Nexus Clash

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Pointless faction info
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

Pointless faction info
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> The Junkyard
View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
Hutz
Active Member
Active Member

Joined: Jan 20, 2010
Location: Peterborough, UK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: Pointless faction info Reply with quote

Because I was bored (and unemployed) and love pointless facts and statistics, I went through the faction list earlier on and made a list of the current factions + membership.

Currently there are:

27 evil factions
12 good factions
3 unaligned factions

Also:

226 characters are members of evil factions
90 characters are members of good factions
40 characters are members of unaligned factions

I'm unsurprised by the dominance of evils, but was quite surprised there were so few unaligneds, particularly since they seemed so ubiquitous in NW (unless that was just my factions' luck :/ ). So can more people start/join unaligned factions kthx.

Also, is there a way for anyone to find out how many characters there are currently playing the game? And if so, is there a very generic good/neutral/evil flag on every character that could be used to find out what the overall make-up of the BOBverse is?

Also also, please feel free to comment on how I need to get out more.
Back to top
Rincewind
So much universe and so little time
So much universe and so little time

Joined: Jan 19, 2010

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the rush to level I think that most people have fallen into the dark depths of villainy. Later on we might see an increase in the number of goods Smile

EK could probably get some stats if we poke him to do some SQL queries.
Back to top
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

Joined: Dec 17, 2009

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just made an Unaligned faction. So Razz
Back to top
ChuckTheRighteous
Active Member
Active Member

Joined: Jan 20, 2010

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rincewind wrote:
In the rush to level I think that most people have fallen into the dark depths of villainy. Later on we might see an increase in the number of goods Smile

This.

The legion was neutral in NW, but the first among our old members to reach t2 and gain the ability to create the faction was evil. I stayed on the good/neutral side of things and was way behind him. Its a steep price.
Back to top
AlmostFunny
Mortal
Mortal

Joined: Jan 19, 2010

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we're still only a month into game play it's too early to pronounce anything problematic. However I do find it a bit odd that the evil factions can organize themselves more easily than good or unaligned factions. It will be interesting to see how the list of factions evolves from this point.
Back to top
Ezekiel
Elite Member
Elite Member

Joined: Jan 20, 2010

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think as well you'll find that most of the people now playing WIGBL were the more hardcore players of NW (otherwise they won't even have heard about it) which ends up with two outcomes - a) they know that NW should have had more evil factions and b) much like zombies in UD they err towards the less 'popular' alignment because they know most of the casual and trenchcoater type players will jump straight into good factions.

And mostly I'm betting it's cos the good players haven't got to lvl 10 yet or need to get their MO to good first. Razz
_________________
Sihoiba said, "Unfortunately he resisted arrest by lighting himself on fire"
Back to top
Karloth_vois
Active Member
Active Member

Joined: Jan 19, 2010

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ezekiel wrote:
And mostly I'm betting it's cos the good players haven't got to lvl 10 yet or need to get their MO to good first. Razz

Definitely this; my only character yet to hit t2 is an evil sledgehammer wielder, who's roughly 1500 XP ahead of the evil puncher and good-aligned shooter.
_________________
http://www.Scoundrell.com, tasty satire news! Latest:

Quote:
Hulk Found To Be Using Performance-Enhancing Drugs
Back to top
Ragwortshire
Elite Member
Elite Member

Joined: Jan 20, 2010

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ezekiel wrote:
I think as well you'll find that most of the people now playing WIGBL were the more hardcore players of NW (otherwise they won't even have heard about it) which ends up with two outcomes - a) they know that NW should have had more evil factions and b) much like zombies in UD they err towards the less 'popular' alignment because they know most of the casual and trenchcoater type players will jump straight into good factions.

And mostly I'm betting it's cos the good players haven't got to lvl 10 yet or need to get their MO to good first. Razz

I concur.

The numerical advantage Evil factions have right now is actually nothing compared to the difference in average levels. Procyon, at level 14, is still the only tier 2 in his faction. My guess is that, relatively speaking, there are many more experienced players playing Evil characters than Good.

Also, some/many of the larger Evil factions have/had a presence in games other than NW, and this is a huge factor IMO. They can immediately draw on a reservoir of support, while the other factions (both Good and Evil) have to painstakingly recruit members.

The absence of Faction Mail or any reliable system of in-game communication, makes metagaming almost essential - this is also significant. Inexperienced or casual players tend not to be enthusiastic metagamers.
Back to top
EugeneKay
Active Member
Active Member

Joined: Jan 19, 2010

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The raw data.

Code:
        Evil    Neutral Good
1       2       180     2
2       12      38      8
3       25      34      13
4       24      14      20
5       21      12      13
6       21      15      25
7       26      12      22
8       26      11      19
9       43      6       17
10      60      6       20
11      35      2       11
12      17      1       8
13      13      0       5
14      11      0       2
15      4       0       0
16      2       0       0
17      2       0       0
18      0       0       0
19      0       0       0
20      0       0       0

Edit: Changed colors on graph.
_________________
Quote:
<Teksura> masturbation can help

Quote:
<ADK> Maybe he just fancies himself a nazi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Yamaxanadu
Explorer
Explorer

Joined: Jan 19, 2010

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch, that's a pretty crazy gap there.
EDIT: And a lot of deathfarmers :V
Back to top
Zamiel
Active Member
Active Member

Joined: Jan 19, 2010

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skill Purchase Count dump.

Code:

~~MORTAL~~

Hand to Hand Combat          188
> Martial Arts               135
>> Advanced Martial Arts     89
>Boxing                      36
>Dodge                       8

Melee Combat                 314
> Advanced Melee Combat      214
>> Fencing                   88
>> Expert Blade Combat       26
> Parry                      14
>> Advanced Parry            3

Ranged Combat                225
> Archery                    23
>> Advanced Archery          6
> Firearms                   83
>> Advanced Firearms         17
> Thrown Weapons             2
>> Advanced Thrown Weapons   0

First Aid                    168
> Surgery                    57

Strength                     120
> Stamina                    11

Hide                         55
> Advanced Hide              5

Repair Item                  263
> Gunsmith                   61
>> Master Gunsmith           15
> Bowyer                     15
>> Master Bowyer             0
> Smithing                   43
>> Mastersmith               27

Engineering                  74

Search                       227

Sense Morality               75
> Planar Protection          2

Sense Magic                  90
> Psychometry                8

Swim                         36

~~MYRMIDON / PARIAH / PALADIN~~

Meditation                   34

Strong Attack                98

Weapon Mastery               78

~~SORCERER / DEFILER / SHEPHERD ~~

Spellcraft                   11

Infuse                       17

Spell Combat                 1
> Battle Magic               0

~~MYRMIDON~~

Meditation*
> Enhanced Senses            11
> Know Self                  0

Strong Attack*
> Weapon Breaker             1
> Focused Attack             2

Weapon Mastery*
> Critical Hit               3

Super Reflexes               3

~~PARIAH~~

Meditation*
> Explosive Murder           1

Blood Claws                  22
> Blood Taste                2

Strong Attack*
> Hellfire                   4

Weapon Mastery*
> Destructive Blow           1
> Enervate                   0

~~PALADIN~~

Meditation*
> Divine Armor               4

Strong Attack*
> Elite Attack               2
> Lesser Smite               1

Weapon Mastery*
> Bolster Attack             0

Defensive Stance             0
> Retributive Strike         0

~~SORCERER~~

Spellcraft*
> Deep Spellcraft            0
> Pattern Weaver             0

Heal Self                    0
> Mystic Vigor               0

Sorcerers Might              1

~~DEFILER~~

Spellcraft*
> Taint Spell                0

Infuse*
> Salt the Earth             1

Dark Heart                   6
> Soul Vampire               0

Poison                       9

~~SHEPHERD~~

Spellcraft*
> Sanctify Spell             0

Prayer                       2
> Devout Supplication        1

Energize                     0

Heal Others                  0

Absolve Suffering            0
Back to top
Excel
Active Member
Active Member

Joined: Jan 19, 2010
Location: Vermont

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes, not many magic classes out there yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Meph
Active Member
Active Member

Joined: Jan 20, 2010
Location: Marrakun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karloth_vois wrote:
Ezekiel wrote:
And mostly I'm betting it's cos the good players haven't got to lvl 10 yet or need to get their MO to good first. Razz

Definitely this; my only character yet to hit t2 is an evil sledgehammer wielder, who's roughly 1500 XP ahead of the evil puncher and good-aligned shooter.

Interestingly, my characters who are headed evil couldn't get evil. My current Defiler had a MO of 18 when he hit level 10 (and was neutral only because he ran into a nearly-dead Good character right before he levelled), and my Pariah-to-be keeps finding Evil targets almost as often as Good/Neutral ones, so he's relatively balanced.

My only Evil character is a deathfarmer, who got to Evil by busting doors (with a Sledgehammer @ 0% to-hit).
_________________
Vile Brimstone: The Original Stone/Invisible VW
Meatbag the Mime: Meaty Mime of Death
Mephistopholes: Next Door Tea Drinker
Zaradiel: Looking for his umlauts
Adjatha: Finally, BEER in the Nexus!
Jabril: Stabbing & smithing
Back to top
Ongewitter
Wikinator
Wikinator

Joined: Jan 19, 2010

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny that two people decided to get in early on Planar Protection Very Happy
Back to top
Skritz
Active Member
Active Member

Joined: Jan 19, 2010

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ongewitter wrote:
Funny that two people decided to get in early on Planar Protection Very Happy

*sarcasm mode* Bobwar is so player-unfriendly that Planes will probably kill us BEFORE we even enter them. *sarcasm mode*
Back to top
Display posts from previous:
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> The Junkyard All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:
You cannot vote in polls in this forum