Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Breath 3.5 levelling stats and Breath 4 preview
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Breath 3.5 levelling stats and Breath 4 preview
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dissident

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's the door farming that needs fixing? Along with that thought is like requesting that the healing mechanic be farmable on a single person (you punch and you heal em). The only difference would be that healing and combat yields better result per AP capita. Maybe what needs fixing is the door farming being treated like the current engineering (XP reward-wise) but just raise both of these to be on par with the rest of the XP sources, meaning increase in XP to AP ratio.

I rather have people being rewarded for moving a lot and spending AP than adjust the game mechanics so that people could just stay in one tile forever and do their thing. I believe that the adjustment the game needs is to promote and reward player movement to make game more dynamic and not everyone staying in one place and hiding behind their SH farming.

Just playing a devil's advocate here and approaching the issue on a different angle.

Last edited by Dissident on Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kiralio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removing any XP gain might be reasonable, but there is no circumstance where physically disallowing the player from destroying doors is a good idea, even if they were the ones who last repaired it.
Dissident

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only mean the way it grants XP.
Kiralio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, sorry, should have read more carefully. I'm just used to thinking about the restrictions on power vs. doors in terms of badges rather than XP.
Wozzy
Misinformation Meme Machine
Misinformation Meme Machine

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off topic, but how import is a mobile friendly interface to you? As someone who is already gimped by not being able to use keyboard shortcuts and consistently uses surgery on players who are at 46/50, I'd like to know if we are being looked out for.

It is not that big of a concern in 3.5, but since the only way I can safely spam search without accidentally attempting to hide is with refreshing, which sounds like it might not work anymore, I'm a little more concerned.

Please accept this gift. I promise it isn't a bribe.

Rincewind
So much universe and so little time
So much universe and so little time

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making the interface friendly to mobiles is very important to us - We know that a lot of people like to play Nexus Clash on the go. Unfortunately its also a lot of hard work to make and test a dedicated mobile-first interface that works well on the majority of devices. I'm currently the sole person writing all of the code and user interface, so I can't say that we will definitely launch B4 with a dedicated mobile-first UI. We will however be taking steps to ensure that the standard interface is more mobile friendly, and a dedicated mobile interface is definitely on the todo list.

I am being careful to ensure that information on the standard interface is available to players without needing to hover over things, and the standard interface will scale down to smaller screens much better than B3.5 does currently. The way buttons are laid out in B4 also means they are larger and more spaced out (thanks to the targetting pane there's more room for buttons).

The lack of page reloads does mean you can't refresh the page to redo an action. However the lack of page reloads also means the page won't redraw itself - You can keep tapping on the button without waiting for the page to reload, and the zoom & scrolling won't reset with each action.

Admittedly my Galaxy Note 2 is a fairly large phone, but in my testing (with my fingers - not the stylus) I have gone from having significant difficulty doing anything fast in B3.5 to being able to do things fairly quickly in B4, mostly thanks to the fact that the page doesn't reload & redraw itself.

We are going to be posting an announcement soon regarding increasing the size of the development team. One of the roles we are looking for is someone who can design and/or build a dedicated mobile-first alternate user interface. I want to emphasize that regardless of whether that role is filled or not, I will be taking steps to ensure that B4's standard user interface is more mobile friendly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: