Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Next Event in the nexus: Your call
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next Event in the nexus: Your call
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which event do you want next?
Maze
72%
 72%  [ 54 ]
Deathmatch
18%
 18%  [ 14 ]
Neither
9%
 9%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 75

Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me explain a bit about the mechanics behind the maps. I'm going to reference Pocket Spaces as well as Acid Springs here. Those of you familiar with how they looked will know what I'm talking about a bit better.

Making the map "inside only" means you are never ever supposed to be in an "outside" location while doing so. Since all tiles are set to have "no inside", there exists no door to enter the maze with, you're stuck outside. Since all tiles share the same "large building ID", you can cross between them. This was used in breath 2s Acid Springs to create the tunnel system with reduced visibility and no greater flight.

To think about this in breath 3 maps, there exist a few pocket spaces which are actually several tiles large. The Sires shrine is one of them. Those are all inside buildings. These tiles are linked according to the needs of the map.

It's basically an exploitation of the large building mechanic to use it for something it was never intended to be doing.

If someone does manage to get outside, they get found by an admin and sent along to the void. Nobody is supposed to be outside.
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will this maze have up and down as well as side-to-side? That is, pocket spaces within pocket spaces?

As for rewards--Your character gets a free I SURVIVED THE MAZE button that doesn't take up a body slot and survives from breath to breath?

What do you think, sirs?
Mallich
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ratherder wrote:
As for rewards--Your character gets a free I SURVIVED THE MAZE button that doesn't take up a body slot and survives from breath to breath?
What do you think, sirs?
I like. "I survived the maze and all I got was this badge"?
saulres
So Very Sorry
So Very Sorry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be a t-shirt.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Sihoiba
Architect of Anguish

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ratherder wrote:
Will this maze have up and down as well as side-to-side? That is, pocket spaces within pocket spaces?

The maze will be the love child of an Escher painting and those mathematically generated fractal pictures, as envisioned by Picaso on acid.
Buttercup

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one possible idea for a reward: How about a one-use artifact to summon a creature of the maze to your location, and who will attack all (including you) until it is destroyed?

----
Maybe one challenge of the maze could be to -avoid- killing a certain (different) type of being. That there be a number of them throughout the maze. They do not attack. When one is killed, the HP it had while it was alive is transfered to the rest of them, thus the death of one makes the others grow larger, until only one is left.

If the last one is killed (and it should be noted that it's the last one, so it's death would be no accident) before the maze is solved, the death of that being causes the destruction of all within the maze and the maze itself in its violent death throes. And thus -no one- would earn a reward.

Anyone who kills one of those beings shall be marked, so that other players who wish to receive the (usable) reward will know who the real threat is, who to slaughter and who to leave to their task at hand.

If the maze is destroyed, those who took part in it's destruction by killing those beings will be marked as having assisted in bringing damnation upon the maze and those who were unfortunate enough to be within it when the end came.

Those who did not will not be (via the game mechanics, anyway) acknowledged. No credit shall be given for what they have *not* done.
Sihoiba
Architect of Anguish

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note for suggestors:

We're limited in this to things that the dev team can do without code changes - this means no new wandering pets.
Generic
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have like hookers and bums and stuff laying around that people can beat up
Shadok
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generic wrote:
You should have like hookers and bums and stuff laying around that people can beat up

I do. I have about 200+ characters who'll bum-rush into the maze and run out of AP. You guys.

"Oh, sorry, thought I was in a Vault of Enlightenment, not someone's booze cabinet." -Kharn
Sihoiba
Architect of Anguish

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadok wrote:
Generic wrote:

I do. I have about 200+ characters who'll bum-rush into the maze and run out of AP. You guys.

You know I'm fully expecting someone to create a character called 'hookers and bums' and stick them in the maze when it opens.

Also everyone should be very grateful to Shadok (even more so than usual) as it's a big job to recreate the design on live.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: