Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - print screen
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

print screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trying1
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: print screen Reply with quote

Can someone please guide me through how to send a "print screen" of my character MO and of a log of events to someone else via a pm.
Tomppa
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure can do!

... Easiest would likely be to hop onto Irc (click the "chat" option up there) and ask for guidance there.

First question is regarding your operating system, if it's windows:

- Open the page you want to capture
- check that everything you want to capture can be seen at the screen
- check your keyboard. On the upper side of it, there are these "F1, F2, F3..." buttons. The last one is F12. Near or next to it, there's a button called "print screen". Could be shortened to "prt sc" or some other short version.
- Press that Print screen button. If you're on a laptop, you may need to hold down the "FN" button (you can find it on the lower left corner of your keyboard, near or between alt and control). (You know if this is required by checking the print screen button: If the text, prt sc is written in different colour than most other buttons (but in the same colour as the FN button) or if both it and the FN buttons have been boxed in, then you need to press them both).
- Nothing should seem to happen, but in reality, the picture that was on your screen, has been copied.
- Open up Paint (click start menu -> all programs -> Accessories -> Paint).
- Once paint is open, press control (ctrl) in the lower left corner of your keyboard together with the letter "V" OR click the "paste" button on the upper left corner of Paint (or, if really old machine, choose edit -> paste, I think, in the upper left corner)

There should now be a picture of what you wanted, in the paint program. Use "Crop" to trim it a bit. "Save as" with a suitable name to a place where you can find it ("Screenshot", for example, and on your desktop).

Then all you need to do is to pick your favorite image hosting service and upload it there and send a link to the person you want to see the capture.

EDIT: This may differ a bit/alot depending on your operating system, though. In that case, youtubing "print screen in [OS]" should likely guide you easily through it.
(That's from Dracula, by Stoker.)
Trying1
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a bunch! Very Happy just lookig for an image host now. I wish I asked a few weeks ago.
Saint_Jimmy
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Imgur Very Happy That's what I use for all my drawings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: