Nexus Clash

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Pokemon Mafia Game Thread - Teksura (Serial Killer) Wins
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

Pokemon Mafia Game Thread - Teksura (Serial Killer) Wins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73, 74  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Other Games
View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
BlackHeartKabal
Active Member
Active Member

Joined: Jul 28, 2015

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teksura wrote:

No. No. We are not going through that again. Good grief, I swear if we do this again I'm going to lose it. I'm tired of dealing with that. Hell, even EagleWiz- a mafia fully devoted to finding any possible excuse to push my lynch -had to admit the SK idea was nonsense. He had to switch to accusing me of being a multi-killing mafia after the SK idea went up in smoke. Rolling Eyes

And I think that has been throughly dis-proven by now, too.

Considering you've fakeclaimed this exact same role before, I can see why people would think you're lying, but just drop it, because this lead is getting nowhere.
_________________
Back to top
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

Joined: Dec 17, 2009

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly do you mean when you say I've "fakeclaimed this exact role before"? Rokk has confirmed what I do. Do you doubt Rokk on that?

And I disagree with your premise that "this lead is getting nowhere". Where it gets us is a town auto-win situation. This is how I won Metal Gear Solid mafia all those years ago on the NW forums. We had the numbers and the available kills to mow through every unverified in the game.

Christ. I can't believe we're doing this again.

Look at it from this point of view:

Suppose Rokk lied. Suppose Rokk isn't really a ditto, but merely got a read on my role and how my powers worked. Suppose Rokk has simply been pretending this whole time. It is a theory which is not impossible, Rokk hasn't yet proven the death immunity nor has she proven the nightkill. She's gotten neither of them to do anything, unless she actually killed Skoffin and lied about it. Suppose it's all just a hoax. The question becomes, why isn't this supposition brought up alongside similar "what if"s?

The reason why we do not bring that up is because it is outlandish. Insane. Unlikely. Everyone here has collectively rejected the very idea that Rokk might be scum. So even though there exists a scenario where Rokk could be the last mafia, we all reject that idea. Not a single one of us has uttered a thought that Rokk might be mafia because the scenario would be far too unlikely. This is why we do not talk about the possibility that it might be Rokk. We extend the benefit of plausibility to Rokk and collectedly accept Rokk as almost certainly a townie. We do this even though there is a slim possibility that, well, maybe that is not the case. In mafia games, you can never be 100% certain about anything. But we take an uncertain, and often treat it as a certain anyway, purely on the basis that the opposite is extremely unlikely. We do this all the time because otherwise, we would never be able to proceed with anything.

Now, put yourself in my shoes.
  • You have an ability scum should never be allowed to have, the ability to survive a lynch. You have proven this on day 1.
    > A lynch-proof scum is simply horrendous game design. The lynch is the town's primary means of dealing with a scum, and any ability designed to prevent that just screws the town for no good reason. It's not fair.
    > And yet, there is still the supposition that maybe you are scum in spite of this. And you've has to fight this all freaking game.
  • You can only kill every other night, in a predictable pattern.
    > A SK would need to kill every night in order to have a chance. Alone and up against literally everyone else, nerfing their ability to kill is a massive handicap that would require the game be even longer and more drawn out than normal for a SK win. Longer and more drawn out games are bad for scum.
    > If the mafia were designed to have some sort of "taking turns" format where every mafia is compelled to kill on per-designated nights, that would be an even bigger hit to the mafia's abilities since any loss to their numbers would lead to a loss in their ability to diminish the town's numbers back. But this would also conflict with the fact that Lagn got "no moves used" from EagleWiz. Obviously EagleWiz wasn't compelled to do anything at all, instead choosing inaction so that he'd have nothing at all to explain and we'd not have any mysterious unaccounted actions floating around to pin on him. A cunning strategy, now that I think about it.
  • You had 1 mafia attempt to shut down your death immunity on night 1, and another mafia go after you desperately trying to push your lynch on MYLO. Further, one of your kills occurred on the same night as the mafia murdered Skoffin.
    > It should be pretty obvious that you are not mafia.
  • This game has 12 people in it, and 3 mafia.
    >We've accepted that the detrimental handicap of lacking communication abilities would make a 2 mafia team horribly unreasonable. We accept this not truely knowing the full extent of what powers the mafia actually have.
    >> What makes a 2 mafia team horribly unreasonable even without knowing their powers, but a lone scum perfectly fine? Shouldn't a lone SK have an even harder time at it? Unlike mafia or other third parties like arsonist, a SK simply loses outright after 1 fatal error. There is no further hope. It is a difficult role at the best of times because you are on your own. This setup would be far from the best of times.

Surely you'd be frustrated when you are denied the benefit of plausibility, wouldn't you? A SK in this setup doesn't make any sense. Me as a mafia doesn't make sense. I've spent the entire freaking game explaining this and demonstrating the theory to be nonsense. I am tired of seeing it thrown at me again and again. You all know who I am. You all know what I'm like. You know I can't just walk away from something I perceive as dumb without calling it out as dumb and yes that makes me easy as hell to bait in these games. And if you somehow haven't picked that up about me yet then ask anyone who knows me. But you know what? All Rokk has to do is claim and she gets the benefit of plausibility. What the hell more do I have to do to get the benefit of plausibility because this is getting dumb. Frankly, the unlikely idea of Rokk lying about being a ditto should be viewed as more likely than Tek being scum at this point. So please, pardon me if I'm frustrated.

Look. I'm lynch immune today. We all accept that. This has nothing to do with suspicions. We can all accept that I'm not saying this to try and get out of a lynch. I bring it up because if we can just follow our common sense, we have the capacity to take out all 3 possible candidates for the 3rd mafia partner. Once that happens, it's GG, town wins. We have the means to end this, we should take it.

I mean, what is the alternative, anyway? We will have 3 nightkills flying around tonight. 2 from our vig pair and 1 from the last mafia. We can either have 3 shots in the town's control, or we can have 2 shots in the towns control. Like it or not this will be the last night of the game and most likely we won't even have a day phase to follow, either.
_________________
Back to top
BlackHeartKabal
Active Member
Active Member

Joined: Jul 28, 2015

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teksura wrote:
> [...]

Look. I'm lynch immune today. We all accept that. This has nothing to do with suspicions. We can all accept that I'm not saying this to try and get out of a lynch. I bring it up because if we can just follow our common sense, we have the capacity to take out all 3 possible candidates for the 3rd mafia partner. Once that happens, it's GG, town wins. We have the means to end this, we should take it.

I mean, what is the alternative, anyway? We will have 3 nightkills flying around tonight. 2 from our vig pair and 1 from the last mafia. We can either have 3 shots in the town's control, or we can have 2 shots in the towns control. Like it or not this will be the last night of the game and most likely we won't even have a day phase to follow, either.

I'm not mafia and i've given my reason for not blocking EagleWiz, which I admit was a bad idea. But your theory is completely wrong. I can't think of a role or game that has had a maf suicide bomber be able to take out more than one person. I can't think of a role or game where a maf role could kill a person after being lynched. It's just as stupid as giving mafia lynch immunity.

You've fakeclaimed it before and you were actually a Jester, but I don't doubt Rokk on what you do. I've verified myself as town's roleblocker. Why would I claim so early? And I realized EagleWiz could do what he did AFTER I didn't roleblock him. If I were mafia, I could have easily said someone interefered with it or made up something, but i'm town, and therefore have no reason to lie. So you and Rokk are Aegislash, you're clear. Whyte is our investigative from what you've said, he's clear. I'm our roleblocker and Lagn, if by some fluke he is what he's claimed and has had awful luck this entire game, is either clear or the mafia roleblocker. We've confirmed there are two roleblockers, so if I'm the mafia roleblocker, who's the town roleblocker, and why haven't they claimed?
_________________
Back to top
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

Joined: Dec 17, 2009

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackHeartKabal wrote:
I'm not mafia and i've given my reason for not blocking EagleWiz, which I admit was a bad idea. But your theory is completely wrong. I can't think of a role or game that has had a maf suicide bomber be able to take out more than one person. I can't think of a role or game where a maf role could kill a person after being lynched. It's just as stupid as giving mafia lynch immunity.

All of those ideas were raised by more than just myself yesterday as we tried to guess what Self-Destruct would do in the hands of a mafia. Calling all supposition on what EagleWiz's self-destruct power could do "my theory" would be an incorrect description. Those theories were gathered and considered by the town. We were correctly certain that EagleWiz was mafia and should be blocked at night. I fail to see how you can say not blocking him was "a mistake" at the same time you say that I was "completely wrong" to want him blocked. I fail to see how objecting to mere speculation on the details has any point at all. Who cares what speculation we came up with on self-destruct? We had concerns. They can't all have been correct, but I do not see the logic in saying it was "completely wrong" to ensure those concerns were addressed.

BlackHeartKabal wrote:
You've fakeclaimed it before and you were actually a Jester, but I don't doubt Rokk on what you do.

But... You were here on day 1. You know I didn't win when lynched. You know that's not the case.

BlackHeartKabal wrote:
I've verified myself as town's roleblocker. Why would I claim so early? And I realized EagleWiz could do what he did AFTER I didn't roleblock him. If I were mafia, I could have easily said someone interefered with it or made up something, but i'm town, and therefore have no reason to lie.

Actually, you were pretty specific before when you declared your move had the highest priority after protective moves. If you had claimed to have failed, that would have been brought up.

BlackHeartKabal wrote:
So you and Rokk are Aegislash, you're clear.

Here is where you lost me.

If you accept that Rokk and myself are clear, why the heck do you object to a plan where the town can only lose if either Rokk or myself are mafia?

BlackHeartKabal wrote:
Whyte is our investigative from what you've said, he's clear.

He is at the bottom of my suspect list. Rokk doesn't even make the list.

BlackHeartKabal wrote:
I'm our roleblocker and Lagn, if by some fluke he is what he's claimed and has had awful luck this entire game, is either clear or the mafia roleblocker. We've confirmed there are two roleblockers, so if I'm the mafia roleblocker, who's the town roleblocker, and why haven't they claimed?

First, EagleWiz had a roleblock. Let's not forget that.

Second, your supposition that the town must have a roleblocker of its own is based on... what, exactly? I do not recall reading anything in the rules which states the town has copies of everything the mafia has.

I do not understand your objection. You state that you believe that Rokk and myself are clear. That alone should have you supporting this plan since even if the mafia takes one of us down in the night, the other remains and wins for the town.

You state that you believe Whyte is clear. Ok.

You list Lagn as either also being clear (do you mean town?) or another mafia roleblocker. Ok... So... You suppose Lagn is going to roleblock whoever shoots him at night? I don't like having to guess your concerns for you. Why don't you share them yourself? Give me something specific on why you think my plan will fail. Please.

I do not understand how you listed everyone as "clear" save for Lagn, whom you also stated might be "clear". I assume you're using the word clear where you should be using town. We can't all be town, someone has to be the last mafia. What is the problem with taking out all but the 2 least likely candidates? The only roles that would be screwed by this would be those which need to survive in order to win. For example: The last mafia, or a survivor third party role.
_________________
Back to top
BlackHeartKabal
Active Member
Active Member

Joined: Jul 28, 2015

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackHeartKabal wrote:
[...]

Alright, I was thinking of something completely different, sorry.

Now, that I look a everything again,

Vote: Lagn
Lagn is a mafia who can steal moves, apparently. He's acting as the mafia team's roleblocker using a copied Nuzzle. If Lagn isn't mafia, it's Whyte.
GG.
_________________
Back to top
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

Joined: Dec 17, 2009

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, BHK. Let me get some clarity here.

In my initial proposal, I suggested the following:

* Lynch BHK on the grounds that BHK has a roleblock and can mess with the plan.
* Rokk and myself shoot Whyte and Lagn at night. A less likely mafia Whyte would be forced to protect again, rather than attack. This would buy the town another day to lynch Whyte.
* In doing so, town has the ability to go through all but the 2 least likely candidates for mafia. A firm safety net, in case we're wrong about someone.

Am I correct in my understanding that your issue with this is that you believe Lagn has lied about failure to copy moves, and has successfully copied your roleblock at some point in the game? You therefore believe that Lagn poses a similar problem as the one I attributed to you, as they would be able to roleblock their own attacker. Is this correct?
_________________
Back to top
BlackHeartKabal
Active Member
Active Member

Joined: Jul 28, 2015

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teksura wrote:
Ok, BHK. Let me get some clarity here.

In my initial proposal, I suggested the following:

* Lynch BHK on the grounds that BHK has a roleblock and can mess with the plan.
* Rokk and myself shoot Whyte and Lagn at night. A less likely mafia Whyte would be forced to protect again, rather than attack. This would buy the town another day to lynch Whyte.
* In doing so, town has the ability to go through all but the 2 least likely candidates for mafia. A firm safety net, in case we're wrong about someone.

Am I correct in my understanding that your issue with this is that you believe Lagn has lied about failure to copy moves, and has successfully copied your roleblock at some point in the game? You therefore believe that Lagn poses a similar problem as the one I attributed to you, as they would be able to roleblock their own attacker. Is this correct?

Yes, exactly. He has no reason to be truthful about copying moves, and Whyte likely isn't a roleblocker, You and Rokk certainly aren't. If Lagn somehow isn't mafia, I'll roleblock Whyte the last night.
_________________
Back to top
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

Joined: Dec 17, 2009

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warning: Long rambling post as I write out my ENTIRE thought process. I couldn't be bothered to clean it up after it took an unexpected turn. Normally you get the short version. Stop looking at me like that, you heard me. Just don't ask me about the long versions, for all our sakes.

Ok. Let's suppose that theory is correct, for arguments sake because now I'm curious enough to go into theory-craft mode.

We have 2 vigs, a town roleblocker, a mafia roleblocker and uhhh, Whyte.

*****

Suppose we lynch the town roleblocker today. Hypothetically, how bad does this go if the mafia roleblocker can act at night?

****

Ok, lynching the town roleblocker... Suppose the other vig shot goes through on Whyte, but the one which would hit the mafia is blocked...

***

This... comes down to a question of if the mafia can nightkill and also use a move. This comes to a question where we must ask if we think the mafia nightkill is, in fact, a move. If it is not, then the town surely loses in your scenario should we lynch incorrectly today. If it is a move, then the new day starts looking like that, with myself, Rokk, and the last remaining mafia.

Following this train of thought, we need to consider what could have killed EagleWiz and Aidan in the same night.

One idea was raised at one point that Aidan used helping hand and copied the mafia nightkill, then used it on EagleWiz. This would suggest that the mafia nightkill is a move.

Another idea which was raised was the idea of a self-destruct move having been used. We can only speculate on how self-destruct may or may not have worked.

Suppose Self-Destruct killed EagleWiz in the process, as would be logical. Surely this should allow more than 1 kill for the mafia or else the move would be silly and pointless. However, then consider that Rokk, Myself, and possibly Whyte as well were all immune to nightkills last night. It is entirely possible that Eagle may have intended to target more than 1, attempting to take out Whyte but failing. It is also possible that Eagle had no control over targeting, and could have targeted more than 2, but rolled badly and most of the blast went into Rokk, myself, and Whyte.

This too would however suggest that the mafia nightkill may be a move, as the Aidan kill would therefore itself have been the result of a move being used.

We've gone very, very deep into this hypothetical at this point. But, I have done so for a purpose.

I wanted to weigh the danger of intentionally leaving a mafia roleblocker alive as a result of a bad lynch. I do not believe the danger is significant.

I would like to clarify that I find it less than likely that Lagn possesses a roleblock. I find it more likely that this is a trick of some kind.

However, with that in mind, we should consider the absolute worst case.

Suppose this is a trick, and BHK is actually mafia. We know BHK has a roleblock. We know BHK can't use more than 1 move per night. I suspect mafia nightkills count as a move, so we'd be safe and fully capable of lynching.

Suppose it's not a trick, and BHK is correct. Suppose Lagn could have copied any given move in the game and not told us about it. Suppose Lagn copied Teleport. Suppose Lagn uses Teleport to switch attacks from himself to Rokk or myself. Now that would be a terrifying thought.

Although I maintain my position with BHK as my top candidate for mafia, I will accept that a mafia Lagn with unknown moves would be significantly more dangerous in the night than a mafia BHK.

With that in mind, and considering we maintain the ability to take out a mafia BHK anyway, I can throw my support behind a Lagn lynch as the safer option. This is because a mafia Lagn could potentially be even more dangerous, depending on the moves Lagn copied.
_________________
Back to top
Whytemeet
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Joined: Sep 12, 2012

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lagn lynch seems to make the most sense to me too. The night phase will be interesting though. If BHK is mafia, will he try to roleblock Rokk or Tek so they can't kill him?

I could also possibly see Rokk taking a shot at Tek if Rokk thinks Tek to be a SK. And Tek taking a shot at Rokk if he really is a SK.

I'm not saying Tek is SK by the way, but it has been suggested pretty much all game.

For now I'll Vote: Lagn
_________________
He-Man{6080} Spawn{6093} The Man In Black{6108} Michael Myers{6199} Alucard{6278} Whytemeet{6837} Nico Bolas{6980} The Dark One{7146} Batman{7310} Dralnu{7671} Yoda{9448} The Question{9618}
Back to top
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

Joined: Dec 17, 2009

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before we proceed, we should establish who Rokk and I are shooting at if this doesn't work and it turns out not to be Lagn.

Frankly, I don't care which way it goes. Just to put something out there so we have something, Rokk can shoot BHK and I'll shoot Whyte. If either is mafia, then we become certain that the mafia is unable to use any moves other than defending themselves.
_________________
Back to top
Whytemeet
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Joined: Sep 12, 2012

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teksura wrote:
Before we proceed, we should establish who Rokk and I are shooting at if this doesn't work and it turns out not to be Lagn.

Frankly, I don't care which way it goes. Just to put something out there so we have something, Rokk can shoot BHK and I'll shoot Whyte. If either is mafia, then we become certain that the mafia is unable to use any moves other than defending themselves.

Sounds good to me.
_________________
He-Man{6080} Spawn{6093} The Man In Black{6108} Michael Myers{6199} Alucard{6278} Whytemeet{6837} Nico Bolas{6980} The Dark One{7146} Batman{7310} Dralnu{7671} Yoda{9448} The Question{9618}
Back to top
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

Joined: Dec 17, 2009

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incidentally, if both BHK and Whyte protect themselves, the town still hilariously wins. We simply lynch one or the other the following day. If we're still wrong, then we're in a night phase with 1 mafia and 2 death immune townies.

Vote: Lagn

Well, I'm happy with this. We can't lose.
_________________
Back to top
Whytemeet
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Joined: Sep 12, 2012

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teksura wrote:
Incidentally, if both BHK and Whyte protect themselves, the town still hilariously wins. We simply lynch one or the other the following day. If we're still wrong, then we're in a night phase with 1 mafia and 2 death immune townies.

Vote: Lagn

Well, I'm happy with this. We can't lose.

Unless Rokk is really mafia and the best player ever. That would actually be hilarious.
_________________
He-Man{6080} Spawn{6093} The Man In Black{6108} Michael Myers{6199} Alucard{6278} Whytemeet{6837} Nico Bolas{6980} The Dark One{7146} Batman{7310} Dralnu{7671} Yoda{9448} The Question{9618}
Back to top
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

Joined: Dec 17, 2009

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't even be mad in that case. I'll just want to go back and study what she did.
_________________
Back to top
Lagn
Active Member
Active Member

Joined: May 12, 2010

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why am I getting lynched again?
Back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 72 of 74

Jump to:
You cannot vote in polls in this forum