Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - [QOL] Bring the old Raid Events back
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[QOL] Bring the old Raid Events back

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Promoted Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yukari

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:19 pm    Post subject: [QOL] Bring the old Raid Events back Reply with quote

Bring the old Raid Events display from last breath back, the one that displayed the last 10 raid events in a simple text-form manner.

The new one is a pain to wait to cycle through, and it also shows 5 instead of the advertised 10. It is misleading that way, because a person who isn't aware of that will wait to see those 10 events, and probably be confused once they see the 5 events repeating. Or something.
Rincewind
So much universe and so little time
So much universe and so little time

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally prefer the prospect of updating the text to say 5 (or updating the slideshow to show 10), as I feel the new raid ticker makes the homepage look more interesting. Any other opinions from people?
Aidan
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a tentative suggestion since I am not sure I understand the raid ticker completely. Hopefully, it solves the problem with waiting.

1) Add navigation arrows to the sides of the box that can be used to manually change the display to the next one.

2) Fix it so it displays the last 10 raids instead of the last 5.

3) Make "Last ten raid events" a clickable link that brings up one of those pretty widgets (yeah, the ones that black out the background for a bit) containing textual info on the last 10 events.

EDIT: For one, I am thinking of something like Kongregate's front page slider.
Wozzy
Misinformation Meme Machine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the clickable "Last 10 Raid Events," option. Even if it's something like a blank page with a list of 10 events and their times would be fine (and easy to copy-paste).
MerlintheTuna

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I never really understood the purpose of the raid tracker. It being delayed 24 hours means you can't target someone while their raiders are AP'd out (probably intentional?) and gives active raid groups some means to determine whether a faction was recently cleared. (Which may be encouraging or discouraging, depending on the parties involved.) But it's still spotty because you aren't seeing everyone who was cleared recently, you're just seeing a small handful of ward breaks and an even smaller handful of caps over a small window between 24 & 48 hours ago. Even if you don't take Crossroads spam into account, neither version has been terribly useful. In light of that, I'd rather have the current one, since it's at least visually interesting.

That said, I do agree that the scroll is frustratingly slow, so if the info being presented is changed in any way (display the factions with the most flags/most valuable flags currently?) finding some kind of middle ground between the old and new would be ideal.
saulres
So Very Sorry
So Very Sorry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MerlintheTuna wrote:
Honestly, I never really understood the purpose of the raid tracker. It being delayed 24 hours means you can't target someone while their raiders are AP'd out (probably intentional?) and gives active raid groups some means to determine whether a faction was recently cleared.

Also the delay kind of makes the "broke the ward" messages really pointless. It's not like a feral could say "Hey that ward's down, I'm gonna go in!" And does it really matter who got the last blow in on a ward?
Wozzy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's useful for sportsman-like behavior. I wouldn't want to grab sloppy seconds if a faction was raided a day or two ago.
retsamajnin
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new raid ticker looks nice, but I definitely prefer the old one. It was much more convenient being able to just glance and see all the raid events. Having to wait for them to cycle through is not worth it to me. I barely even check it now.
Shadok
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be better to have both? A pretty decorative one to draw the eye of newcomers and a more practical list?

"Oh, sorry, thought I was in a Vault of Enlightenment, not someone's booze cabinet." -Kharn
Xirvi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely prefer the old version as well. Something that took a few seconds last breath shouldn't take so much time this breath. Yes, it looks nice, but looking nice shouldn't sacrifice usability/convenience.

I've also noticed that if you tab out, the raid ticker stops "updating" and just remains blank. So the current version demands your undivided attention for however long it takes to go through a full cycle of raids.
saulres
So Very Sorry
So Very Sorry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadok wrote:
Would it be better to have both? A pretty decorative one to draw the eye of newcomers and a more practical list?

I don't really think newcomers are going to understand what they're seeing there.

If the goal is attracting newcomers, why not scroll the red game-wide messages instead? That shows the variety of things that can be accomplished. (Well, at least it will next breath, when they're not all "got the reading badges"...)
SocialJusticeWarrior

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadok wrote:

Maybe bring back the old list, but add those various icons to the start of each row, as needed.
Repth
Lore Developer
Lore Developer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the subject of icons, I've mentioned showcasing the avatar of the character mentioned in the ticker message in addition to their name. This way your avatar would get on the front page. If you had a stock class avatar that's fine too, it would show up.
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could use some improvements.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Promoted Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: