Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - [QoL] Make your alts obvious to your other characters
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[QoL] Make your alts obvious to your other characters

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Promoted Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wozzy
Misinformation Meme Machine

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:30 am    Post subject: [QoL] Make your alts obvious to your other characters Reply with quote

For those of us who are geographically challenged, and lose track of which character is in which library after constantly dying...I'd like my alts to be a bit more obvious amongst the half dozen other characters. It might just be a me problem, since I don't look at names, just the colors of the characters to find my enemies, but making yours alts a color that stands out would be nice so you don't have to worry about zerg flags and such.
saulres
So Very Sorry
So Very Sorry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of like this idea, but I'd expand it further. Especially with the smaller map, I'm constantly checking where all my characters are before doing anything, or immediately after respawning.

I'd rather see some kind of indicator in the map grid showing where my alts are in that grid.
Wozzy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A map rework would be nice, to allow various toggle features such as nearby alts, the direction of the stronghold, or hell, allow faction lieutenants/leaders to set up waypoints for areas of interest (to a limit). Something like that deserves its own thread though.
Kylinn
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both would be good in different way, but making your own alts a distinctive color would indeed be helpful.

(Speaking from the viewpoint of someone just yesterday wondering why healing someone wasn't working. No, it wasn't my alt - but my alt was on the same tile without my realizing it.)
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty straightforward quality of life and is a good idea. Once one has more than three or four characters, we've all tripped over this problem.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Promoted Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: