Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Increase the level cap.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Increase the level cap.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Suggestions Dump
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whytemeet
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject: Increase the level cap. Reply with quote

I'm sure this has been talked about before but I couldn't find anything, so.

I suggest that at a given point mid breath, we increase our level cap to 40. We shouldn't necessarily have to have a 4th tier class but it would be fun to have a way to gain extra CP without the boring grind that everyone does after they max.

The powers that be will have to look into this for balance stuff, I'm sure. Even if the CP gain is 10 per level after 30.

Come on Nexus Clash, how cool would it be to run around with a level 40 Infernal Behemoth or Holy Champion?
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This actually hit some dev discussions. We were talking about AP increase for sure, and possibly HP and MP too. Defiantly not CP.
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teksura wrote:
This actually hit some dev discussions. We were talking about AP increase for sure, and possibly HP and MP too. Defiantly not CP.

Not even like 3 CP per level? Allowing level 40 to get an extra 30 CP skill.
Tomppa
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if T3's need more CP.

What I do think, is that -mortals- need more CP. I think mortals should gain 13 cp per level, instead of 10. Currently, you get 70 cp to spend on mortal skills. That usually means 1 combat tree, and a 10 cp utility skill (repair, first aid, engineer, sense morality/magic, PP, strength, etc).

In my experience, it's usually combat tree + sense magic.

Getting 13cp per level would mean that during your mortal phase, you'd get 30 more cp, meaning more utility skills - I think this would diversify the population a lot more. Currently, I feel that the mortal phase is the most cp strained of them all.

I'd still keep it so that you could, at most, transfer 40 cp to your T2 class.
(That's from Dracula, by Stoker.)
Kylinn
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomppa wrote:

Depends on the T3 and the build. Last Breath I had some characters who were maxed out, badged out, and still couldn't afford everything they wanted. While others ended the Breath with 100 CP in reserve, and nothing they cared to spend it on. It would be nice for the really CP-intensive builds to be able to earn more CP.
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kylinn wrote:
Tomppa wrote:

Depends on the T3 and the build. Last Breath I had some characters who were maxed out, badged out, and still couldn't afford everything they wanted. While others ended the Breath with 100 CP in reserve, and nothing they cared to spend it on. It would be nice for the really CP-intensive builds to be able to earn more CP.
CP costs are being reviewed in breath 4 development.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomppa wrote:

What I do think, is that -mortals- need more CP. I think mortals should gain 13 cp per level, instead of 10. Currently, you get 70 cp to spend on mortal skills. That usually means 1 combat tree, and a 10 cp utility skill (repair, first aid, engineer, sense morality/magic, PP, strength, etc).

In my experience, it's usually combat tree + sense magic.

Getting 13cp per level would mean that during your mortal phase, you'd get 30 more cp, meaning more utility skills - I think this would diversify the population a lot more. Currently, I feel that the mortal phase is the most cp strained of them all.

I'd still keep it so that you could, at most, transfer 40 cp to your T2 class.

this ^^^ Smile
- Elkerlyc has become a Wizard ! (2014-10-09 21:33:03)
- Elkerlyc has become a Wizard ! (2015-12-03 07:19:58).

- Elkerlyc has maxxed out! (2016-03-03 17:31:36).

darkstar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see T4 classes that were unable to spot T1s at all. Would add something interesting to raids and stops overpowered characters hunting mortals for bodycounts.
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkstar wrote:
I'd like to see T4 classes that were unable to spot T1s at all. Would add something interesting to raids
Total inability to clear the stronghold doesn't sound that interesting to me. It sounds frustrating.
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teksura wrote:
darkstar wrote:
I'd like to see T4 classes that were unable to spot T1s at all. Would add something interesting to raids
Total inability to clear the stronghold doesn't sound that interesting to me. It sounds frustrating.

Free Skill: Stronghold Vision. You can only see T1s when they are inside a stronghold, regardless of the identity of the stronghold.

So yes, T4s would still be able to get at T1s, but they would have to, cough, persuade them to come visit or pursue them to their own house. They would have to maintain their decency in public spots and all, which is a nice change.

Most of the suggestion was serious.
RaelCleap
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think T4 would be nice with HP/MP/AP increases per level instead of cp. So the only differance in battle is the abillity of the character to cast and attack slightly more than a T3. For balance.

I would also suggest a new Zerg Flag status.

Power Zerg Flag : Negative 5 soak for hitting (with auto miss like Zerg Flag) a T1 as a T4 for 5 minutes.

This means Raids can still be done, you just need T1 or T2's to kill the lower tier enemies during the raid. It would also stop kill grieving out in the wild places.
Quixotic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaelCleap wrote:
I think T4 would be nice with HP/MP/AP increases per level instead of cp. So the only differance in battle is the abillity of the character to cast and attack slightly more than a T3. For balance.

I'd agree on the principle, however balance will still be tough as some classes benefit more from extra HP/MP than others (dodgy classes get a marginally better advantage from extra HP than others, for instance. Also my Gunwizard would love extra MP a lot more, especially as she'd get 2MP/lvl). Also, and this concerns classes getting 2MP/level after lvl 20 (like Wizards), some skills are level-related and balanced with a max level being 30 (Advocate's holy aura, Holy Champion's AoE attacks...), though if this T4 thing is only implemented in B4 then there won't be issues with that as all skills will get reworked.
saulres
So Very Sorry
So Very Sorry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quixotic wrote:
I'd agree on the principle, however balance will still be tough as some classes benefit more from extra HP/MP than others

My VW would love to be able to stay invisible longer, you bet!
RaelCleap
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or incresed in small amounts over level Example

LvL - Gain at that level

31 - Hp +1 / Mp +1
32 - +5 Dodge v Ranged
33 - +5 Accuracy with all attacks
34 - Hp +1 / Mp +1
35 - +5 AP
36 - Hp +3 / Mp +3
37 - +1 Damage with all attacks
38 - +5 Dodge v Melee / H2H
39 - + 1 Soak v All damage types
40 - +5 Ap / Hp +4 / Mp +4 / 60 Cp reward for maxing out

As a mock suggestion. Gain of 19 hp / mp / ap at max level with a few Spaced stat rewards. To represent the epic nature of the next 10 levels (how much xp would each level be?). The Xp amount could be used as justification for such level rewards.
Kiralio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the endgame needs to be any harder to reach, or that endgame characters need to be any stronger. They just need more stuff to do.

I would enjoy seeing the AP cap raised such that a maxxed out character can store 24 hours' worth total, though, just for convenience's sake. The current... 17.75? hour clock is kind of awkward.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Suggestions Dump All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: