Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Glyphs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Glyphs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Game Mechanics Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Niphy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject: Glyphs Reply with quote

So why cant we attack,target,dispell glyphs of different MO.

I have neutral mo and am unable to dispel glyph against evil??
This needs to be adressed,i mean this was mentioned even last breath.
Kylinn
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is definitely an issue. If Sorcerer X is the only one in the faction / raid team who can dispel Glyphs, they can only dispel Glyphs against Neutral. Which is useless for all those in their faction / team who are Good / Evil.

Or for the helpless bystander watching someone throw a Glyph vs. Good in a library/vault, and being unable to dispel it because they are neutral or even evil, but want the thing gone. (This happened quite a few times last Breath.)
Sac
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, would really like this to be fixed.
Tomppa
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding Glyphs: Do they have that -25% dodge as well, like faction wards do?
(That's from Dracula, by Stoker.)
Yukari

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they don't, since I missed 1 of 15 hits at 80% to hit, though it could have been a critical miss.

Quote:
- (4 times) You attack the glyph with your Saber. The glyph flashes and wavers for a moment under the force of the blow. (2015-11-29 18:02:37).
- (3 times) You attack the glyph with your Saber. The glyph flashes and wavers for a moment under the force of the blow. This attack was suffused with arcane power! (2015-11-29 18:02:43).
- (4 times) You attack the glyph with your Saber. The glyph flashes and wavers for a moment under the force of the blow. (2015-11-29 18:02:53).
- You attack the glyph with your Saber and miss. (2015-11-29 18:02:53).
- You attack the glyph with your Saber. The glyph flashes and wavers for a moment under the force of the blow. (2015-11-29 18:02:53).
- You attack the glyph with your Saber. There is a burst of heat and light from the glyph as it dissipates. (2015-11-29 18:02:58).

Edit:

14/15= 93,3%

Which is closer to 99% than it is to 80%, actually. I'm not good at maths, so I am really not sure if it was a critical miss or I was hitting at 80%.
Kiralio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a statistician but 15 attacks is probably a little small for a sample.
Yukari

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is, which is why I am undecided. I don't have any more glyphs affecting me to try, and probably would be easier if someone that already knows the answer were to say, instead of further testing..?
Weirdomen
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yukari: Librarian can cast glyphs against you if you want to test further. Just let me know.
Yukari

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weirdomen wrote:
Yukari: Librarian can cast glyphs against you if you want to test further. Just let me know.

Awesome, we could test this out later this week after I'm done with exams.
Niphy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this ever going to get fixed???
SocialJusticeWarrior

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kylinn wrote:
This is definitely an issue. If Sorcerer X is the only one in the faction / raid team who can dispel Glyphs, they can only dispel Glyphs against Neutral. Which is useless for all those in their faction / team who are Good / Evil.

This is incorrect. Glyphs affect characters based on their MO, not their class, so similarly a transcended spellcaster with good MO is harmed by, and can attack, glyphs vs. good. I just tested this on 1-800 SPELLGEMS (a Wizard with +40 MO, cast glyphs of pain vs. good and evil, only the pain vs. good glyph caused damage and was attackable).
Dissident

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SocialJusticeWarrior wrote:
Kylinn wrote:

This is incorrect. Glyphs affect characters based on their MO, not their class, so similarly a transcended spellcaster with good MO is harmed by, and can attack, glyphs vs. good. I just tested this on 1-800 SPELLGEMS (a Wizard with +40 MO, cast glyphs of pain vs. good and evil, only the pain vs. good glyph caused damage and was attackable).

This is correct but still poses an issue when you try to glyph against a raid and one of your casual hunters wants to return to your faction of different morality or the same morality as the raiding faction. All you can tell him is well...tough luck, you'll probably die on the porch waiting for the glyph to expire because we can't do anything about it. Ofc there's some ways to go about it but let's not discuss that.

This is bigger trouble when you have a constant glypher in your faction. It means that you should have set your faction to restricted.
Niphy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My issue is raid when i cant dispel glyphs which arent of my MO,which is really stupid.
SocialJusticeWarrior

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niphy wrote:
My issue is raid when i cant dispel glyphs which arent of my MO,which is really stupid.

Why do you feel it is stupid? I think the system as it is works well, if a glyph leaves you alone then you leave the glyph alone. Of course, I suppose I'm also of the mind that all members of a faction should stay in line with each other (save perhaps for Nexus Champions, but no one casts glyphs vs. neutral, so eh).
Dissident wrote:
This is bigger trouble when you have a constant glypher in your faction. It means that you should have set your faction to restricted.

In that case, I think the best way to solve that problem is to ask the guy to stop spamming glyphs. I guess I just don't want to see glyphs nerfed across the board because of a problem that could be more easily solved by better management on the individual and faction level.
GreatCatatonic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SocialJusticeWarrior wrote:
Niphy wrote:

Why do you feel it is stupid? I think the system as it is works well, if a glyph leaves you alone then you leave the glyph alone.

Because he knows the spell Greater Glyph Erasure, not Greater Glyph versus Evil/Good/Neutral Erasure.

If I can erase glyphs, and there's a glyph over there, I don't see why I shouldn't be able to erase it. Plus, it's just silly in a raid situation.

--Great
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Game Mechanics Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: