Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Nexus Champion
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nexus Champion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> The Junkyard
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bongofury
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject: Nexus Champion Reply with quote

Right now, a player with no clue can build a NC and wipe out 100 pets without having to heal himself. Tadpole can teach you how.

Last breath, you killed the ES for a lot less.

Is there a way a petmaster can handle a NC?
Shadok
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't rely on a single pet type and actually use the diverse pet varieties offered by the game specifically to negate this scenario?

Also don't expect to be able to kill a prepared NC while AFK as a petmaster. Petmasters are made to be tough, not invincible 24/7. We dealt with "invincible classes" in earlier breaths. Nobody liked fighting them. Hence why everything now has a counter of some sort.

"Oh, sorry, thought I was in a Vault of Enlightenment, not someone's booze cabinet." -Kharn
Warbandit
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that why your mages council NC attacked OS and died to significantly less than 100 pets? So salty.
Skoffin
Not Skoffin
Not Skoffin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

* Claims you can be a NC with no effort and kill 100 pets easy
* Uses a player that literally prepares for battle as an example for this

Wot?
Sac
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warbandit wrote:
Is that why your mages council NC attacked OS and died to significantly less than 100 pets? So salty.

The pets were snoozeville. It was Concassage that did the damage.
klapaucius
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I guess the answer is having actives support the pet shield.
Dissident

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: Nexus Champion Reply with quote

Bongofury wrote:
Right now, a player with no clue can build a NC and wipe out 100 pets without having to heal himself. Tadpole can teach you how.

Last breath, you killed the ES for a lot less.

Is there a way a petmaster can handle a NC?

I probably know what faction this happened too. I have an alt there and one thing I can say is that Shadok is right...we need more of the more expensive to maintain pets and then strategically summon them. 100 pets is really hard to tank unless 80% of them is dealing the same damage type that gets effed up by NC adaptation.

EDIT: I remember in BIII, we at Alternative Heroes have 200 pets. Still get tanked to nothingness with a couple of good tanks. (but mostly ends up in a lot of death Razz )
tommy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tadpole literally has the best Alchemical devision, of the best faction, in the whole nexus backing him up.

I will post up a screen shot of my inventory when i get the chance, i constantly walk around with over 30 potions, I'm in perma- raid prep mode.
Kharn
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tadpole does a lot of fucking preparation and gets a lot of support during raids. Any other tank (Eternal Soldiers are not tanks, they're just bad) could kill 100+ ghouls with the same amount of preparation.

Nexus Champions are busted and needs nerfs, but that's because they can do almost literally everything better than most classes. Tanking isn't one of those things.

Edit: Actually, NCs don't even need nerfs, come think of it. The problem is that they have so many good expensive skills and, with the current badge system, a guy with all badges ground in previous breaths can simply buy fucking everything as soon as you get to level 20
Kylinn
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kharn wrote:
Edit: Actually, NCs don't even need nerfs, come think of it. The problem is that they have so many good expensive skills and, with the current badge system, a guy with all badges ground in previous breaths can simply buy fucking everything as soon as you get to level 20

This. People did spend a lot of time grinding those badges, but the accumulation of points makes for some seriously overpowered characters, especially compared with those of new players or folks who were concentrating on other things than grinding the last Breath(s).

The problem is that it's not actually expected that anyone should be able to buy all of the abilities of any particular class, but badge points throws this out of balance. And if things continue as they are, the issue will only get worse, as more folks grinding more Badges to accumulate through future Breaths.

Now, some builds are seriously CP-heavy (my smith/smith enchanter an example - it costs to get multiple crafting trees and then buy a bunch of spells just so you can enchant that type - even with a couple of badges he's seriously hurting for CP), but that seems more a balancing issue, which the devs are already looking at for next Breath.
convider
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A healthy wight-ghoul mix takes down unprepared NCs without much difficulty. Last breath my lich once put out 280+ damage against a NC before having all the pets die. Like any other healthy ecosystem, a monoculture of pets will lead them all to ruin.
Yukari

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about removing the immunity effect on potions? That'd help with every other class being able to double as tank when they "shouldn't" (or as the NC, tank better than the actual tank class..?). It could be lowered to 50% resistance or something? Or as suggested by someone else last night, 99%, it would still make people take chip damage from attacks. This way, too, the NC or the HC don't need to actually be directly nerfed or made lose their immunities.

You'd probably have to give the ES that kickin' aura or something, to compensate for transcended classes not having anything that can tank. Without NC, unaligned factions don't really have a tank.

I'd also nerf ghouls, or put a hard cap on them. Being mean I'd say 10, but maybe 20 is reasonable. I don't really know, I've never played a lich, but I can understand how both sides of the deal are very frustrating: randomly popping into a building to get eaten at the tick by 20 x 10 slashing damage, or have all your pet-work undone effortlessly by a single guy with pots.
eris2323

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yukari wrote:
You'd probably have to give the ES that kickin' aura or something, to compensate for transcended classes not having anything that can tank. Without NC, unaligned factions don't really have a tank.

Unless something radical has changed to pet stances or the Wisp Form power since last breath, unaligned have arguably the best anti-pet tool in the game in the form of the Wispy Conduit. Unless they're confronted with an active defender, they can destroy petshields by simply wiping out the petmasters with zero fear of retaliation.
Kiralio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eris2323 wrote:
Unless something radical has changed to pet stances or the Wisp Form power since last breath,

Either this has happened, or it's coming soon.

Check out Shadok's posts in this thread: http://www.nexusclash.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7926
Quixotic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eris2323 wrote:
Yukari wrote:

Unless something radical has changed to pet stances or the Wisp Form power since last breath, unaligned have arguably the best anti-pet tool in the game in the form of the Wispy Conduit. Unless they're confronted with an active defender, they can destroy petshields by simply wiping out the petmasters with zero fear of retaliation.

Yes it has changed. Wisp form acts as though pets were set to defensive in regards to you. They will not attack on their own, but if you attack a pet it will retaliate and target you, if you attack the petmaster all pets will retaliate and target you.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> The Junkyard All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: