Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Strongholds
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strongholds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> The Junkyard
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TomRiddle
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the glorious mortal factions such as Hive Mind and March of the Carls? How will bobwar survive without them?!
Obsolete
BANNED

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yagisan wrote:
Is it a a big deal that a character needs to be level 10 ? not really. It may inconvenience people that remake their characters and then rejoin factions, but Bob doesn't want players to remake characters - notice a delete button anywhere ? no - neither did I.

There's a release button. And you can ask Bob to change the name of your character so your new guy has the same name as the one you released.

It's not called 'delete' but it serves the same function.

It also does pose a problem for most factions-- namely, the quantity of T2s is very small, so it makes it very hard for factions to put up their strongholds.
Yagisan
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obsolete wrote:

There's a release button. And you can ask Bob to change the name of your character so your new guy has the same name as the one you released.

Actually, it doesn't. The give away is the bit were you need to contact Bob to bless your new character with the used name.

Obsolete wrote:
It also does pose a problem for most factions-- namely, the quantity of T2s is very small, so it makes it very hard for factions to put up their strongholds.
This is the early game. A stronghold is a privilege, not a right.

Something else to think about - why do you think that Bob limits you to only 3 characters in factions - again to me that seems a stronghold is a privilege, not a right.
Obsolete
BANNED

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yagisan wrote:
Obsolete wrote:

Actually, it doesn't. The give away is the bit were you need to contact Bob to bless your new character with the used name.

Or you can just create your character with a space at the beginning or end. You're reading WAY more into the release than is there.

Quote:
Obsolete wrote:
This is the early game. A stronghold is a privilege, not a right.

Something else to think about - why do you think that Bob limits you to only 3 characters in factions - again to me that seems a stronghold is a privilege, not a right.

Probably the better way to do it would be you have to have a level 10 IN your faction to be able to set a SH: this would prevent people from purposefully creating a faction, giving leadership to a mortal, then moving on.

As it stands, it simply limits it to a small subset who can actually set the SH, despite the fact that someone has already met the level requirements of being able to make a faction in the first place.

It's a bit annoying for people if they're a large group joining up once more to have only the level tens be able to set.
Hoolaparara
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortals are puny beings and would be destroyed should they try to make the magic of a stronghold.. None should be able to.
Onimoz
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

because the friggin chaos is the coolest thing evar, and SHs are a privilege as someone here said.
AlmostFunny
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha. At least you guys can create the factions you want. Unaligned factions are totally out of luck. We *wish* we could have the problem of not being able to create a stronghold. We can't even figure out how to loosely group ourselves together.
Ragwortshire
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staying Neutral isn't hard, you know. Razz
AlmostFunny
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the entire point about neutrality was that Transcendents were ok with unrestricted factions no matter what they did. So then why is it I cannot create an Unaligned faction regardless of my morality?

I'm an evil Myrmidon so when I want to create a faction my options should be Evil and Unaligned. If I was good my options should be Good and Unaligned. If I'm neutral then my only option can be Unaligned (though I think it should also be acceptable to create unrestricted Good or Evil factions in that case).

Considering the WIGBL application itself I can't see why things have been implemented this way. I was told to create the faction and switch the alignment. Why the heck should I have to jump through those sorts of UI hoops? If the gameplay doesn't care to the extent that it's perfectly fine for me to create an Evil faction and then 45 seconds later switch it to Unaligned why don't we just provide the proper options during faction creation?

tl;dr - IMO opinion a Transcendent should always be able to create an Unaligned faction. Razz
Karloth_vois

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're inherently evil, it makes sense that the faction you create is also evil. I'm guessing this doesn't stop neutral-morality chaps joining you?
Yagisan
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlmostFunny wrote:
I thought the entire point about neutrality was that Transcendents were ok with unrestricted factions no matter what they did. So then why is it I cannot create an Unaligned faction regardless of my morality?

In Bobwar, that's no longer true. Factions do care very much about your morality - it's an intentional change, Bob's reasoning is listed over here

AlmostFunny wrote:
I'm an evil Myrmidon so when I want to create a faction my options should be Evil and Unaligned. If I was good my options should be Good and Unaligned. If I'm neutral then my only option can be Unaligned (though I think it should also be acceptable to create unrestricted Good or Evil factions in that case).

Considering the WIGBL application itself I can't see why things have been implemented this way. I was told to create the faction and switch the alignment. Why the heck should I have to jump through those sorts of UI hoops? If the gameplay doesn't care to the extent that it's perfectly fine for me to create an Evil faction and then 45 seconds later switch it to Unaligned why don't we just provide the proper options during faction creation?
Bobwar actually does care - lets say you do make that unaligned faction, and the faction as a whole does mainly evil things ie raiding only good factions - Bobwar will cause your faction to fall to evil to reflect the actual morality of the faction (personally, I think he should go even further - if most of your faction have different colour dots to the faction morality - because say they kill anything that moves while being in a good faction - then I think that should also force faction alignment to change). In nexuswar, faction morality was only used for "I want angels, demons or neither in my club"

AlmostFunny wrote:
tl;dr - IMO opinion a Transcendent should always be able to create an Unaligned faction. Razz
I actually like the idea that a faction reflects it's membership's actions - if you are evil, regardless of class, you should not be hiding behind a mask of neutrality or good. If you truly want to be unaligned, I suppose now is the time to start repenting Wink

Karloth_vois wrote:
If you're inherently evil, it makes sense that the faction you create is also evil. I'm guessing this doesn't stop neutral-morality chaps joining you?
Not at all, although if you do have a factional bonus, they only get 2/3 of it until they fall into line with faction morality.
AlmostFunny
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yagisan wrote:
Bobwar actually does care - lets say you do make that unaligned faction, and the faction as a whole does mainly evil things ie raiding only good factions - Bobwar will cause your faction to fall to evil to reflect the actual morality of the faction (personally, I think he should go even further - if most of your faction have different colour dots to the faction morality - because say they kill anything that moves while being in a good faction - then I think that should also force faction alignment to change). In nexuswar, faction morality was only used for "I want angels, demons or neither in my club"

What you are describing is already implemented as restricted factions. Hardly anybody used this option in NW and so far, out of 14 factions, only 3 are restricted - and two of those are the Heavenly Host and The Legions of the Abyss. I'll also note that 11 out of 12 player-created factions are evil and there are no unaligned factions yet. It's too early to declare this problematic but I'm not sure we want it to be this much easier to get an evil faction going than a good or unaligned faction.

Yagisan wrote:
I actually like the idea that a faction reflects it's membership's actions - if you are evil, regardless of class, you should not be hiding behind a mask of neutrality or good. If you truly want to be unaligned, I suppose now is the time to start repenting Wink

What happened to being unaligned? This sounds more like "Good, except for maybe the last 30 AP". If I wanted to hide behind a mask of evil or good I could have become a demon or an angel. Smile
Ragwortshire
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlmostFunny wrote:
What you are describing is already implemented as restricted factions. Hardly anybody used this option in NW and so far, out of 14 factions, only 3 are restricted - and two of those are the Heavenly Host and The Legions of the Abyss. I'll also note that 11 out of 12 player-created factions are evil and there are no unaligned factions yet. It's too early to declare this problematic but I'm not sure we want it to be this much easier to get an evil faction going than a good or unaligned faction.

It's also implemented in non-restricted factions. As far as I can tell, the NW concept of "We're Good/Evil/Unaligned because I say we are" no longer exists. In the long term, a faction's actions determine its alignment; in the short term, it's the morality of whoever founds it.

Make sense?
AlmostFunny
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragwortshire wrote:
It's also implemented in non-restricted factions. As far as I can tell, the NW concept of "We're Good/Evil/Unaligned because I say we are" no longer exists. In the long term, a faction's actions determine its alignment; in the short term, it's the morality of whoever founds it.

Make sense?

If the ability to change a faction's alignment during faction edits is implemented, then no it doesn't make sense. I'm also not sure how the whole idea of faction raid targets determining your faction alignment is going to interact with such functionality.

In any case I've made my point and the only thing to do is play the game the way it works right now. Smile
karek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before anyone else goes on about the bug thing. Incorrect functions don't have specific set occurrence texts. This action does, i.e. Feature not bug. If I thought it were unintentionally related to or had any reason to thing it were unintentionally related to the faction creation rule as a bug I would have gone there.

And yeah Yagisan, it's not a massively huge deal but it is pointlessly limiting. Which was my point. It seems like it's something that's meant to benefit the newer players and ferals but, the way it looks works out, is that it mostly just serves to discourage new groups.

Also, just a beside and around the point. Yes, level limits for making strongholds are functionally valuable for the time being. However they should not be the primary limiter to new players getting factionally abused, it's weaksauce. It'll happen anyway just after ten levels of grinding up to finally do something that they feel lets them have a group identity. It's actually more likely to happen with the current stronghold rules set up. You may as well just put a limiter on the faction range you can capture flags from like the honor limit was supposed to be. Providing a penalty for each kill inside the stronghold of a significantly smaller faction would be a far more efficient way of limiting this. Alternatively providing a much larger benefit for even attempting larger factions would serve to make down raiding less effective enough that it wouldn't be as much of an issue.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> The Junkyard All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: