Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Single-Night Werewolf: The Game Thread: TOWN WINS!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Single-Night Werewolf: The Game Thread: TOWN WINS!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whytemeet
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean B.
Wozzy
Misinformation Meme Machine

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Left WW, Middle Villager.

Let's get the rest of the info out there, so we can make a better informed decision on our vote options.
Pikanchion
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so...

Facts:
- At least one of the following are lying about who is a villager: Wozzy, Aidan, Whytemeet.
And that's it, that's all we (collectively) know.

Who's lying then?
Wozzy: Highly Unlikely; Uncontested Seer
Aidan: Possibly; Didn't immediately claim the role, waited to see what others would say perhaps.
Whytemeet: Slightly less likely than Aidan, still perfectly possible; Claimed immediately, but villager by its very nature is still the safest claim (as there's more than one of them).

In addition we have a robber who hasn't said who they've stolen from, which probably means they can't be sure which team they've stolen into, which would mean they stole from one of myself, Aidan, or Whytemeet.

Aaaand then we get onto whether Lagn is lying, not about their role, but who they switched, saying you've switched the only non-claiming player is a cheap trick to get them to reveal something incriminating before changing your statement. -(but then again there's a 40% chance the troublemaker did pick me, assuming there is a troublemaker, and that they're not me) Who knows.

Finally there's the lucky lone Werewolf situation, if Wozzy were a lone Werewolf and revealed seer the town effectively lost that instant. UNLESS the drunk is both a non-placeholder AND picked werewolf AND gets lynched, but this is... unlikely, and they would have attempted to get Lagn lynched by revealing Troublemaker instead of Villager earlier (as Lagn was the only one who could never be a fellow Werewolf in this case).

In summary:

- Whytemeet: Possibly Villager; Hard to say on an early contested claim.
- Skoffin: Could be anything; Uncontested Robber with undeclared target.
- Wozzy: Seer; Only not if Lagn is lying (they are not a lone Werewolf from above).
- Lagn: Troublemaker; Only not if lone Werewolf who got lucky with the Seer's placeholder choices.
- Aidan: Could be anything; Contested late villager claim AND role swapped with an undisclosed role according to Lagn.
- Pikanchion: Possibly Villager; Role undisclosed AND swapped with a contested claim according to Lagn.

Lagn & Wozzy being entirely truthful simplifies this so let's assume that's the case. Then there was definitely at least a Werewolf or Minion at the start, possibly both (if both Villagers went to placeholder).

Lynching the four of myself, Whytemeet, Aidan, and Skoffin would guarantee a town win, but be incredibly difficult to pull off.

So let's look at specifics:

Case 1: Both the Werewolf and Minion were starting roles: Whytemeet is a Werewolf, Aidan is whatever my role was, I'm Minion, then swap out one of the above with Skoffin.

Town wins if Whytemeet and Skoffin are lynched.

Case 2: Only one of those roles were starting roles: Either Whytemeet was and still is a Werewolf, or Aidan was one of a Werewolf or the Minion, but is now whatever my role was, I'm now what Aidan was, then again switch one of us for Skoffin.

Town wins if all four of us are lynched.

---

With the way voting works in this version it is difficult to even lynch a pair on purpose as the town, and to make matters worse 4/6 of us don't know our current side. Skoffin, who did you role steal?
Wozzy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good analysis Pika. Still, I hope to hear from Skoffin before voting starts
Lagn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much can be done until Skoffin and Pikanchion provide more information. I voted on Whytemeet before the extension, if that helps get conversation going.
Tomppa
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomppa wrote:

We'll continue the game for now. PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS WHAT YOU VOTED; instead, continue as you were.

(That's from Dracula, by Stoker.)
Lagn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomppa wrote:
Tomppa wrote:

We'll continue the game for now. PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS WHAT YOU VOTED; instead, continue as you were.

My bad. I *will* vote for Whytemeet if things keep going the way they do (meaning, no one talks).
Wozzy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone heard from Skoffin recently?
Aidan
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must be stupid, but can one of you please tell me how Wozzy's reveal was useful? I mean, the reveal including both position and role. What exactly did we learn from revealing them both, in contrast to revealing either one?

Sorry, mostly skimmed the thread so far, so maybe one of you have already explained stuff in detail. Will post later when I am less lazy/busy/hazy.
Wozzy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revealing the positions shows Pika what role they would have picked if they were the drunk. It was an attempt to get Pika to play along with us. Of course, if you and Lagn are telling the truth, it doesn't actually matter.

Still waiting on the Skoffinator to reveal their swap.
Tomppa
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pm'D skoffin.
Skoffin
Not Skoffin
Not Skoffin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahoy chaps. I'm sorry for my absence from the game, I've had some RL issues to deal with and have not been paying attention.
I swapped with wozzy so know his role.

As pika said, one of wozzy, aidan or whytemeet is lying as essentially 3 villager roles are accounted for. I know one of them is telling the truth, so one of the other two is scum.

Pika, I really think it's time you claimed and told us your previous alignment. As you were swapped with aidan, if you were scum/minion then aidan is the one going down. I don't think it likely that you happened to be mafia as well as aidan and you both got swapped, that would be some pretty unfortunate luck so I'm sure you two are of different alignment. Is there a reason you haven't revealed it yet?
Tomppa
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. With skoffin back in the game, I'll give you a day more to wrap things up.
Wozzy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Skoffin! Hope everything is going well.
Lagn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wozzy wrote:
Welcome back Skoffin! Hope everything is going well.

Now that you're confirmed with town, would you like to confirm that you were villager, or would you like to change what you claimed?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: