Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Last 10 Raid Events - Good or Bad
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Last 10 Raid Events - Good or Bad
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> The Junkyard
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobGeneric
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Last 10 Raid Events - Good or Bad Reply with quote

Good idea or bad idea? Please discuss. Does delay need to be longer than 24 hours? If so, how long? I think it adds some nice "current events" type feel but am not sure if people will be concerned about griefing.
Baalhrezem

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Last 10 Raid Events - Good or Bad Reply with quote

BobGeneric wrote:
but am not sure if people will be concerned about griefing.

It's making my griefing public!

Nah, it's pretty cool. But it should be a little more than 24 hours. At the 24 hour mark you know someone could place a SH and might encourage vulturing and what not if someone knew the location of the faction.

If it was a variable it wouldn't be so bad. Somewhere between 48-72 hours. It would give plenty of time for returning factionmates and so that no one could prey on just set up Strongholds.
Wyn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it just the way that it is.

EDIT: I do not like *where* it is, however. It would be nice if it was somewhere where lines wouldn't have to wrap.
Thenixon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a super feature - a little more delay might be good, but I think it's a something that will encourage faction activity overall. And that's a good thing.

/me liked the monthly raid-stat threads NW forums had, but this is a even better.
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be better as its own page. So, under Modules, we could click a link to take us to the Raid Logger.

Ideally, this could provide a calendar where we pick a day and see the logs for that day.
SkullFace
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great idea. It makes the game more 'alive' and communicates to those who don't use IRC.

IMO one of the better Nexus->Bobverse ideas. More please.

Skull Face
achtnullacht

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wyn wrote:
I do not like *where* it is, however. It would be nice if it was somewhere where lines wouldn't have to wrap.

Like in that block of whitespace at the top of the page by the logo? Unless it's reserved for ads or something.
Wyn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

achtnullacht wrote:
Wyn wrote:
I do not like *where* it is, however. It would be nice if it was somewhere where lines wouldn't have to wrap.

Like in that block of whitespace at the top of the page by the logo? Unless it's reserved for ads or something.

I was thinking of that myself.
Ongewitter
Wikinator
Wikinator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Last 10 Raid Events - Good or Bad Reply with quote

Baalhrezem wrote:
Nah, it's pretty cool. But it should be a little more than 24 hours. At the 24 hour mark you know someone could place a SH and might encourage vulturing and what not if someone knew the location of the faction.

The thing is, if someone's vulturing, we would all know Twisted Evil
Cieceron

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of the raid log but it could perhaps be placed someplace else. The only other suggestion I would have would be timestamps, but that could turn out griefy and ugly so it is probably very good the way it is.

You're thinking of Tattoo of the Blind Date.
Meph

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll echo what Tek and Ciceron have said. The real estate where it is valuable, and cramming that info in there does it a disservice. I'd say have a link to a second page--like maybe where the factions are listed, and then the raid log could have a full page-width down at the bottom of the faction page.

I'd also like to see date/timestamps (though thinking about it, I can see that could be problematic). Because if I'm looking at it, and suddenly the raid I'm looking at drops off, I might not "get" that it's now the 11th. If you're showing only the last 10 raid events, it's a pretty random selection depending on when you log in. If it's going to be used as any sort of tool, I think I'd like to see 24 hours' worth of raids on there (i.e., display all the raid events from 24 hours ago to 48 hours ago).

I can imagine a situation, though, wherein a big faction spams the box by repeatedly breaking the wards of nearby/smaller factions...
Zaradiel: Looking for his umlauts
Adjatha: Finally, BEER in the Nexus!
Jabril: Stabbing & smithing
EugeneKay

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meph wrote:
I can imagine a situation, though, wherein a big faction spams the box by repeatedly breaking the wards of nearby/smaller factions...

CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS of CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS likes this concept

Quote:
<ADK> Maybe he just fancies himself a nazi
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
rufio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teksura wrote:
I think it would be better as its own page. So, under Modules, we could click a link to take us to the Raid Logger.

Ideally, this could provide a calendar where we pick a day and see the logs for that day.

seconded
Karloth_vois

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's damn cool. Thanks!

Quote:
Hulk Found To Be Using Performance-Enhancing Drugs
DUMBGoose

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is good, very good.

I don't really care about the time delay, with the factioned alts limit vulturing seems fairer and any alty 1-2 punch will be fairly obvious with limited alty allies pool.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> The Junkyard All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: