Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Alchemy & Magic - It's an Art
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alchemy & Magic - It's an Art
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Game Mechanics Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kylinn
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how much work it would be to do this, but what if the game kept track of which experiments one does, and attempting a previously-failed attempt resulted not in damage but in a "you already tried that, stupid" message?
Ongewitter
Wikinator
Wikinator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
- You spend considerable time working with the Chunk of Steel but after several tests, you realize that you already know how many of them you need to allow you to create a(n) Potion of Strength through alchemical focus of your magic! (2010-04-03 18:34:32).

When using Steel on a Strength Potion experiment. I don't think the Steel was even consumed.
Liche

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ongewitter wrote:
Quote:
- You spend considerable time working with the Chunk of Steel but after several tests, you realize that you already know how many of them you need to allow you to create a(n) Potion of Strength through alchemical focus of your magic! (2010-04-03 18:34:32).

When using Steel on a Strength Potion experiment. I don't think the Steel was even consumed.

That is correct behavior. If you try to use a component for a recipe, but have already figured out all the uses of that component in the recipe, that is what happens. For example, if your Strength Potion requires two Chunks of Steel and you try to research Steel as a component for a third time, you will discover that you've already found all uses of Steel for that recipe. It should not consume the component.
Ongewitter
Wikinator
Wikinator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have probably worded that better.That was to show that if you already found the correct number of components, experimentation wouldn't consume your component and the game would also tell you that you tried it before.
Hoolaparara
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this looks like a new sort of fun, you wander across half the map because you can no longer do alchemy in a stronghold and then you blow yourself up repeatedly until you die then rinse and repeat... oh joy...
Ongewitter
Wikinator
Wikinator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least we got you outside.
Sihoiba
Architect of Anguish

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far most of my potions involve leather...
EugeneKay

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sihoiba wrote:
So far most of my potions involve leather...

Try Industrial Plastic and maybe a Length of Chain.

A guy can hope that S&M gear is craftable, can't he?

Quote:
<ADK> Maybe he just fancies himself a nazi
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
fluffymasterchief
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when I am researching a potion of clarity and fail, the message box says that the potion of combat clarity needs to use spring of nightshade. But I already figured out how many of them I need. So getting that message over and over and over every time I fail an experiment is really annoying. I know that already! Tell me something new!

Do I have to try all and every ingredient once just to figure what new ingredient I need? that's kind of obscene....I only need to know three more.
Ezekiel
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you need 3 sprigs of nightshade. I'm not an alchemist but I know you do need to actually try the suggested ingredient for it to recognise that you now know it.
fluffymasterchief
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ezekiel wrote:
Maybe you need 3 sprigs of nightshade. I'm not an alchemist but I know you do need to actually try the suggested ingredient for it to recognise that you now know it.
I'll try again and if it gives me that you know all the uses of it message again, I'll file this under a bug
Entomo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fluffymasterchief wrote:
when I am researching a potion of clarity and fail, the message box says that the potion of combat clarity needs to use spring of nightshade. But I already figured out how many of them I need. So getting that message over and over and over every time I fail an experiment is really annoying. I know that already! Tell me something new!

Do I have to try all and every ingredient once just to figure what new ingredient I need? that's kind of obscene....I only need to know three more.

If this is working this way, I kinda like it. Randomly giving you a bit of information instead of randomly giving you a bit of *new* information would make this more valuable knowledge, I think. I *like* the idea of the Alchemist as someone who's a valued member of the faction rather than just a side job. To me, it's like giving faction bonuses back...you'll value your infusers more now. An alchemist that knows CC suddenly becomes more valuable if the recipes require some effort to obtain.

On the other hand, it *does* open up the possibility of using alchemy as a source of healing XP (although a very expensive one, AP-wise). If you only get your 7 ingredients/potion, it would limit the ability to use this for any sort of XP farming no matter how willing you were to burn AP to do it.
Ongewitter
Wikinator
Wikinator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I just tried experimenting with Alchemy with someone else near me. I don't know if it did AoE damage, but it didn't show on my page.
I mean, come on!
fluffymasterchief
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the latest changes to the alchemy. I had, combat clarity, golem form, and strength status on me. I'M THE FUCKING JUGGERNAUT!!!

Also, I am not guaranteed to explode any more even on a failure. that is a plus.
von9
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found out that brewing doesn't grant EXP. I hope this will change?

Last edited by von9 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Game Mechanics Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: