Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Tech help: Firefox stops working after midnight?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tech help: Firefox stops working after midnight?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomppa
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Tech help: Firefox stops working after midnight? Reply with quote

Okay, seriously, what the heck?

It seems my firefox stops working about around midnight, give or take half an hour. Pages won't load, and if I close the program, I can't start it again. It just... Doesn't start. Seems to happen nearly every evening, and at about the same time. Is not a connection issue, because the program should start if it was, and as you can see, I can still post (and browse) using chrome (like I'm doing at the moment).

Does... Anyone have any idea what might be causing this? No?

EDIT: Okay, I managed to restart the browser by rightclicking, and then selecting Nexusclash from the "often visited" options that appeared. But outright clicking the firefox icon, or right clicking and choosing "new window" didn't work. Just... Whaa..?
(That's from Dracula, by Stoker.)
Senretsu
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk mun, could be so many different things. What operating system do you run? Are you running the latest Java and/or Flash plugins? Are you running 32 or 64 bit? And is there any websites you visit that seem to trigger it shutting down?
Weirdomen
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe some plugin you have is trying an auto-update and failing?
Tomppa
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No specific web page triggers it - I could be on nexusclash, do something else for an hour and come back to find it no longer loading the page. Win 7 64bit. I think I have the latest java/flash.

Hm. Some auto update would explain why it triggers at specific time...
(That's from Dracula, by Stoker.)
Sihoiba
Architect of Anguish

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The normal way to diagnose these is to disable all your add ons, and then enable them one at a time until the problem occurs. If it's happening at a set time then you might want to enable one add on per day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: