breath to begin and level back up to tier 3).

Skill based changes are locked onto the skill in question. Remove the skill and that part of the aspect goes too. This means that you can't be an ES with gears or an angel with a IB's tail. Sorry to disappoint you. If that shows up next breath, it'd be a bug and (most likely) fixed as soon as it's noticed.

And in the defence of the dev team, we're rebuilding the Fallen and Redeemed so they're not awful for the next breath, so really it'd be quite fun to play as one next breath if it's easier to roleplay than taking your much-loved demon and turning them into an angel.

"Oh, sorry, thought I was in a Vault of Enlightenment, not someone's booze cabinet." -Kharn
hellowhatsgoingon
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

suppose I could have just PM'd but I figured it'd be useful to have out there. Did a search, didn't really find anything else referring to this specifically. Wasn't really a dig at you or anything.

And yeah, figured that'd be the case with the Fallen/Redeemed. Still, they seem sort of... mechorganic themed (?) and I just... really really like the thought of being an utterly revolting pile of maggots going around blessing people as an advocate as repentance while he drips on them haha.

Thanks for the quick response though!
Shadok
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellowhatsgoingon wrote:
suppose I could have just PM'd but I figured it'd be useful to have out there. Did a search, didn't really find anything else referring to this specifically. Wasn't really a dig at you or anything.

And yeah, figured that'd be the case with the Fallen/Redeemed. Still, they seem sort of... mechorganic themed (?) and I just... really really like the thought of being an utterly revolting pile of maggots going around blessing people as an advocate as repentance while he drips on them haha.

Thanks for the quick response though!

Well, 7 hours isn't "quick" by some people's measure, but no problem. Laughing
Glad it could be sorted out rather than left in the air. Nothing worse than having something unclear which is bothering you.

"Oh, sorry, thought I was in a Vault of Enlightenment, not someone's booze cabinet." -Kharn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Game Mechanics Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: