Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - [Script] Conglomerated Library
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Script] Conglomerated Library
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Out-of-Character Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AuXAuV

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject: [Script] Conglomerated Library Reply with quote

Edit 2018-10-31: The permanent address for the latest version of the script will always be the github address.
Use this address: https://github.com/AnneTrue/libConglomerate/raw/master/libconglomerate.user.js
The Dropbox link is now deprecated.

Credit given as due--along with apologies--to everyone who posted scripts on the wiki.
Their code served as inspiration, and formed the bulk of the conglomerate: Caveman, ChesterKatz, Kandarin, kiwimage.

The script source is now hosted on github: https://github.com/AnneTrue/libConglomerate

As an explanation:
Nexus Clash has a static interface. Scripts help that.
This script is made for any player and any character.
Rather than running a dozen individual user scripts--with conflicts between them and no choice in features--this rolls all the scripts into one modular glob.
When using libConglomerate, each individual character you have can choose which features they wish to have enabled.
There are a few global-only settings, such as the stylised message history.
To reiterate: You must enable which options you want for each character you control. If you do not see the options underneath the pad, then something is wrong.
Begin troubleshooting on your own, or get in touch.
All the features are designed to improve the interface quality and reduce pointless actions.
The alchemy interface in particular is the most prominent for this, which is a massively upgraded version of the one by ChesterKatz.
If you have ever spent more than a minute brewing potions, you will love this feature.

No actions are automated and they never will be. A player must initiate any game actions. This script is based around improving the quality-of-life of the interface.

Please note that this conglomerate conflicts with nearly every script on the wiki, as they perform the same functions. Notable exceptions include the Status Screen Hilighter, which are not featured in the conglomerate.

The recommended browser setup is either Firefox using Grease Monkey, or Chrome using Tamper Monkey.
These receive automatic updates from the github repo.
Internet Exploder has never and will never be supported.
All other browsers are untested and unknown, please report any issues on Github.
Known Bug: Doors cannot be repaired/lock picked when there are people present. I believe this is due to a DOM element lost when recreating the page, as the buttons do not use regular html forms.
To work around it, disable the "Sort Characters" module, reload the page, perform the action, and re-enable when you see fit.

Technical Features List:
The full list is located on the Github page, or at this address: README.md

If you are interested in the code feel free to glance it over.
If you have questions, feel free to ask.
If you have any advice, definitely share it.

Thanks to everyone who has helped test the script and offered inspiration.
Special thanks again to the four people whom laid the basis for the script.

Last edited by AuXAuV on Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:43 pm; edited 21 times in total
oath2order

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The confirmations for dropping items, revoking SHs, and the speech default are the my faves on this thank you
AuXAuV

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New breath? Script has been updated.

Added one feature: Sort Neutrals as Allies
Fixed one bug related to the new titlebar.
Removed references to double-barrelled shotguns.
Removed Readable Infusion, though depending on leyline interfacing this may return in a different form.
Removed Karma-related functions of Faction Census.
Connors
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update! Pesky 0 weight items can be hidden once again!
AuXAuV

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another update:
Reworked Inventory Hide Items: Button is now at the top of the inventory, and hidden state is remembered between page loads. For all your newspaper reading joy!
Fixed cases of Rotting/Infectious Zombies not being marked as pet attacks.
Removed lingering traces of infusion-related modules.
Added hover text to Alchemy `Brew' buttons.
Added hover text to Alchemy `s' and `f' buttons to indicate where the component is being taken from.

The Alchemy Interface seems to be working fine with the new breath.
AuXAuV

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

Added new option: Safety - Repair Button
Added new option: Save Form - Repair Item
Added skill crafts (portable toolkits, surgeon's kits, lockpicks, etc.) to Safety - Craft Button
Reworked Save Form to recall forms based on Value rather than selectedIndex. This fixes bugs involving drop-down orders changing, and allows for more modular options.

Reworked Safety Buttons to be more modular. As a result "Learn" buttons for gems have now become "L" buttons.
Changed "Remember Charge" to Save Forms. All characters will need to re-enable this setting.
Reworked Save Forms to be more modular. Now all options run through the same function. It is now arbitrary to add new options for any select element.

Not extensively bug-tested. If something is not working right, let me know.
MerlintheTuna

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, thank you so much for doing this - it's tremendously helpful.

I've just started using the Alchemy interface, and I have a request. Could you make the component highlighting (based on inventory, safe, and footlocker availability) toggled? The rarity color-coding (which I appreciate) and highlighting together is kind of overwhelming, especially since I'm not actually brewing much of anything during the long stretch of building up (and possibly replacing) recipes.
saulres
So Very Sorry
So Very Sorry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started using it as well, and I'm finding it amazing. Thank you!

A couple of other things about alchemy:

1) What does "saved" mean?

2) The rarity in the application and the rarity on the wiki seem at odds. For example, I'm a Sorcerer. According to the wiki, a Gold Ingot should be Rare for me. But the application highlights Gold Ingots in the faction safe as Uncommon.
MerlintheTuna

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Saved" refers to an old bug/feature wherein the last component in a recipe is not consumed. (I didn't notice this until this morning, but apparently it's been around since 2012)

http://www.nexusclash.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7511

For the wiki, check the warning on the Alchemical Transmutation page.

Currently, alchemical rarities for all classes the same. The rarity of components matches that of the Sorcerer's list, but with the gold ingot as uncommon
saulres
So Very Sorry
So Very Sorry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. Cool, thanks!
AuXAuV

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MerlintheTuna wrote:
I've just started using the Alchemy interface, and I have a request. Could you make the component highlighting (based on inventory, safe, and footlocker availability) toggled? The rarity color-coding (which I appreciate) and highlighting together is kind of overwhelming, especially since I'm not actually brewing much of anything during the long stretch of building up (and possibly replacing) recipes.
Update - Version 2.9.1:
Added new option: Alchemy - Suppress Component Hilighting
Added more information to Alchemy Help files. Notably added "H: Research and Recipe Quality."
Clarified the Alchemy Help: Saved Components.

Does that do what you wanted?
There should be no bugs with it, but I could not extensively test it. Let me know if any turn up.
saulres
So Very Sorry
So Very Sorry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is Default Pickup supposed to do? I checked it on my guy who throws rocks but he didn't pick them up automagically.
AuXAuV

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saulres wrote:
What is Default Pickup supposed to do? I checked it on my guy who throws rocks but he didn't pick them up automagically.
If there are multiple items to be picked up (such as a pile of rocks and targets) it will select the most likely item to be a weapon to be picked up. For instance, it will select any hatchets as the default item on a page-load to be picked up.
It selects the first hatchet it finds in the list, and if none then the first throwing knife, then the first rock.
You still have to pick it up yourself, but it is faster as you do not need to select it from the drop-down (usually).
I have a number of throwing-weapon users and I also suggest using an access key with the pick-up default to improve your ergonomics:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Access_key
(I use E as my access key, as attacks use A and wards use D and I set forts to use F, keeping them all together on one hand.)
saulres
So Very Sorry
So Very Sorry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool thanks. I might give access keys a shot, but I'm so ingrained in my ways...

A suggestion to help throwing guys? Could you add a highlight if there's a weapon on a square to be picked up? I'm sure I've passed thing I would've picked up if I took the time to look on every tile I cross...
AuXAuV

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saulres wrote:
Cool thanks. I might give access keys a shot, but I'm so ingrained in my ways...

A suggestion to help throwing guys? Could you add a highlight if there's a weapon on a square to be picked up? I'm sure I've passed thing I would've picked up if I took the time to look on every tile I cross...
Certainly. My weekend starts in a few hours, so I will be able to add it then.

Question:
Hilight where? Hilight the pick-up box if it selects a weapon to pick up?
Hilight somewhere near the top of the page? Such as the panetitle headers or character information box?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Out-of-Character Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: