Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Enchantment question
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Enchantment question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Game Mechanics Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saulres
So Very Sorry
So Very Sorry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject: Enchantment question Reply with quote

I have an enchanter. How do I see what enchantments are already on an item?
Aidan
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Enchantment question Reply with quote

saulres wrote:
I have an enchanter. How do I see what enchantments are already on an item?

You can't, unfortunately. I've tried a million different things to no avail. The only things you can figure out are:

1) The number of enchantments already on the item from the Enchant Item submenu. You can't see that in the safe or footlocker, though.

2) The type of the most recent enchantment by hitting your factional ward (with the +40% over base, you can usually hit it in a couple of attempts. No such luck with heavy weapons).

It's really tough telling enchanted weapons apart, thus more-or-less necessitating named weaponry if you have to do a lot of simultaneous enchanting.

EDIT: Or you could designate days of the week for different types of enchantments. So only Acid on Sunday, Fire on Monday, etc. etc.
saulres
So Very Sorry
So Very Sorry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit. Okay, thanks. Fortunately I haven't done so many yet for myself that I can't keep track of them in my notepad.

For people I enchant for, it's on them to remember Razz
Aidan
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saulres wrote:
Dammit. Okay, thanks. Fortunately I haven't done so many yet for myself that I can't keep track of them in my notepad.

For people I enchant for, it's on them to remember Razz

What I mean is this scenario:

1) Shooty McAcid, your factionmate, hands you an SMG with 5 acid enchants, asking you to top it up. A reasonable request and one good for you too since topping up is usually better for XP.

2) Simultaneously, Shooty McDeath, another factionmate, hands you there SMG with 5 death enchantments, asking you to top that up too. Again, great factionmates you've got there!

3) You begin to enchant, when voila, you have no idea which is the SMG with acid, and which contains death! Very Happy

The SMG situation is trivially resolved (if annoyingly) by reloading one of them, firing at random till you hit for 11 points of Acid damage (the SMG without bullets must then be the death SMG). Stuff like Tarnished Swords can make it much harder to figure out, what with their low base to-hit rates.

Nothing gamebreakingly bad, but you will waste some extra AP. Razz
saulres
So Very Sorry
So Very Sorry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had two factionmates handing me things at the same time I'd be thrilled. Right now it's just one, and so I'm enchanting my own clothes Razz

And I can't fire weapons to test what they do; I'm a pacifist Embarassed
kiwimage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm have a greasemonkey script that stores a per item record of past enchant attempts.

When able to enchant then mouse over item in inventory or enchant dropdown shows the last 10 enchant attempts.

So if I put acid enchant on an item. I can see afterwards that I did that. Trading the item doesn't change the item code so people can give back items and you can see what enchants you attempted.

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/12653-nexus-clash-enchanting-aid

It's basically in alpha in that I got the bare minimum to work and then stopped. It's on the todo list. I might make it better.

Current Caveats.
It doesn't test for failure. ie not enough ap/mp. So more precisely it stores the last 10 enchant attempts for an item code.

Only does something when enchanting is possible. So outside of alchemy sites it does nothing.

It has no idea about enchants someone else has put on an item.

It cant' do anything about item stacking.

Might be wildly incompatible with the AuxAuv's combined script. I dunno.

For those like me who use more than 1 pc to play. Sad It's per browser profile. so each pc stores only the attempts done on that pc. Supposedly technically there is a way to sync stored values over many Firefoxs. I couldn't get that to work.
Weirdomen
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never had an enchanter. Is this lack of information on enchantments coded "by design"?
Rincewind
So much universe and so little time
So much universe and so little time

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe its more a case of "it never got added in", rather than by design. Sense Magic probably ought to tell you what enchantments are on an item.
saulres
So Very Sorry
So Very Sorry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rincewind wrote:
Sense Magic probably ought to tell you what enchantments are on an item.

If coded for B4 if could be synergy ability. Sense Magic and Enchant Item required. That would nicely simulate the dumb barbarian saying "Sword glow. Why?" and handing it to the party wizard for identification Very Happy
Sac
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any great solution for this that hasn't already been mentioned but I'd like to add how annoying this is.

At the moment the best way around it is to spend credits to rename the item. Other than that if they're your own weapons you can track the item ID (get it from mousing over the "drop" button) and enchant type in you notepad, but this still doesn't help you choose the right one when you want to use them.
Kylinn
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rincewind wrote:
I believe its more a case of "it never got added in", rather than by design. Sense Magic probably ought to tell you what enchantments are on an item.

It would be nice if it did. It is very frustrating being an enchanter and not being able to see what something is enchanted with.

And the synergy idea is great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Game Mechanics Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: