Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Answering this question was a mistake
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Answering this question was a mistake

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> The Junkyard
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edith

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Top Punching Bags (Breath)
Character
Damage Taken
1.) Blexx 1,015,677
2.) Elska Skapraun 111,243
3.) An True 70,772
4.) Kenny McCormick 50,072
5.) Gnarknorb 43,356
6.) Concassage 35,931
7.) Aaaargh 34,193
8.) Shambling zombie 31,909
9.) Postman Pat 24,526
10.) Jean-Baptiste Emmanuel Zorg 23,775

So how did Blexx do that?
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edith wrote:
Quote:

Character
Damage Taken
1.) Blexx 1,015,677
3.) An True 70,772
5.) Gnarknorb 43,356
6.) Concassage 35,931
7.) Aaaargh 34,193
9.) Postman Pat 24,526

Taken from their logs:

Quote:

- You attack A Greater Death Servitor with your horde of miniature Gremlins, they all viscously slash with, a Blood Claws and hit for 15 points of unholy damage. They were protected by a palpable shroud of death! You take 8 points of death damage! You gain 15 XP. (2016-01-01 15:55:02).
- You have earned the Keeping Healers in Business badge! (2016-01-01 15:55:15).
- You have earned the Traumatized badge! Earning this badge has caused you to gain 10 Character Points! (2016-01-01 15:55:15).
- Blexx has earned the Traumatized badge! (2016-01-01 15:55:15).
- You take a moment to concentrate your inner hatred; suddenly, with great violence, your mortal shell explodes, spewing hatred and hellfire everywhere. Your attack affected 0 characters and/or pets and killed 0 pets and 0 characters. (2016-01-01 15:55:17).
- Your mortal shell explodes in a blast of hellish fury! (2016-01-01 15:55:17).
- You feel Mischief Atrocity, a Gibbering Flesh spring from your body, fueled by your hatred. (2016-01-01 15:55:17).
- (24 times) Your Newspaper has been destroyed! It has been removed from your inventory. (2016-01-01 15:55:17).
- You attack A Greater Death Servitor with your horde of miniature Gremlins, they all viscously slash with, a Blood Claws and miss. They were protected by a palpable shroud of death! You take 1000008 points of death damage! This was enough to kill you! (2016-01-01 15:55:17).

Basically, they attacked an admin character with a void walker, got a million negative soak, and then took damage aura damage. Then they sat on this for almost an entire week without bothering to bring this to our attention to get it fixed.

I am not happy.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teksura wrote:

Taken from their logs:

Quote:

- You attack A Greater Death Servitor with your horde of miniature Gremlins, they all viscously slash with, a Blood Claws and hit for 15 points of unholy damage. They were protected by a palpable shroud of death! You take 8 points of death damage! You gain 15 XP. (2016-01-01 15:55:02).
- You have earned the Traumatized badge! Earning this badge has caused you to gain 10 Character Points! (2016-01-01 15:55:15).
- You take a moment to concentrate your inner hatred; suddenly, with great violence, your mortal shell explodes, spewing hatred and hellfire everywhere. Your attack affected 0 characters and/or pets and killed 0 pets and 0 characters. (2016-01-01 15:55:17).
- You feel Mischief Atrocity, a Gibbering Flesh spring from your body, fueled by your hatred. (2016-01-01 15:55:17).
- (24 times) Your Newspaper has been destroyed! It has been removed from your inventory. (2016-01-01 15:55:17).
- You attack A Greater Death Servitor with your horde of miniature Gremlins, they all viscously slash with, a Blood Claws and miss. They were protected by a palpable shroud of death! You take 1000008 points of death damage! This was enough to kill you! (2016-01-01 15:55:17).

Basically, they attacked an admin character with a void walker, got a million negative soak, and then took damage aura damage. Then they sat on this for almost an entire week without bothering to bring this to our attention to get it fixed.

I am not happy.

So Blexx managed to game the system Smile nice ;P
Xirvi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So someone...

1) exploited a game loophole to gain over one million damage taken with a single click?
2) performed that exploit against an admin character, of all characters?
3) did it in such a way that they gained a CP badge and broadcast evidence of their exploit to entire game's population?
and finally 4) failed to report that exploit, despite how public it was and despite the fact that it involved an admin character?

Well, okay then. Rolling Eyes
RaelCleap
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teksura wrote:
Edith wrote:
Quote:

Character
Damage Taken
1.) Blexx 1,015,677
3.) An True 70,772
5.) Gnarknorb 43,356
6.) Concassage 35,931
7.) Aaaargh 34,193
9.) Postman Pat 24,526

Taken from their logs:

Quote:

I am not happy.

I didn't even realise until I read this post. Erm... sorry. When killing with my VW's it's pretty much mash, mash, splode.

Again, I didn't even realise. I must have just respawned or logged out and not not noticed. As really there is no need to game any system on a VW.

If it caused any problems, I hope you will accept my appology.

I am Sorry for any problems this might have caused, it was not intentional.

FYI I didn't get any extra CP as far as I know, My CP total only 15 more than my other VW as far as I can tell (who is the second half of reading badge behind). It must be why I didn't notice it to be honest as I gained no benifit out of the ordinary, but if anything needs to be changed on the char be my guest).

@Xirvi - I didn't broadcast anything, I didn't know until now and have gained nothing other than a shocking newspaper article. Wich was just as a suprise to me as it is to you. Shocked

http://www.nexusclash.com/modules.php?name=Game&op=character&id=9180

There is the character, his skill set and Numbers. If it had been intentional it would have been a pretty stoopid move as ...

A. It would show on Tek's Admin char
B. It would show in Paper News.

There is no way I could get away with HAX'in the system (as someone put it) even if I had known or wanted too.

I am just as shocked as everyone else.

The funny side: Blexx cheated to get paper coverage by playing the victim... how very Chain Gremlin Confused
Skoffin
Not Skoffin
Not Skoffin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, reading the logs shown here, had it been me I highly doubt I would have noticed either.

I don't read over non-emote logs and wouldn't have a clue if ant alt belonged to an admin or not. Are people in general aware of which characters belong to devs?

Queen Majoo of Overpowered Republic
The Majestic Liopleurodon of Divineslayers
Shadok
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accidentally assaulting an admin character? Understandable. Not all of them are obvious at a glance.

Accidentally taking 1000008 points of damage and not thinking to go ask an admin what the hell just happened? That I find harder to buy.

"Oh, sorry, thought I was in a Vault of Enlightenment, not someone's booze cabinet." -Kharn
RaelCleap
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's what you all think, quit demonising me and judge me already. Because having such a thing hanging is really souring the wish to play. (haven't logged in since seeing this).

I have posted the Char' here (in my last post) so you can see No CP is out of place and all the numbers on my Char' sheet are where they should be. Most proberly the reason I didn't notice it. I gave the obvious reasons why it was not intentional.

A. Foolishly stupid if it was intentional.
B. The admin Char' would see the scripts
C. it would show up in the newspapers as BLATENTLY impossible numbers.
D. Why would a VW need to game any system? Especially one that is so openly easy to see and get found out on.

It's not what I would call a smart Caper for sure, if it was planned, whitch it wasn't.

In fact I am rather insulted that you think my intelligence is that low.

So yeah, instead of letting things get to the point of people demonising me more, for an accident, that I didn't even realise until the post here. Please just issue a verdict and be done with it.

Or procead with character assassination if you wish, but I will respond to such and defend myself.

I have nothing to hide. Evil or Very Mad
oath2order

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaelCleap wrote:
If that's what you all think, quit demonising me and judge me already. Because having such a thing hanging is really souring the wish to play. (haven't logged in since seeing this).

I have posted the Char' here (in my last post) so you can see No CP is out of place and all the numbers on my Char' sheet are where they should be. Most proberly the reason I didn't notice it. I gave the obvious reasons why it was not intentional.

A. Foolishly stupid if it was intentional.
B. The admin Char' would see the scripts
C. it would show up in the newspapers as BLATENTLY impossible numbers.
D. Why would a VW need to game any system? Especially one that is so openly easy to see and get found out on.

It's not what I would call a smart Caper for sure, if it was planned, whitch it wasn't.

In fact I am rather insulted that you think my intelligence is that low.

So yeah, instead of letting things get to the point of people demonising me more, for an accident, that I didn't even realise until the post here. Please just issue a verdict and be done with it.

Or procead with character assassination if you wish, but I will respond to such and defend myself.

I have nothing to hide. Evil or Very Mad

You can see why people are having a hard time believing "it was unintentional" due to it being such a large number, right?
RaelCleap
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have given my account, nuffin' more I can say or do.

I don't comment on assumption, assumption is the hallmark of a fool. Evil or Very Mad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> The Junkyard All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: