Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Need help finding an obscure book series.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help finding an obscure book series.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bigguyinblack

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Need help finding an obscure book series. Reply with quote

I read a series years ago and remember very little about it. I'm hoping someone can help me find it. Here is what I remember.
*It involves lot's of inhabited planets and is set in the future.
*At least some planets were set up like the wild west with showdowns
*The plot of the first book has someone, I think a writer or reporter looking for a famous gunman that has been around a long time but no one knows his identity.
*When the current version is found they reveal that there have been many of them and the current one is sick of gunfighting and wants to retire.
*This is the notable part of the series: A girl is found in the first book that warps events to come out favorably for her.
*In the second or 3rd book she lives in a glass room and merely by how she moves around in that room she somehow draws the main characters to her.
*I think one or more of the books has a priest/preacher as a major character.

I'm sure the book is at least 10 years old.
GreatCatatonic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help finding an obscure book series. Reply with quote

Bigguyinblack wrote:
I read a series years ago and remember very little about it. I'm hoping someone can help me find it. Here is what I remember.
*It involves lot's of inhabited planets and is set in the future.
*At least some planets were set up like the wild west with showdowns
*The plot of the first book has someone, I think a writer or reporter looking for a famous gunman that has been around a long time but no one knows his identity.
*When the current version is found they reveal that there have been many of them and the current one is sick of gunfighting and wants to retire.
*I think one or more of the books has a priest/preacher as a major character.

I'm sure the book is at least 10 years old.

This is called "Trigun".

--Great
Bigguyinblack

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen Trigun. Great series but not the book trilogy I'm referring to.
Terrion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be Santiago: a Myth of the Far Future? From wikipedia/tvtropes it checks most of the boxes.
Senretsu
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds weird and interesting as hell. Message me if you ever figure it out.

Sounds like what little I did read of the Dark Tower series.
But I may be horribly wrong there x3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: