Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - IF YOU LIKE LIVE FIGHTING CCC HAS THE PLAN FOR YOU
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IF YOU LIKE LIVE FIGHTING CCC HAS THE PLAN FOR YOU
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hungerer
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: IF YOU LIKE LIVE FIGHTING CCC HAS THE PLAN FOR YOU Reply with quote

- Schrodinger's Cat sends the faction this message: Schrodinger's Cat would like to propose a new raiding strategy: RUSSIAN ROULETTE RAIDS! (2012-06-03 08:25:10).
- Schrodinger's Cat sends the faction this message: CHAOS CHAOS CAHOS AND 5 FACTIONS GET TOGETHER TO RAID, THEN RANDOMLY RAID 1 OF THE 6 FACTIONS! (2012-06-03 08:26:30).

DISCUSS
Mnky

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing! Count Forsaken in!

P.S.
Anyone who suggests that I don't have the authority to say that is a filthy filthy liar and should be demoted so I can have their rank

~Mnky
Fellis
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK!

The most adorable puppy thinks that faction that lives on the oil derricks should get in on this because trying to raid them would be funny as hell.
corky
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mnky wrote:
Amazing! Count Forsaken in!

P.S.
Anyone who suggests that I don't have the authority to say that is a filthy filthy liar and should be demoted so I can have their rank

~Mnky

STOP VOLU- ohh Faction Russian Roulette, nevermind, I approve.
SkullFace
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From where does this random determination come?

Skull Face
Kylinn
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roll a d6!

/me looks around for Lawful Good! to jump in on this.
toxicology
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am of course completely unauthorized to speak for the Dungeon Master in this, as in all other matters, but hey, he failed his Spot Obvious roll, and I failed my Wisdom check, so I say, hell, yes, sounds like an ideal plan! Roll a platonic solid of some description, depending on the number of completely insane factions you have show up to the dance, and go for it. Roll initiative, suckers.

Especially since I have no combat skills, live or otherwise, to speak of.

Mildred "Easy" Virtue, who used to work in the tavern, until she brained the Mysterious Stranger in the Corner with a bar stool, took the supply of Mysterious Maps from the Mysterious Stranger's Mysterious Evil Red Cloak, and promoted herself from NPC to PC.
fluffymasterchief
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a raid time slot in mind? I'd love to participate but only if I can make time for it.
Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schrodinger's Cat is not dead.

Schrodinger's Cat will commence the first RUSSIAN ROULETTE RAID at 1930 game-time on Thursday. Willing participant factions should join the extremely secret #rrr channel on IRC slightly before the appointed time.

Schrodinger's Cat will require a random stupid IRCbot to generate a random stupid integer from 1 to 6. Said stupid random number will be compared to a random category chart which may or may not be similar to the following:

1. Participating faction with the largest total combined letters in members' names.

2. Participating faction with the result closest to 42 from the calculation (Faction Renown/Faction Karma) - Faction Level.

3. Participating faction with lowest average Breath Grind Value for its lowest level member, where Breath Grind Value is (obviously) the total of every statistic that is tracked on character pages.

4. Participating faction with the most faction upgrades with the most instances of the 1st letter of the name of the 6th person on the #rrr IRC channel immediately prior to the appointed time of the RUSSIAN ROULETTE RAID, of said faction upgrades.

5. Participating faction with the lowest sum total of Swimmers and/or Advanced Throwers, with Advanced Swimming Throwers counting triple.

6. Participating faction with the largest number of non-sentient beings making a mockery of their supposed traditional lack of sentience.

ALL PARTICIPATING FACTIONS MUST HAVE AT LEAST ONE KNOWN REPRESENTATIVE OF SAID FACTION POST CURRENT RESULTS IN THIS THREAD FOR THE ABOVE CATEGORIES THAT ARE APPROXIMATELY CURRENT AT THE TIME OF POSTING, FOR THEIR ENTRY TO BE ACCEPTED. ENTRIES (EXCEPT FOR CATEGORY #4 WHICH IS TIME-DEPENDENT) WILL BE CLOSELY SCRUTINISED AT SOME POINT BETWEEN NOW AND THEN TO SEE IF ANYONE APART FROM CCC ISN'T JUST MAKING UP NUMBERS. CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS WILL POST ITS OWN CURRENT RESULTS FOR THE ABOVE CATEGORIES SOON.

Schrodinger's Cat will answer no more than 20 questions about these entry criteria.

(Schrodinger's Cat amended category #3 to not break calculators everywhere)

You are already inside and cannot enter the building again!

You cannot open the door because it is already open.
Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS

Category #1: 184

Category #2: 18.196078431372549019607843137255

Category #3: 34

Category #4: ???????

Category #5: 3

Category #6: 9

Schrodinger's Cat is not dead.

fluffymasterchief
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be a total dick and lazy. Can participating factions just pick a number, two or three digit, and we roll a random number and raid whoever had the closest number to result?
Hungerer
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balthazar Nods.

"We could do that. Or we could choose by Samba! And Dance Fight!

Ole! "

The Dungeon Master holds one of his many d6 in hand and lets it spin. "Come on people. It's freaking obvious."
corky
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the corky IRC bot system TM comes with full random number generator dice rollyness (which may or may not be biased towards the median).
Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schrodinger's Cat is dead.

Schrodinger's Cat is not impressed with the lack of dedication to simple mathematics by the so-called Nexal intelligentsia sitting in their coffee shops with their title deeds and their Siamese fighting fish butlers writing self-indulgent epigrams on tablet computers with retractable styli and reticulated pythons in the air-conditioning.

Schrodinger's Cat built this thrombosis from nothing after years in the wilderness trapped in a loveless marriage of convenience with a Harrier jump jet that took off with a pansexual hermaphrodite and a bottle of Worcestershire sauce, and was never seen again.

Schrodinger's Cat thinks a random Corky generator will suffice, as long as it doesn't hit the median strip.

daeriel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anomaly wrote:
Schrodinger's Cat is not impressed with the lack of dedication to simple mathematics by the so-called Nexal intelligentsia sitting in their coffee shops with their title deeds and their Siamese fighting fish butlers writing self-indulgent epigrams on tablet computers with retractable styli and reticulated pythons in the air-conditioning.

I was gonna do it but I felt peer pressure to be too cool for mathematics...I realize now the error of my ways!

Forsaken...
1. 489
2. 14
3. 167
4. ?
5. 12
6. 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Club Jörmungandr All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: