Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - The games people play
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The games people play
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hungerer
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: The games people play Reply with quote

So, other than NC, what to you spend your time on?

Me, it's pen and paper DND 4th edition, call of Cthulhu, an iPad game called ascension, ticket to ride, and a bunch of board games, including but not limited to Arkham Horror, pandemic, Game of Thrones, Munchkin, Elder Sign, Race for the Galaxy (those last couple are table game rather than board specifically.)

What else we got?
Kharn
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate video games.

I play a bunch of single player shit and TF2/League of Legends with tha br0s, it's the only way of making those bad games fun
EstimatedProphet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwarf Fortress.

Also, other browser based stuff- UD, and sometimes Shartak. I like paper and pencil games, too, but don't have a group right now (or rather, I'm in a different state from my group right now).
GreatCatatonic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Online: Really just NexusClash. Used to play Estiah, might play Estiah 2 when it comes out, but with my new job, I barely have enough time for two characters in NC, despite having five.

Console: I've got an XBOX, but most everything I have for it is solo since I used to travel so much for work. RPGs mostly, but I do love fighting games.

Board games. Well, we can start with these, as it's the majority of my collection:

Hungerer wrote:
ticket to ride

I will ruin you.*

*In 2-player USA

--Great
Masumi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still playing Call of Cthulhu (with occasional excursions into Delta Green). Also a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (and Ladies) campaign, which has its moments. I've recently run a time travel game ('Mirrorshades') and I'm about to inflict a Conan-related game on the Cthulhu bunch.
I have been talked along to a couple of board game sessions recently, but I find them generally not very inspiring. Things like Carcasonne and so on are too abstract for my tastes, and some of the guys who play a bit too competative.
Outside of the real world, I've dabbled recently with Crusader Kings, but otherwise, until StellaVitae makes an appearance this here is the only computer game I am currently interested in.
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently : Urbandead, Dungeon crawl Stone Soup, Battletech (via megamek), Bloodbowl (via fumbbl.com).

Online DnD group has sort of lapsed, but we played DnD, Gamma World and Warhammer FRP.

Table top wargaming group is about 1000km's away, when we manage to find the time to cross paths we play pretty much anything we can get our hands on. (Proxies for the win). Fields of Glory is a favourite, but we tend to hop from system to system messing around with various things.

Vidya wise, I was playing a heap of old dosbox games recently, the Great Naval Battles series mostly, however the unresolved bugs in the games got to depressing. Generally tend towards old school turnbased grand strategy or turn based tactical (including old school RPGs).

On the occasions when I have a computer that can handle them, I'm not adverse to the occasional flight sim. Battle of Britain II was the most recent.

Consoles are purely for racing games. Razz
catvom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've given up on all online games except NC.

Haven't played table top in a few years, due to moving around the world and then from one side of Aus to the other, I haven't had time to find a new group of nerds to hang out with.

Spare time is taken up by PC (RPGs, FPs and Strategey fairly equally) and PS3
Vicdarippa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I like I've missed out on the age of table-top games Sad

Aside from NC, I'm currently playing TF2, Dota 2, and a bit of Skyrim mixed in with iOS games (Hero Academy anyone?)
Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreatCatatonic wrote:
Board games. Well, we can start with these, as it's the majority of my collection:

<snipped pic>

--Great

Nice collection! Mine has more Arkham Horror, more Risk and more Munchkin.

I play much the same games as hungerer since he lives nearby, but with more cars-with-guns videogames.

You are already inside and cannot enter the building again!

You cannot open the door because it is already open.
Kharn
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicdarippa wrote:
Dota 2

So jelly.

No key general.
oblivious

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually Arkham Horror, Settlers of Catan, and Carcassonne. Sometimes Roborally or something different. With people having kids and erratic schedules, there has been a preference for boardgames over rpgs.

If I play a roguelike, it's Dungeon crawl Stone Soup. I played Elona and enjoyed it but found it did not have staying power. I've never tried Dwarf Fortress.

I recently played Katawa Shoujo. It was my first experience with visual novels. I found it a worthwhile experience but would not "play" another.

I'll probably try Skyrim sometime after I upgrade my computer.
Ongewitter
Wikinator
Wikinator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will add Dominion to the list of board games. Well it's actually a card game, but whatever.
I'm waiting for Dwarf Fortress to finally get some work done on it's interface before I try it again. I'll probably be 80 by the time that happens.
So in the meantime, I play Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grad school killed all of my gaming interests dead, except for NC...even Nationstates, though I'm still 'playing' via the Dread Pirate Roberts maneuver. Very Happy

Offline, I still love Heroes of Might and Magic. There's lots of stuff I'd like to get into, but see grad school above.
Excel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some occasional SC2 during the stretches where I forget how bad I am at it, and every now and then I pick back up the pokeymans and play around a bit.

Quote:
I recently played Katawa Shoujo.

Good man.

Last edited by Excel on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Wolvers
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DnD 2nd edition, BattleTech/MechWarrior and Flames of War for the TT gaming. Used to play a bit of Marvel Super Heroes as well.

Online, besides this, Battlefield 2142 and I just started playing Star Trek Online. Also currently waiting for MechWarrior Online to be released.

Other computer games I'm playing, Company of Heroes, Hearts of Iron and the Total War games.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: