Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - How do you find new music?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you find new music?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kylinn
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dissident wrote:
zombiedachshund wrote:

Blessed, blessed work, where you don't have to listen to Elmo's Greatest Hits. (Unless you want to. I won't judge.)

La la la la.. la la la la... Elmo's Song ... Embarassed
Or unless you are unlucky enough to run the board at a PBS station during the day shift, like a friend of mine. You may now shudder at the horror of that life.
oblivious

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8tracks looks interesting and actually works in Canada! I haven't looked at last.fm in years. I guess I'll check it out later.

Go away bug green monster, go away!
Mage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Combination of Spotify and the recommendations lists on Amazon with a random dose of youtube browsing..
EricBlair
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Grooveshark lately, found some really fantastic music through it.
Quixotic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used to find stuff through Last fm, nowadays I listen to radios on Digitally Imported (for electronic stuff) or SomaFM (they got super badass stuff), I also roam through the depths of youtube or the internet, find blogs about niche music and unknown artists, check out direct download forums for the last albums out and so on...
Aeneas

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't ask me why I resurrected this thread, I don't even know myself.

I often find new music (music new to me, at any rate) through the library. They always have an interesting selection of CDs, and I can just check em out and rip them onto my computer. It's kinda old-school, but, like browsing the stacks for books, there's something different about perusing album covers and names in person rather than on some site.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play a lot of Star Trek Online. There's a couple of player run Star Trek themed online radio stations. My personal favorite is www.SubspaceRadio.org. They've introduced me to all sorts of strange and interesting stuff.

Also, a lot of youtube. I will look up something I like and see a list of recommended tracks beside it. And in I go down the Youtube rabbithole...

And thirdly, Sam Dunn's Heavy Metal documentaries have opened my eyes to all sorts of Metal goodness.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: