Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Occupy Oaken Knob
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Occupy Oaken Knob
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EstimatedProphet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harrower is used to getting killed in the Knob, but there is something uniquely annoying about being killed "in protest."

What's so wrong about wanting to achieve a self-sustaining booze reaction? All poor Harrower wants to do is search with sufficient efficiency that, in combination with the gifts of booze provided it by others, it can remain drunk indefinitely. All Harrower wants is to not be sober- xp farming is completely off its radar (it got to T3 largely through xp gained by its sires pet, since it was so frequently murdered in a crowded room, and so rarely endeavored to attack others on its own). When it makes attacks, it is only for the purpose of restoring its hp after others have attacked it.

Still, when people kill it because they're hunting for xp, that's understandable. When people kill it because they simply can't tolerate demons in their neighborhood, that's understandable. When people kill it because they think it's playing the game wrong? Harrower believes such ones as these should consider protesting its taint with their tongues.
toxicology
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does seem a bit odd:
Quote:

- Some Random Character said, "Just so we are all on the same page, I strongly disagree with their being a ''safe'' zone smack bang in the middle of my hunting grounds, allowing anyone and everyone to hide up in here safe from harm. I believe this is against the spirit of the game and as such will continue to visit and attemopt to persuade you all to venture out into the great wide world" (2012-06-08 08:30:07).

I am afraid that Fred is indeed a Dullard, for apparently I missed the memo on this one.

Now I'm all in favor of Some Random Character (name obscured because hey, why not) killing me because I kill them, frequently and with vigor. I kill them because they do not have the Advanced Thrown Weapons skill. I lack the Advanced Thrown Weapons skill. So... yeah. Seems logical.

But I missed the bit where this was a safe zone. Um. Hello? If you want to kill Fred, go check out the Oaken Knob. You may need to take a number, because you may not be the only person waiting to express your gratitude for my pro-active community policing model, but if this is a safe zone for Fred, I'd hate to see the un-safe zones.

Oh wait, I have. Those would be the ones where you happy jokers murder me while I'm trying to think up something witty to say about Advanced Thrown Weapons ("Advanced Thrown Weapons: the sort of skill that classy lady, Your Mom, would want you to have, plus of course the clean underwear.").

But anyhow. If you desperately want to murder Fred, here's a clue: I drink at the Oaken Knob. It is easy (trivial, when you get right down to it) to murder me. I'm too lazy to be a death-farmer, but otherwise, knock yourself out. Or rather, knock me out.

Or not. That's fine too. Almost murdering me is also great fun. In fact, you could almost-murder quite a few people in the Knob, I do believe.

Of course, it's possible that this is actually just a plot to Confuse-A-Dullard. "Hah, I am killing you with this BANANA!" when in fact it was a Soft Strike (yeah, that was so soft my head fell off). This is also not hard, possibly because I am a Dullard by both birth and nature, and of course I spend as many APs as I can spare from getting murdered drinking, which can't help with the Rapid Mental Comprehension of events around me.
Kylinn
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather ironic that people are protesting farming in the Oaken Knob by - farming the Oaken Knob.

(And farming much more effectively than the Knob regulars do too. After all, the regular demons are trying not to kill anyone, and the regular healers have competition.)
Mnky

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can hardly call the pirates raiding someone farming
DUMBGoose

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All is farming! We are stuck in this struggle together Black Hat while the elders farm us for favour like pigs for bacon.

Why in the desolate outer planes of losers and emptyness many are dragged through the void to there to be a harvest of souls for the emaciated denizens of the wastelands.

You just need to see the bigger picture friend.

~AUTOMATON FOR THE PEOPLE
Meric

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mnky wrote:
You can hardly call the pirates raiding someone farming

The largest faction raiding an RP/wardless bar faction whom have absolutely no recourse. Aye, its more of a dick move than farming but fully within their long pedigree of dick moves, so its alright.
toxicology
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should probably add that although I think murdering Fred is well-justified, I have no strong feelings one way or the other about murdering other denizens of the bar. I don't do it, but if you are looking for sane, thoughtful guidance to the ethical dilemmas of life in the Nexus, and I look like just the Ethics Master you were looking for, oh boy.

In that case, the ethical thing to do is come give me pies. Just saying. The Nicomachean Ethics? All about the pies! The cornerstone of Epicurean ethics? Right, pies again. What would insert-major-religious-figure-here do? Bring me pies (or at least some sort of food product). I'm hard-pressed to think of ANY major religion or system of ethics that does not involve giving Fred pies. Maybe the Zoroastrians would give me danishes and cupcakes, because, hey, they're funny that way. If you find any baklava, that's morally acceptable as well.

You will not be the first to travel the path of Pie Enlightenment, but I trust you will not be dissuaded from the correct course of action.

Of course, needless to say, it is also morally correct to murder me, but (and this is, I think, a fundamental point in Pie Ethics), murder comes AFTER pie. Sadly, you will find that it is impossible to give me pie if you kill me first (unless, as a true follower of the way of pie, you should happen to wait for me to respawn, which is acceptable but unlikely to really work out in practice, as I am afraid that pie-givers are often murdered by passing psychopaths).
pinecones

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually try to hand out some rhubarb pies or strawberry shortcakes after using Freddy as a practice dummy. Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to visit lately, what with all the evil to smite in the Nexus.

Maybe tomorrow!
toxicology
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. I humbly acknowledge that pinecones first showed me the Way of Pies. I ask the random psychopathic killers of the Nexus, can you do less?

Well, actually, evidence suggests that you can do less. Goodness knows I do. But that doesn't mean that you SHOULD do less.

EDIT:
Quote:

- <some random killer person> said, "Right, here we go again then, as apparently you haven't learned your lesson" (2012-06-09 05:20:24).

No! Au contraire! All lessons learned, passed, summa cum laude, and I suggest to you that if one COULD get tenure in "hanging around in a bar after killing a bunch of people and maybe stealing a little healing from the actual healers," that I would currently hold an endowed chair in hanging around in a bar after killing a bunch of people and maybe stealing a little healing from the actual healers.

No, the person currently earning a failing grade is YOU, <some random killer person>*, you who have quite seriously failed to bring me pie.

------
* ok, Dinah. Who apparently does not read this thread. It was in the syllabus: pinecones, "On the advisability of handing pies to Fred", Journal of Applied Pie Ethics, 1(2012) pp. 1-2387, and let me tell you, 2387 pages? that's a lot of ethics AND a lot of pie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Club Jörmungandr All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: