Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Done for now.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Done for now.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Out-of-Character Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaelCleap
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Done for now. Reply with quote

So Ok, I will try to keep this as brief and vague as possable. So it doesn't cause a drama.

I have three gripes that has hindered my enjoyment of this game.

1. One of these gripes is the AP sink "You search and find nothing" streaks. (I have addressed my issue elsewhere so I will say no more on the matter).

Let's just say, demons have been getting screwed since Stygia opened. As for my Opal syndicate laurentia farmer, that has been covered elsewhere to.

2. The Cliques, I just don't do them and ignor such attitudes and snidy remarks in and out of game.

3. I applied to the dev team, for lore writing and helping with the community. I was told I would be told after "A discussion" what my answer would be.

I never got an answer, this I feel is rude and disrespectful. I didn't expect to get on the team, but a "no" would have at least been respectful.

What I plan to do

I am going to give this game another week to see if the RNG becomes any kinder to me. Also to see if my demons spawning in Stygia don't continue to get royaled by the RNG.

If it continues to hamper my fun and yield nothing, this will add to my final choice of action.

I will be closing existing competitions and all the stuff I try to do for the community will stop. It was a labour of love for the game and a lot of the community players. I love writing, plus wrote and funded from my own pocket to try and give a little RP reward for you guys. Hope you will enjoy how quiet the forum will be without me.

This is down to the disrespect of not recieving my answer from the devs while maintaining the forum posting I do (comp's ect). Along with the certain cliques who jibe and drop snide comments (I won't name any names, so don't ask), that bring me to stopping my forum activity.

The conclusion: If it continues to hamper my fun after next week, I put this game down and walk away. At this point I feel like it is not worth me supporting the game with my money / time / effort for all the reasons stated.

I do not care if this changes your opinion of me for being forward.

I would just like to say thank you to those who helped make my stay here fun. Your characters and RP have been a joy. But this is how it feels and as a blunt up front guy I have made such a post explaining thus.

Have fun.

Last edited by RaelCleap on Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Armykid500

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry you feel this way. A few of my characters last breath were able to enjoy your contests especially since they were a nice change of pace from the ol' king of the mountain Ziggurat challenges. Would rather you didnt leave since you are one of the forces that helped keep this forum alive especially near the end of breath 3, but I cannot give you any real incentive. The game is prone to the streakiness of searching and segments of the IRC community can be a little elitist, just the way internet communities tend to work. In terms of the dev team I'm sure that was a mistake on their part or they haven't figured everything out yet. I'm sure if you had (or maybe you already have) shot one of them a message before making this post they wouldve responded, likely just got a lot of messages and forgot to go back and respond.
MrConsideration
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that sucks dude, you contribute an awful lot to the culture of the game.

Regarding the RNG - c'est la vie avec le RNG.

I'm sure the dev team didn't intentionally snub you and were perhaps still in discussion or had simply not reached consensus on admittance.

I have personally not found this community at all clique(y) but then I scarcely ever log on to IRC - far too busy. I guess a lot of people have been part of the Nexus War/Clash community since antideluvian times and maybe have close ties. I'm sure you'll be able to ingratiate yourself.
saulres
So Very Sorry
So Very Sorry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad

Rael, the RNG is a bitch; see my recent "70% <> 33%" letter to it. It sucks, but it's been like that even as far back as NW. There are also bugs in the new breath which clearly haven't been discovered yet.

Drama is a sad part of this game that's been on the forums but you've elevated the forums to a happier place and for that I'm grateful.

I can't speak to the dev team not getting back to you but not even companies who might pay you get back to you so maybe they just didn't have time? They're all volunteers.

In any case, if you go, I for one will miss you.
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You haven't heard back because we like to consider the applications in batches. It's easier that way. We're simply not finished with the second batch yet.

We only just found out about the RNG issue - We don't have the advantage of having written the game from scratch - We're working on fixing these things as we become aware of them

It might have been more appropriate to discuss this with us in private via PM.
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Did... TWICE! In CLASH IRC. (no answer)

I Had also brought up Stygian / laurentia drops in irc, with you on a fair few occasions.

Have addressed the Drop streak multiple times to (in IRC), also effected by the above point.

Also posted in the suggestion draft about it, drop streaks and its frustraiting effects. (Aiden offered a selection of code solutions that got no responce)

Is there anywhere else I should have asked about it? Posted about it?

You know what would be a good idea, get a forum community manager, saves your playerbase getting snubbed or ignored on certain points and issues. Evil or Very Mad
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, in PM would have been better. Reporting issues via IRC is not a good idea. We're not always around to see it. Personally I've been working 10 hour shifts 5 days a week. I'm not going to see what you say to me in #clash in that time. For bugs, we have a bug reporting forum.
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teksura wrote:
Like I said, in PM would have been better. Reporting issues via IRC is not a good idea. We're not always around to see it. Personally I've been working 10 hour shifts 5 days a week. I'm not going to see what you say to me in #clash in that time. For bugs, we have a bug reporting forum.

You responded to everyone else in IRC at the time.

That doesn't address the forum posts about it ether in regards to the issue (That cost demon searchers how many weeks of bogus searching?)

I also work 10 hours a day, sometimes more, 7 days a week. I'm Just Super prolific with my spare time and have the privalage of working from home.

Also "MADE" time with a hand full of credits and a little imagination to do what I have done on the forums.

Nevermind, Nuff Said! We are done here. Good Luck, all the best....
Rincewind
So much universe and so little time
So much universe and so little time

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaelCleap wrote:
Aiden offered a selection of code solutions that got no responce

We have been discussing these internally.
We don't always respond to every post, but they do all get read.

I am sorry if you don't think we move fast enough on these matters.
Even with a larger team, there are things that only specific people can look into, and we can only do so much.
Shadok
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaelCleap wrote:
You know what would be a good idea, get a forum community manager, saves your playerbase getting snubbed or ignored on certain points and issues. Evil or Very Mad

We already collectively deal with things. I personally check every thread for things of importance which may have been missed by others. Sieving through that is not a task I'd dump on someone else, it's very much a "if you won't do it yourself..." case for me.

RaelCleap wrote:
Teksura wrote:

You responded to everyone else in IRC at the time.

Then, as Tek suggested, go to forum PM. Sometimes we miss things when everyone's talking at once.

RaelCleap wrote:
That doesn't address the forum posts about it ether in regards to the issue (That cost demon searchers how many weeks of bogus searching?)

You mean this post?
Time from bug being reported to bug being fixed: ~12 hours. I thought that was pretty good time personally. We can't fix bugs we don't know about. We got told it existed. We fixed it. What more can we do?

RaelCleap wrote:
Nevermind, Nuff Said! We are done here. Good Luck, all the best....

Alright! You know where we are if you change your mind.

"Oh, sorry, thought I was in a Vault of Enlightenment, not someone's booze cabinet." -Kharn

Last edited by Shadok on Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
SkullFace
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skull Face
MrLimpet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you choose to stay as your contests always livened things up. As for the search and find nothing streaks there was a bug in stygia and perhaps in breath 4 there will be a better way of preventing streakyness.

I can't speak for the dev team as I am not on it but I'm sure they will consider your application fairly when they have enough to look through.
RaelCleap
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least the RNG in stygia isn't screwing my demons now.

@Skullface: When faced with ignorance, after having multiple conversations, posting ect, yes, I will "Throw my toys out the pram" as you put it. Well, hows that old saying go? You know the one, the about fire, the metaphor about making a situation worse.... Ahhh thats it.

Sorry, I actually gave a S***! I'll just stay in game and ignore the forums. I know when my presence and oppinion are not taken seriously or wanted.

Cheers Mate! Evil or Very Mad
Shadok
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I'm locking this thread up now. I can't see this going anywhere better. Rael if you want this unlocked again, send me a PM. Otherwise, I'll just be closing up shop before a forum war breaks out. Confused

"Oh, sorry, thought I was in a Vault of Enlightenment, not someone's booze cabinet." -Kharn
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Out-of-Character Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: