Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Plugging Nexus Clash (TV Tropes)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plugging Nexus Clash (TV Tropes)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ugolino

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Plugging Nexus Clash (TV Tropes) Reply with quote

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NexusWar

This article seems a bit neglected. Maybe if we work on expanding and linking to it, we can spread awareness of WIGBL?
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At most, add a mention of Nexus Clash to the NW page there. Surely there is a trope you can reference about fan-made spin offs, remakes, or something like that. You can link that to a Nexus Clash page, and include all the necessary tropes.
Grugg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should claim there are tons of lesbians in this game. To attract mid-aged conservative consumers.
Orzo
BANNED

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also claim there are tons of half starved Lebanese albinos in this game. To attract mid-aged liberal consumers.
achtnullacht

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... so I was going to post something, but then I got lost on tvtropes for an unknown length of time. I don't remember what I was going to post, but I think it had something to do with boobs.
Mallich
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

achtnullacht wrote:
Ok... so I was going to [do something], but then I got lost on tvtropes for an unknown length of time.
This sums up much of TV Tropes.
achtnullacht wrote:
I think it had something to do with boobs.
This sums up much of the internet.
EDIT: Now to find an excuse to use the word "egregious".
Minignu
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you should mention this, I happened across that link last night while getting all misty eyed and nostalgic about nexus war. And lo, did Minignu return.
Grugg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O_O
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arise, dead thread, and seek the blood of the living!

But in all seriousness, I just took another look at this and did a major overhaul of the Nexus War page. With the coming of Breath Three, it doesn't seem appropriate to refer to NC as a little fan spinoff anymore. Nexus Clash might deserve its own page, but the two games are so similar that it'd largely be a rehash of tropes on the NW page.

Therefore, I've reworked the Nexus War page to refer to the Nexus as a live, ongoing series instead of a dead game. Mostly, this meant rewording, not replacing, existing content to refer to Clash as the current game and mention when a trope/feature was only available in War (Previously, of course, the reverse was true).

I've also gone around the wiki and edited existing references to Nexus War to reflect the no-longer-defunct nature of the series and mention (when it's different) how the original and the sequel handle various topics. I've likewise added references to Nexus to more articles to give it a bit more of a presence.

I hope that this will greatly improve the page. Any feedback and help would be much appreciated. In particular, I'm woefully unprepared to improve the Characters page, which could use the trained eye of someone who plays a bigger range of characters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: