Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Reduce Arcane Trail/Channelling Trail Spam
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reduce Arcane Trail/Channelling Trail Spam

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Promoted Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oblivious

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reduce Arcane Trail/Channelling Trail Spam Reply with quote

Quote:
- You attack Enemy with your Hatchet and hit for 8 points of slashing damage. You gain 8 XP. This was enough to kill them! You gain an additional 28 Experience Points! (2012-05-21 xx:xx:xx).
- You loose the projectile. It hits its mark and indigo-blue waves of arcane energy wash through the area as it impacts its target. Your use of this skill affected x characters. (2012-05-21 xx:xx:xx).
- You loose the projectile. It hits its mark and silvery waves of arcane energy wash through the area as it impacts its target. Your use of this skill affected x characters. (2012-05-21 xx:xx:xx).

With my browser width, this takes up the entire message pane. I stumbled across an active today and was killed before I even realized I was being attacked because the Arcane Trail spam flooded my entire message pane.

In addition, I am told by factionmates that having the AoE trigger on every attack also shows up on their message panes, which I imagine must also be annoying. I assume it's similar for non-factionmates. I don't know if they see both AoEs or just the one affecting them.

If AoEs always need to show some spam, then the simplest fix seems to be reducing the size of the message by cutting out the flavour text.
GreatCatatonic

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we also cut the use of "impacts" as a transitive verb? "Hits" or "strikes" would be so much better.

--Great
Caveman
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed this clogging up my message pane too. I only have Arcane Trail currently, I don't know if channeling trail triggers with a seperate message.
Making only the first trigger give a message would improve this, or from the Conduit side, just rolling it into the combat message.
bidigam

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreatCatatonic wrote:
Can we also cut the use of "impacts" as a transitive verb? "Hits" or "strikes" would be so much better.

--Great

Something like: "causes impact" would be better.
Meric

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, its just awesome

Quote:
- Aethersprite healed you. You gain 9 hit points. (2012-05-17 20:37:02).
- Ailokin loosed a projectile that released silvery waves of arcane energy throughout the area as it impacted its target. You were affected and gain the Arcane Trail status effect for 1 ticks. 5 characters were affected. (2012-05-17 20:37:02).
- Sir Laoch attacked Tyler Durden with a Shocking Grasp spell , killing him! (2012-05-17 20:37:02).
- You attack Ape Coughlin with your Umbral Sword and hit for 9 points of cold damage. This attack drained 0 Magic Points from them. His armor soaked 4 points of damage. You gain 9 XP. (2012-05-17 20:37:04).
- (2 times) You attack Ape Coughlin with your Umbral Sword and hit for 9 points of cold damage. This attack drained 3 Magic Points from them. His armor soaked 4 points of damage. You gain 9 XP. (2012-05-17 20:37:07).
- With a sickening tearing of flesh, a Writhing Tentacle bursts from the dead body of Ape Coughlin. (2012-05-17 20:37:07).
- Pinecones attacked Ape Coughlin with a Blade of Light , killing him! (2012-05-17 20:37:07).
- Judgemonster, a Judgemaster, belonging to Valsu, attacked MeatInACan, killing them! (2012-05-17 20:37:11).
- lemonade :D, a Judgemaster, belonging to a bunch of hopping froggies!, attacked Problem, killing them! (2012-05-17 20:37:11).
- a bunch of hopping froggies! has levelled up! (2012-05-17 20:37:15).
- Ailokin loosed a projectile that released silvery waves of arcane energy throughout the area as it impacted its target. You were affected and gain the Arcane Trail status effect for 1 ticks. 5 characters were affected. (2012-05-17 20:37:15).
- You attack Danzig with your Umbral Sword and hit for 11 points of cold damage. This attack drained 1 Magic Points from them. His armor soaked 2 points of damage. You gain 11 XP. (2012-05-17 20:37:16).
- You attack Danzig with your Umbral Sword and hit for 11 points of cold damage. This attack drained 0 Magic Points from them. His armor soaked 2 points of damage. You gain 11 XP. (2012-05-17 20:37:19).
- Wheel of Rexiousness, a Wheel of Righteousness, belonging to Valsu, attacked Dybbuk, killing them! (2012-05-17 20:37:22).
- Valsu empties small motes of light out of a large bottle. (2012-05-17 20:37:31).
- Ailokin loosed a projectile that released silvery waves of arcane energy throughout the area as it impacted its target. You were affected and gain the Arcane Trail status effect for 1 ticks. 5 characters were affected. (2012-05-17 20:37:40).
- lemonade :D, a Judgemaster, belonging to a bunch of hopping froggies!, attacked Writhing Tentacle, killing them! (2012-05-17 20:37:41).
- Ailokin loosed a projectile that released silvery waves of arcane energy throughout the area as it impacted its target. You were affected and gain the Arcane Trail status effect for 1 ticks. 5 characters were affected. (2012-05-17 20:37:43).
- You attack Minoru Kurita with your Umbral Sword and hit for 19 points of cold damage. This was a critical hit! This attack drained 0 Magic Points from them. You gain 8 XP. (2012-05-17 20:37:45).
- You attack Minoru Kurita with your Umbral Sword and hit for 13 points of cold damage. This attack drained 3 Magic Points from them. You gain 6 XP. (2012-05-17 20:37:47).
- Ailokin loosed a projectile that released silvery waves of arcane energy throughout the area as it impacted its target. You were affected and gain the Arcane Trail status effect for 1 ticks. 5 characters were affected. (2012-05-17 20:37:49).
- You attack Minoru Kurita with your Umbral Sword and hit for 13 points of cold damage. This attack drained 1 Magic Points from them. You gain 6 XP. (2012-05-17 20:37:50).

BobGeneric
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Promote.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Promoted Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: