Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Vesbia the Purified
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vesbia the Purified

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AuXAuV

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject: Vesbia the Purified Reply with quote

Lumen Notti wrote:
Lumen Notti said "You were fools to attack Vesbia. You are thinking too... Well, too much like humans.
Dear Vesbia has her own set of ideals she abides by, and I wonder if any one of us will ever understand them. You attacked, she, as a defender, defended.
She is like a force of nature, one that cannot be reasoned with, nor probably fully understood. And now we are at our most vulnerable."
Perhaps you have heard rumours of Vesbia the Purified.
Perhaps you have even met her.
Have you wondered exactly what Vesbia the Purified has done?
If you seek the who or why of Vesbia, you will have to read between the lines.

Vesbia the Purified: Episodic Tales (pdf, 26k words, 102 pages)

(Thanks to everyone involved! Your emotes are greatly appreciated.
The only comment: There is a surprising amount of hate for Vesbia.
There is an equally surprising amount of kindness towards Vesbia.
Then there is a surprising amount of hate for the player behind Vesbia...)

Last edited by AuXAuV on Fri May 07, 2021 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ravenik

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the read! I really enjoyed it, if a bit repetitive. Just the nature of the main character, so I totally understand.
AuXAuV

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original pdf is visible to the public again.
It's always bittersweet to revisit how many interesting people interacted with Vesbia in the past.

Vesuvius perseveres. As does the being known as Vesbia:

Quote:
- You attack the ward with your the Might of Vesuvius, a Sledgehammer, dealing 14 points of impact damage. There is a shimmer of light as the ward wavers, then dissipates. (2021-05-08 02:22:43).
- You step inside The Train Wreck. (2021-05-08 02:23:00).

- Vesbia the Purified lurches into the bar, grinding and creaking like an old machine.
- Vesbia the Purified stumbles to a halt with a particularly loud whine.
- Vesbia the Purified hefts her sledgehammer singlehandedly and stares dead ahead.

- Nether Hound, belonging to Arikita, was killed by a defensive aura projected by Vesbia the Purified! (2021-05-08 02:23:44).

- Vesbia the Purified said, "Once there was. A grass seedling. Frail and jubilant in its youth. Yearning for the sun. It reached and reached and bent itself to the task. It found the light as it curved upward." (2021-05-08 02:24:06).
- Vesbia the Purified said, "It drank by night. Basked by daylight. Soon it grew to be a sight. Sprouting several new leaves."
- Vesbia the Purified said, "The seedling breathed deep in life. It knew only rain. Wind. And solid ground. We should all tremble. To know such truths ourselves."
- Vesbia the Purified said, "The seedling grew. Not just up. But out, wider. Until it was wide enough to catch the wind. And blow back and forth. Swaying."

- Nether Hound, belonging to Arikita, was killed by a defensive aura projected by Vesbia the Purified! (2021-05-08 02:24:26).
- Nether Hound, belonging to Arikita, was killed by a defensive aura projected by Vesbia the Purified! (2021-05-08 02:24:29).
- Nether Hound, belonging to Arikita, was killed by a defensive aura projected by Vesbia the Purified! (2021-05-08 02:24:31).

- Vesbia the Purified said, "A storm came. The seedling swayed until its frail little root stem snapped off. The stub blackened and the seedling withered. Now it is dead. For want of sun and storm."
- Vesbia the Purified jerkily makes her way forward. "Did you forget me? Think to pass over me? A storm does not care. The quakes did not reason. The fires of Vesuvius consumed all in their path."

- (4 times) You attack Arikita with your the Might of Vesuvius, a Sledgehammer and hit for 18 points of holy damage. Her armor soaked 10 points of damage. 10 points of soak was due to fortifications here. This attack was charged with righteous power! You gain 18 XP. (2021-05-08 02:25:14).
- You attack Arikita with your the Might of Vesuvius, a Sledgehammer and hit for 18 points of holy damage. Her armor soaked 10 points of damage. 10 points of soak was due to fortifications here. This attack was charged with righteous power! You gain 18 XP. This was enough to kill them! You gain an additional 30 Experience Points! (2021-05-08 02:25:17).

- Vesbia the Purified said, "Behold. Vesuvius perseveres. Forever and always. Eternally. Enduring beyond reason."
- Vesbia the Purified said, "I am strong. I am tall. I am a living wall. I'm not frail. I cannot fail. Cracked and crumbling. Peeling and frayed. Still I remain."

- Vesbia the Purified wrote VESUVIUS PERSEVERES, ALWAYS AND FOREVER IN THE HEARTS OF MORTALS AND MONSTERS in white chalk.

- Kyra Redstorm said, "Hey, Ves, normally I don't mind you chilling, but killing my friends is a big no." (2021-05-08 03:29:33).
- Kyra Redstorm attacked you with a Compound Bow and hit for 6 points of impact damage. The cloud of clockwork devices surrounding you assails them! They take 1 points of impact damage! (2021-05-08 03:29:38).
- (2 times) Kyra Redstorm attacked you with a Compound Bow and hit for 17 points of impact damage. This was a critical hit! The cloud of clockwork devices surrounding you assails them! (2021-05-08 03:29:49).
- Kyra Redstorm attacked you with a Compound Bow and hit for 6 points of impact damage. The cloud of clockwork devices surrounding you assails them! This was enough to kill you! (2021-05-08 03:29:57).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Club Jörmungandr All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: