Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - And this is why this game is going down
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

And this is why this game is going down

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> The Junkyard
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BinahD
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: And this is why this game is going down Reply with quote

Quote:
- Clint whispered to you, saying "What the fuck dick hole? You killed my fucking pets. What is your fucking problem, besides being retarded?" (2014-12-07 18:46:29).

- You whisper, "The ghouls I had were marked as not being from this faction for some reason. Blame the game code not me, that's why I had to despawn my own pets. A little respect won't hurt you either while talking. This game is going down for people like you. And by the way, your pets are hella weak, update them if you wanna do something in life." to Clint. (2014-12-07 18:56:37).

I truly wonder how many people actually keep playing Nexus Clash. I've had big debates over whether to keep in this game given the extensive abuse mods have done in the past, and the current users seem to have alts in all available factions making fair wars a hindrance and become drama pots.

I guess I'll have to follow what Excel did in the past. Nexus Clash is not Nexus War, and I feel discouraged by Bob abandoning this project.
Ravenik

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recommend starting a thread and singling out a specific player.
Rincewind
So much universe and so little time
So much universe and so little time

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have an issue with the actions of a player, please report it to the admin team privately. We're happy to deal with these kinds of issues, but the public forums are not the appropriate place.

The appropriate method to report this is to send a private message to a member of the development team (me, Teksura, Xirvi, Shadok, etc), not to post here about it and include a swipe at the moderation team.

There is still an active development team, as you may notice if you read the changelogs in the Announcements forum. Bob might not be playing a significant role in continued development, but that doesn't mean that the game is abandoned.
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is also a very bad idea to attempt to slander the admin team with the same old propaganda which was debunked ages ago.

Look at it this way, if you choose to present yourself as someone who is more interested in dramatic personal attacks rather than actual facts and following proper procedures, you're going to be treated as such.
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on guys, it's good practice to at least point out that the perpetrator of in-game abuse was in the wrong, unless you want to imply the rules discouraging drama are more important than those against verbally abusing players.
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xensyria wrote:
Come on guys, it's good practice to at least point out that the perpetrator of in-game abuse was in the wrong, unless you want to imply the rules discouraging drama are more important than those against verbally abusing players.

How can we comment? We've been given no information on the matter and no means to investigate it. It is not "good practice" to jump to conclusions based on limited information which goes outside of the established procedures of reporting incidents. If BinahD has any interest in us looking into the exchange between Clint and him, he knows what he has to do. But as long as he choses not to do so, we're forced to assume that what happened didn't bother him enough for any intervention to be necessary.

Additionally, it's against our policy to publically discuss what we do when intervention is requested unless someone involved starts spreading inaccurate or misleading information about it.

If you're demanding that we condemn cussing someone out in-game: We already have, see Rule #1.
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, we cannot make a fair judgement. We have no evidence besides what's been posted in the first page and I've seen how such a line could be easily taken out of context. As far as we know, Clint could have been entirely justified, simply venting frustration after being pushed too far. Or he could just be acting needlessly cruel and attacking BinahD. All we know right now is that BinahD has chosen to make a public thread rather than contact us with information so we can make a fair judgement on this matter. All we need is a PM containing the IDs of all characters involved and a statement of what's happened as BinahD sees it. We've not received this PM and thus cannot even investigate what's going on.

"Oh, sorry, thought I was in a Vault of Enlightenment, not someone's booze cabinet." -Kharn
Xirvi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discussing Warnings Bans Accuations & Admin Intervention wrote:
If you believe that someone else is cheating, exploiting bugs, harassing another user, or anything else that you feel deserves admin intervention please make sure to follow these simple steps:

1: Gather as much information as you have. This includes logs, links to character profiles, screenshots, anything you can get.

2: PM all of that to an Admin. Either Shadok or myself would be a good choice for this.

3: Let us take care of it from there.

From that point, we will look into things. We may talk to more people if we feel it is necessary. We should give some sort of response explaining what we've determined. Once we've made that decision, it's over. If something new happens, send us a new PM about it. It's good to remind us that something similar happened before, but there is no need to mention any specifics of the older stuff. We have everything recorded in the mod forums, and will reference that ourselves.

DO NOT post about it on the forums.
  • This is very important because if you do so, we will assume you ignored the proper procedures for the sake of the drama that would be created as a result. We will lock your thread and not take your accusation seriously until you follow the proper procedure. We require that this be done through PM because frivolous accusations repeated ad nauseam have previously been used as a means to harass other users.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> The Junkyard All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: