Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Police Bulletin: "False Goods"
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Police Bulletin: "False Goods"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sihoiba
Architect of Anguish

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Police Bulletin: "False Goods" Reply with quote

So after witnessing a Paladin in Murder Inc commit willful assault and premeditated murder on someone of good morality, myself no less. Now I'm not particularly surprised that at least some members of Murder Inc are using it as a front for their criminal activity, I see an openning for The Police Force at the End of the Universe to help deal with those who abuse loop holes in the quick Criminal Activity check system (commonly referred to the MO system).

If you are an upstanding citizen, or an angel, and witness the murder of another good, by an apparently good citizen, please post evidence here in the forms of screen shots, and the Police Force at the End of the Universe will bring them to justice.
Kharn
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the officer would think twice before sleeping outside, in plain sight?

You may think your badge makes you special, but deep down you break just like the daemons and heretics I am so used to purge.

My loyalty lies with the faction, and the faction alone. Your moral codes and laws are made to be exploited, and exploited they will be. Only the weak bind themselves to rules and petty codes.

In other words, the way I see it, if you are not with us, you are either an enemy or a target of opportunity. Your standing in the Great Struggle means nothing to me.

But who am I, but a lowly murderer? I have no say in the politics of the faction, as of right now. (And I don't want to be involved in it, either. Just give me a target, and i will be merciless.)

-Raege, member of the Imperial Commissariat and occasional murderer.
pinecones

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen, we at Murder Inc operate fully within the constraints of morality the Elder Powers have placed upon us. Ineffective regulation and a flawed moral code that lends itself to exploitation will ultimately be exploited. Instead of petitioning and punishing the faction and individual players, perhaps you should take your protests to the Elder Power level?

I have a legal and moral responsibility to create value for my shareholders, and I will do so to the best of my ability. Although, sometimes creating value in murder is difficult in the current political climate of Mason's Point, I have resorted to actions that some may consider reprehensible, such as committing acts of murder on other angels.

However, I do stand by my actions, and remember, if you attack Murder Inc, you may as well be attacking another angel. Corporations are people too! (and so are talking fruit).

-Pineapples
SkullFace
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Members of Murder Inc have, despite taking pains to achieve and maintain Good alignment, been assaulted by members of allegedly Good factions such as Invisible Danger, Heart of Oak and EUPD, to name but a few. These three named factions are only a selection of those that have seen fit to assault The King in this Breath. Similar assaults have been reported by The King's minions.

To those who see fit to treat the repentant members of MI in this manner, we say "Put your own house in order". If you do not, expect to be treated in the same manner in which you treat others.

Skull Face
toxicology
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a jolly tar, I can affirm that I have never murdered any members of Murder, Inc. Still, and all, I can't help thinking that the corporation's name lends itself to this sort of playful misunderstanding. Murder, in and of itself, could be either objective (getting murdered) or subjective (murdering), I think. If you advertise that you are interested in Murder, it should come as little surprise if other angels show you some, from time to time.

Plus, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, angels can be criminals of the worst sort. Just because you're in good with the Elder Powers doesn't mean you don't jaywalk, double-park, and murder transients in the park on the grounds that they needed killing. It merely suggests that you are marginally more likely to repair doors (a crime of trespass, as it happens) than break them.

As to my own record, alas, I must add that it has less to do with my morals (which have the Elder Powers Seal of Approval) than with my 10% to hit.

Sincerely yours in the pursuit of good, especially in seafaring--
--Janitor, jolly tar and part time holystoner of the decks of the Heart of Oak.
levitto
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

an abandoned kitten, the former chief executive officer of the sleep and noms department of Murder Inc., now a high ranking member of the urban improvement wing of Murder Inc.'s headquarters is quite confuzzled. As a fierce follower of Goros she only repairs and fixes that which is broken. Even when attacked she no longer seeks revenge on her assailant nor holds a grudge. Perhaps the so-called "goods" could learn a lesson from the cutest kitten in the Nexus.

The kitten then tries to relay a story of her being referred as trash while being attacked, unprovoked she tries to add, by a member of the EUPD. Or perhaps she really really really wants Meow-Mix. Whichever.

The kitten frowns while pondering if the EUPD are still upset about her actions in the previous breathe. After a few moments she regains her resolve, adjusts her mittens, and heads out to try to protect a park from dangers..
Sihoiba
Architect of Anguish

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several points to respond to, firstly as an officer I have long ago accepted that destruction of my current aspect especially when fatigued from arrest criminals is a risk of performing my duty to the utmost of my ability.

As you have pointed out there is exploitation available in the MO system. However willful exploitation to engage in criminal acts are still criminal acts. There are many ways employees of Murder Inc could legally behave in a way to the detriment of their share holders, would it not be on the share holders then to address the problem?

Now while the elder powers are else wise engaged, as the Chief Officer in a duly appointed police force I believe it my duty to uphold both the spirit and the letter of the law. With the manpower at my disposal it would be remiss of me to not pursue those who abuse the MO system in order to avoid the just punishment for their criminal acts, and to benefit from the altruism and kindness of true goods.

Having said that I hold my officers to the highest possible standards. The are under orders to not arrest goods except in self defense, and to only arrest neutrals who have a record of repeated angel murder, or are currently engaged in the act of assaulting a good. Should you find any of my officers behaving inappropriately please provide myself with evidence and I'll shall put the full weight of our IA division to punish such troublemakers.

That aside I wish to clarify the EUPD has no hostility against Murder Inc. We consider their and The Shining ones choice to turn over a new leaf for this breath to be one of our greatest victories and vindication of the approach we have taken to attempt to constrain and dissuade the wide scale criminal activities that go on within the nexus. However in this case one Commissar Raege of Murder Inc did pronounce before assaulting an officer of the law (myself) the following, as duly recorded in my police notebook.

Quote:
- Commissar Raege said, "Hrm. Let me try to do this without falling." (2012-02-04 19:01:38).

This shows a willful and premeditated intent to commit murder and abuse the existing MO system. As such he has forfeited any protection available to him based upon his morality, and I strongly urge Murder Inc to remove such clear abusers of the law from their establishment, less they tarnish it's efforts to improve it's reputation further.

In addition please see this bulletin board, listing known 'false' goods. The EUPD will maintain this board, and hope all citizens of the Nexus will join us in our attempts to put all criminals regardless of their disguise safely away in the void cells.
ZIppy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to propose that Mason's Point be declared a Police free state.

We have no need for their law and they have no authority to impose any upon us!

We existed long before they did and we shall not be dictated to by some facists in uniforms!

If they wish to live thier lives as pious, sanctimonious Angels then so be it.

We'll live ours how we see fit too.

Let it be finally known that zealot Angels are crap in the sack and are complete bores at parties!

There is no brotherehood of Angels. let the facade fade.

Keith Moon
Knights of Arcadia
SkullFace
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To: EUPD
From: Azathoth, Nyarlathotep and Hastur, Elder Attorneys.

The board of Murder Inc have indicated their intention to implement this suggestion as part of a wider commitment to good works in the community. We await a show of good faith in this matter from the following factions, in the form of action against the named miscreants who have seen fit to assault MI personnel:

Invisible Danger - George Effing Pierce
Invisible Danger - Muppetlord
Invisible Danger - Saxton Hale

EUPD - Virgil Firebrand
EUPD - The Knave of Hearts
EUPD - Signed

Heart of Oak - GSV Total Internal Reflection
Heart of Oak - Ravachol

Please note that this is not a definitive list, merely those who have been brought to our attention by one member of the MI board. We reserve the right to bring additional complaints for resolution.

Yours sincerely,

<Incomprehensible squiggle>

pp. J. Arthur Hastur, LL.B., B.C.L, B.D

Skull Face
Ragwortshire
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To whom it may concern,

I don't wish to cast any undue doubt on the characters of Murder Inc. For all I know, they really have changed their tune, so to speak, and are not at all bent upon wreaking havoc and destruction upon my own faction, Invisible Danger, and upon all that is good and innocent in the Nexus in general. It seems perfectly possible to me that they are not, in fact, merely using the appearence of goodness as a sham and a facade to stem the tide of righteous vengeance against them, which arises merely from crimes, admittedly most heinous and foul, which they indeed pretend - err, claim - to have given up!

However, there are certain factors which have understandably made my factionmates mildly apprehensive. To whit, the declaration of undying hostility towards my faction on the part of Murder Inc., without any reason publicly given until now, their continued encroachment upon our territory and their notorious alliances with some of the most black-hearted of evildoers ever to have walked the Planes.

Perhaps to set our minds at ease, Murder Inc. might consider stating with what intentions they declared our faction to be hostile and for what reason they elected to set their notorious Stronghold so close to our own. If their belligerence has served its purpose, then - well, I cannot speak for my faction's leaders, but if they were to cease their hostility and their counterinfusion attempts against us, then I for one would be very willing to plead their case.

I hope this letter finds you all alive and free of Defiler Poison.

- Procyon (Veteran, Invisible Danger).
Remilia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You find a sticky note stapled on your door as you arrive home, along with several fist-shaped dents in the doorway.

The note reads: SAXTON HALE SHALL AND WILL NOT YIELD! He will not mercilessly punch allies away as he used to, but to all else he shall view them as FAIR GAME, GOOD OR EVIL! The point of hunting is to find somebody and punch them in the face as they punch you in the face, both of whom do not wear armor Why if I had it my way I'd ask my workers to create a knuckle hat that PUNCHES YOU IN YOUR OWN FACE if it detects that you are avoiding a fight...

You roll your eyes, sighing dispassionately as you crumple the note up before you finish reading it and toss it aside.
Ragwortshire
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You see! See what some of our noble faction members have been driven to, all because of the anxiety they feel over the veiled aggression of certain factions. For the sake of (what precious little) sanity (there is left) in the Nexus, something must be done!

*Makes a note to advise the leaders of the possible need to recruit a psychotherapist to the cause.*

- Procyon.
SkullFace
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To: ID

Our clients note the following:

Ragwortshire wrote:
Perhaps to set our minds at ease, Murder Inc. might consider stating with what intentions they declared our faction to be hostile and for what reason they elected to set their notorious Stronghold so close to our own.

Murder Inc have declared ID hostile in response to ID's repeated attacks on their personnel. Note also that ID had previously unilaterally declared their own hostile intentions towards Murder Inc. The aggressors in this case are ID.

In regards to the SH Murder Inc were unfortunately unable to set in their preferred location due to certain inadequacies in the current Faction Edit systems. Had those inadequacies not existed the Murder Inc SH would have been set down much earlier and in a location much less pleasing to certain parties.

At present the board of Murder Inc has received no formal submission from ID with regard to infusion territory. Any such will be considered on its own merits and independently of the EUPD discussions on alleged criminal activities.

We remain,

Skull Face
SkullFace
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To: EUPD

We bring to your attention the unrepentant acknowledgements of guilt from ID, in particular the aforementioned Saxton Hale.

Quote:
SAXTON HALE SHALL AND WILL NOT YIELD! He will not mercilessly punch allies away as he used to, but to all else he shall view them as FAIR GAME, GOOD OR EVIL!

Our clients await the EUPD repsonse with some interest. Having suffered (and prevailed) through an entire Breath of corrupt officialdom the board of Murder Inc would prefer that the opportunities of the new Breath not be tarnished by similar unwarranted persecution.

Yours in praise of His Majesty,

Skull Face
Ragwortshire
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkullFace wrote:
Murder Inc have declared ID hostile in response to ID's repeated attacks on their personnel. Note also that ID had previously unilaterally declared their own hostile intentions towards Murder Inc.

In the light of Murder Inc.'s seemingly fathomless doings of evil in the previous breath, this should be no surprise to anyone. Obviously since MI never formally requested for relations to return to normal, our political stance remained as it was originally set - at the time, set in a way that very much reflected MI's own actions.

- Procyon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Club Jörmungandr All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: