Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Steampunk aka Nexus Brawl aka jeez this needs a proper name
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Steampunk aka Nexus Brawl aka jeez this needs a proper name
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xensyria
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There doesn't seem to be an upper limit on HP, so I've managed to use those marital arts to heal one character up to 500, creating new characters every time the old one runs out of AP. They also go into negative XP while doing the healing...

Oh and let me know when you're bothered by the zerging... I've been respawning repeatedly with one character to see how much XP the other one can get. Unlimited new characters were also useful to find out approximate search rates. :3
Rincewind
So much universe and so little time

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not entirely sure what to do with Brawl now NC is back. Any thoughts?

I have updated the character selection page, along with some behind the scenes navigation stuff. Please let me know if these cause issues for anyone (known: character selection is a bit broken looking for IE8 and some versions of the Android stock browser).

Enjoy the gloriousness:

JackTheRipper
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice update.
Kylinn
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opponents seem unkillable? I just respawned one of my toons and attacked another character. So far I've done enough damage to kill him about 3x over and he's still there. I've gotten the XP properly, but - this guy won't die!

edit - It's only Gangari that won't die. Magesilver died fine. Smile
Rincewind

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xensyria wrote:
There doesn't seem to be an upper limit on HP, so I've managed to use those marital arts to heal one character up to 500

Kylinn wrote:
Opponents seem unkillable?

Wink

He has 648 HP
Kylinn
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rincewind wrote:
He has 648 HP

!!!
xensyria
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the lack of character delete on the pretty new selection page means I can only heal him very slowly now... he was taking about 1000 a day, so I doubt he'll survive for long.

Kudos to the first one to kill him well, the first in a few days.

Rincewind wrote:
I'd be really intrigued to see more of the Steampunk Imperium world, and the ideas mentioned in the github readme, unless that's more of a long-term project?
Rincewind

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xensyria wrote:
And the lack of character delete on the pretty new selection page means I can only heal him very slowly now... he was taking about 1000 a day, so I doubt he'll survive for long.

Kudos to the first one to kill him well, the first in a few days.

The hand of fate could always do some... hand-outs Wink

xensyria wrote:
Rincewind wrote:
I'd be really intrigued to see more of the Steampunk Imperium world, and the ideas mentioned in the github readme, unless that's more of a long-term project?

Well, it sat there with not much happening for 5-6 months, what's your definition of long term? Laughing

If enough people are interested in the ideas discussed on Github I am happy to spend more time working towards them. It is just me though, and now I'm also on the NC dev team I don't have masses of time (not that I had masses of time before Razz).

I guess I'll continue with the current plan of rewrite what I have in Ruby until that catches up to the PHP version and then decide where to go and what to do from there.
After having a chat with the developer of a particularly large browser game, I came to the realisation that PHP (what Brawl/Steampunk is using) is a horrible language to use and I should move to something else now before it becomes a problem.
xensyria
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2014-08-11 02:56:52 Idi Amin attacked you with their Fists and hit, dealing 4 Punching damage
2014-08-11 02:56:52 You have died Sad
King of Scotland, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas, and now this! Laughing

Rincewind wrote:
Well, it sat there with not much happening for 5-6 months, what's your definition of long term? Laughing

If enough people are interested in the ideas discussed on Github I am happy to spend more time working towards them. It is just me though, and now I'm also on the NC dev team I don't have masses of time (not that I had masses of time before Razz).

I guess I'll continue with the current plan of rewrite what I have in Ruby until that catches up to the PHP version and then decide where to go and what to do from there.
After having a chat with the developer of a particularly large browser game, I came to the realisation that PHP (what Brawl/Steampunk is using) is a horrible language to use and I should move to something else now before it becomes a problem.
I don't want to say anything that could possibly slow development on the next breath, Wink but it sounds good, I'll definitely keep an eye out.
D-Rock

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PUNCHMASTER! is now lost and after wandering the same four squares he wonders when he'll find more people to punch.

When will punch o'clock strike for the PUNCHMASTER!?
bidigam

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like your game so far. Anywhere I can get clues as to how explore beyond the brick walls?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: