Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Fallout Mafia Game Thread - Town (not BHK) and Rokk win
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fallout Mafia Game Thread - Town (not BHK) and Rokk win
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92, 93  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EagleWiz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unvote: Give Vault 86 Jumpsuit to rokkanslainte
Unvote: give Broken 10mm Pistol to rokkanslainte
Unvote: Give Pipboy to JackWest
Vote: Give Vault 86 Jumpsuit to No One
Vote: Give Broken 10mm Pistol to No One
Vote: Give Pipboy to No One because I might lose but I'm not going to help a neutral who decided to help town win
JackWest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"a neutral who decided to help town win"

You realize we're both town, right? That's what Tomppa does. He recruits people and neutrals become townies.

I can wait until rokkanslainte comes by. I vaguely remember something about them needing to collect the guns or something and just in case that's some extra win condition thing I'm perfectly happy letting them collect this one.

Last edited by JackWest on Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
EagleWiz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine.
Vote: Give Vault 86 Jumpsuit to rokkanslainte
Vote: give Broken 10mm Pistol to rokkanslainte
Vote: Give Pipboy to rokkanslainte

dang, we really should have claimed neutral. Huh.
JackWest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unvote: give pipboy to jackwest
vote: give pipboy to rokkanslainte
vote: EagleWiz
JackWest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone claiming neutral might have helped things a little. Tomppa's early call for neutrals to claim was to start a recruitment drive. I had that figured out pretty early on because my rome PM specified a win condition if I was recruited to the town. So I figured the vault dweller like every other main character was able to recruit companions. I kept acting to support the town before I was recruited because I knew it was only a matter of time before he got around to me.

Turns out a scum in the neutral claims would have meant he'd be unable to recruit until finding and killing that scum, which would require lynching neutral claims until that scum was found. Which would have been really bad for us.
EagleWiz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was worried that the recruitment thing would out any fake neutral. I didn't even think of something that would change win conditions midgame, although it does make sense. Now I'm kinda wondering why no neutrals tried to kill tompaa? Being recruited makes winning harder from what I understand.
JackWest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went from being a survivor to winning with the town. The former is a heck of a lot harder IMHO. Funny thing is I survived anyway. Go figure.
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUT WHO WAS BROTHERHOOD OF STEEL?!?!?!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck if I know.
EagleWiz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rokks win condition requires laser and plasma weaponry - so him certainly,
Saint Jimmy blew up BHK when the latter was trying to kill the BoS, so probably him as well.
rokkanslainte

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was - and am - Brotherhood of Steel. My win-con has been fulfilled, but the game isn't over yet, meaning one of you two is scum.

Presumably Eaglewiz took a shot at me. I did warn you all I had NK immunity.

Where the heck did Tek come from?

Vote:EagleWiz
UsernamePending
Custom Title
Custom Title

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sihoiba wrote:

Day 6 has started: 3 surviving players, 26 Votes needed to lynch.

/me says "Good luck lynching!" from the grave.
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: HOW IS 42 KILLS AN A
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: FOURTY TWO
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: FOURTY TWOOOO
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: IS ONLY AN A
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: HOW DO YOU GET AN S ON LEBLANC
Sihoiba
Architect of Anguish

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynch Vote Count: 2 votes needed to lynch
3 Votes: EagleWiz (EagleWiz, JackWest rokkanslainte)
0 Votes: JackWest, rokkanslainte

Players who are currently voting for somebody: JackWest, EagleWiz, rokkanslainte
Players who have unvoted and not re-voted: No one
Players who have not voted yet: No one

---

Vault Suit: 2 votes needed to give item
2 Votes: rokkanslainte (EagleWiz, JackWest)
0 Votes: JackWest, EagleWiz

Players who are currently voting for item giving: JackWest, EagleWiz
Players who have not voted yet: rokkanslainte

---

Broken 10mm Pistol: 2 votes needed to give item

---

Pipboy: 2 votes needed to give item

---

JackWest and rokkanslainte turn on EagleWiz and put him down, the holograms fade and they can clearly see EagleWiz wearing Raider blaster armour, rokkanslainte in BoS power armour, and JackWest hovering his three robotic arms flexing back and forth.

Town win, except BHK who failed their condition and loses. Skoffin wins twice by achieving both halves of their win condition.
rokkanslainte wins as they completed their win condition.
Scum lose.
Saint_Jimmy and Yukari lose as they did not survive till end of game.

Player epilogues:

rokkanslainte alive and having completed her primary mission of acquiring the missing tech identified in the BoS records, proceeds to complete her secondary objective for the BoS. Wiping out every Follower of the Apocalypse from the Chicago Wasteland.

JackWest remains in Vault 86, where with his Patriotrism programming from Tomppa and his medical treatments attract more Wastelanders to the Vault and continue the tradition of McCarthy-esque witch hunts for communist sympathisers.

Wozzy had always wanted to be a raider but his ghoulish green form prevented him fulfilling his dream. Not as much as the raider bullet to the head did though.

Whytemeet never got that big score because their own guardian angel turned on him and shot him - really an act of kindness to prevent a much worse death in the Vault's Purification Chamber.

Yukari’s personalities could never agree, except when they decided to trust a Vaultdweller who used her as bait in trap. If she’d just used her stealth boy who knows what adventures she might have had.

Lagn's time as a raider was short lived and the death of his buddies means he is destined to be just another skeleton in the wasteland with a forgotten story.

BlackHeartKabal had sworn a vow of pacifism and no amount of good work could save him from a paranoid Super Mutant. Dead, there was no one to warn his fellow Followers that a BoS assassin was coming to get them, and all trace of them was soon obliterated from the Chicago Wasteland.

Pikanchion learned the sad truth that it doesn’t matter where you go, canabalising humans will never be accepted among the rest of humanity.

Skoffin didn’t live to see it, but their selling to both sides would be a tactic that would continue to work for their caravan company seeing it become the most powerful merchant organisation in the Chicago Wasteland.

Aidan had he never padded into the vault after that interesting smell would either have ended up as dinner or leading a roving pack of wild dogs. As it is he briefly got to experience the joys of a loving master in Tomppa before the bullet that ended his life struck home.

Saint_Jimmy met the fate of many a Super Mutant in the Wasteland, dead at the hands of a prejudiced bigot with a Plasma Rifle who coveted his Fatman.

Tomppa proved that though years of breeding and selection can achieve results, there’s just no overcoming humanity's love of mind altering substances. Of course there’s no one left at VaultTec to record and analyse the experiment results anyway.

Armykid500 could have ended up leading a powerful slaving gang, but like so many raiders lost himself and his life to the lure of chems.

UsernamePending died before he could be exposed to the dose of radiation necessary for him to transition to a ghoul. The jury’s out on whether or not he got the easy way out.

EagleWiz found out what many raiders find out. Life turns out much better if you don’t try and take out someone wearing power armour when all you have is a pistol.

Last edited by Sihoiba on Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:32 am; edited 5 times in total
Sihoiba
Architect of Anguish

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was a much closer game that I thought I was going to be at several points. Day and Night 5 there were lots of different combinations of votes and night kills that would have resulted in a Town or Scum victory; if EagleWiz had shot JackWest Night 5 scum would have won. The game could have gone lots of ways, hell a day 1 scum and neutral win is totally doable in the setup. The kingmaker EagleWiz talked about? He was due to die from the Jet addiction so town was going to win either way, if they lynched rokkanslainte then BlackHeartKabal would have got to win too.

In general I’m pretty happy with how the game turned out; 90 odd pages is a lot of mafia. There were a lot of bad night action choices, and excellent day plays on both sides; though I guess the former had a lot to do with no one having much information from flips. The one thing I definitely got wrong though was BHK’s and Aidan’s extra win condition; and in fact Aidan’s changed part way through when he accidentally game me a thematically appropriate out. So sorry BHK and Aidan.

My planning docs are:
Planning document

Game tracking document

The overall inspiration for the game was the boardgame Dead of Winter. It’s a cooperative zombie survival board game with possibly hidden traitors, and the main inspiration, every town aligned player gets an extra win condition that requires them to work against town’s interests in order to win.

As for Chicago I picked it as the American city (other than Vegas) most associated with the real world mafia and I didn't know of any fallout games set there.

Hence:
Extra win cons:
BHK - had to off the BoS who both a distraction from scum-hunting but also a hint that the BoS were a threat to town (rokkanslainte initially had three targets to kill 1 town, 1 neutral and 1 scum, but weapon voting meant more definitely town characters could end up on their kill list)
Aidan - as a tracker had to distract Tomppa from their useful night actions and make themselves a target to do so. The change was to let them waste an action tracking Tomppa as that fulfilled the same design goal.

Alternative win cons:
Skoffin - had a bunch of powerful items, and incentives to play both sides against the middle.

Useful town hurting powers:
Cannibal - Night kill immunity at the cost of the town getting the flip information

A few notable things:
* Lagn was fantastic and putting out fake information that town bought, even when it contradicted mod provided details - see the Purification chamber atomises you Day 1.
* Just like in the Pokemon mafia, even when a bunch of ‘ridiculous’ claims are proven true people continue to disbelieve other ‘ridiculous’ claims. Though no role flips for most of the game didn’t help
* A general over reliance to tie roles in a custom game back to those from Epic mafia or similar; even when the game clearly demonstrates it’s not using them.
* It might be a factor of the length of the game, but people kept presenting and forgetting ideas. So the multiple scum teams was proposed several times, but no one put that together with the Scum being NKed night 1. That was both the worst target for scum to hit, and yet gave Eaglewiz cover nearly all game.
* So many people nearly got the radiation mechanic then talked themselves out of it again.
* I totally didn't expect the town doctor to play so aggressively and get themselves lynched day 1. He got an auto-inject stimpack to protect from a random lynch because with mafia having two means of killing (and one that could kill multiples at once) town really needed the doc (and the back up doc too). I totally didn't spot the flavour inconsistency on a Follower needed to get someone lynched.

So what did people think? Any watches have any thoughts they want to share?
Tomppa
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot damn.

I have to say I really enjoyed the game and the set-up, and I really liked my role's abilities (though I think they were maybe a bit too powerful, all in all).

I also gotta say that this was my first time as a mod-confirmed townie, and I didn't really know how to play it. I made some poor choices during the game, and realized too late that what I thought was a confirmed victory (JackWest was doc and could protect Rokkan, and had an Auto-Stimpak with him) - it's unlikely they could have used the stimpak (on account of being a robot).

I'm just curious as to what the Jet would have done?

Also, Sorry Yukari Sad I guess we made you into a too big target. Then again, it was likely better for town that the survivor was removed...

For those wondering: I could have recruited townies too, and I got to discuss with my recruits in private during the night (but they couldn't talk with each other). If I had targeted scum with my recruit, I would have died, which was another reason why I wanted to out all the neutrals on D1.

I had a blast, but DAMN that thread got big >.<

EDIT: Also, ninja'd by the mod. Dead of Winter is really good game!
(That's from Dracula, by Stoker.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 91 of 93

Jump to: