Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Split: Faction level differences and raids => Petmasters
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Split: Faction level differences and raids => Petmasters
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Game Mechanics Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaelCleap
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:41 am    Post subject: Split: Faction level differences and raids => Petmasters Reply with quote

Right, so I have some relitive experiance raiding now and have a few things to say.

AS A PM RAIDING IS POINTLESS.

1. I stand by this fact, between building (an mp overpriced) pet wall I do practically nothing but look after it. Am forced, pinned to the SH while maintaining it.

2. I get no XP for defence (whitch i would get if I was out feral grinding from experiance) because of potions and certain Overpowered classes. (I wonder why I never see IB, tanking.. oh yeah NC).

3. My faction has been raided 3 times this weak, my PM got a sum total for all this redundant defence work of 30XP. Regrouping and horde building....... Pointless waste of time ap /mp and resorces! I might as well not have been there.

When for the love off God will someone listen, lower pet MP and cap horde size of certain pets (how many of each you can have summoned at any given time). Because as it stands it is redundant for a PM to acctually defend a faction.

These problems are even more detrimental to the WM. Evil or Very Mad

It puts me way off raiding! There is no point to it as a PM. Absoluely no point at all apart from stroking the tanks E-Peen. I will not do that for the cost it takes a PM in time, resorce and effort!
Kharn
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
AS A PM RAIDING IS POINTLESS

"No"

This is wrong so I'm gonna stop reading right here
Skoffin
Not Skoffin
Not Skoffin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are all sorts of issues with raiding atm.

Agreed that raiding as a PM isn't that fun. I'm playing a WM and I have to log in multiple times a day to keep pets around long enough for a raid, but hounds become quite unmanageable quite quickly due to MP cost. Having them around as petwall is pointless so I mostly try to keep them up when I want to go on a raid rather than trying to stop one. I get almost no xp from defence, but I haven't made much xp from raiding lately either.

Another issue with raiding: renown.

Long-time factions generally don't need to worry about that any more, but us new factions need to concern ourselves with it. Sometimes I have to make a choice on raid target based on the renown I could get on it. Because of that it may make more sense to raid a smaller faction than a larger one.
Someone (possibly L ron?) raided OS a while ago and got only 2 renown for the effort. 2 renown for raiding the biggest, hardest faction in the game. You can get more renown raiding a L2.
I need 50 renown at one point, but gathering and maintaining renown was proving to be a chore. I could raid a large faction one day and get recapped a few hours later, and literally lose all the renown I gained that day and effectively wiping out that day's raid effort. The system essentially encourages you to raid factions that are less likely to recap if you need to save up for something.

There are all sorts of priorities factions need to make when raiding, and it's not always going to work out for the best. What's the goal? Renown? Flags? Exp? How many people are available to raid? distance? Which factions currently have a SH?
There aren't many factions as it is, and taking everything into account limits your options drastically. More so for good factions.

Some people say they are raided too often, but how much is too often?
And, honestly, I think some people are just complainers. I've seen people rage in clash after being raided *once*. Some people think being raided twice in about a 2 week span is too often. Another faction I've seen raided almost daily but not say anything about it.
In those first two examples though, the factions were small. In that daily raided example, they are L7.

So yeah, how often is too often? And does it make a difference depending on the faction size?
I think some concerns are legitimate, but I don't think all are.

Someone mentioned Majestic(Divine) slayers earlier, so I'll also add:
MS generally raid larger factions, but we also have small faction flags. Why? cos some were taken when we were small and never recapped, and recently we raided a L2 purely because their sole member was leaving tentacles all over our neighbourhood for us. Raiding them was to stop that. However, to anyone that has an issue with larger factions bullying smaller ones, confirmation bias would lead them to suspect we just raid small dudes when we don't.

Queen Majoo of Overpowered Republic
The Majestic Liopleurodon of Divineslayers
RaelCleap
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kharn wrote:
Quote:

"No"

Is Defending on a PM worth it? Is It really? Not from my experiances, especially on a WM. The lich isn't so bad, but still the tax of rebuilding and camping an sh, I might as well stay feral hunting. You get more done productively on your char, more xp (over the week than one raid yields) and I get badge grinding done and am not the target of potioned up raiders!

Attacking as a PM means nothing in this debate, as that is not part of the problem in raiding. As an example.

Why sit in the faction where a potioned up tank will walk in and destroy all the pets. Wasting my time, effort, MP / AP and getting no xp for the defence?

Would I not be better camping feral and on raid day build my horde and attack? At least in this circumstance I get XP and reward for summoning.

But summoning for defence parks me (specially for a WM) and is redundant v a raid force potioned up.....

This has only one point, to stroke the tanks E-peen. I won't do that! not after this weeks experiances. (FYI, you get more RP feral hunting too).

I am not saying make PM's stronger, just cap how many of each pet we can summon and lower their MP costs on summoning and rjuv's. I am seeing PM's slowly disapear from factions or quitting. These are the reasons why. They have been pointed out on the forums over the years (that I have read).

So yeah Ignore it if you wish, but it is a problem. It's tedius and makes PM's a redundant possition of play in raid defence. When they start dropping out the game and people start saying... Hey where have the PM's gone? You know and why! Especially when raiding is happening a lot this breath. I want to raid, but will only attack on my PM and will not be a target camping at my SH; as it yields less xp / badge development for nothing more than stroking the enemy tanks E-Peen!

Mp /Ap / Resorces drained for what? Nothing at to great a cost!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Skoffins points, it becomes tedius being raided multiple tiems for one reason for me, Pets. All my other None-Pm classes couldn't care less how often they are raided. For this reason. They don't have the pet / pinned to SH tax the PM's have.

Last edited by RaelCleap on Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaelCleap wrote:
Kharn wrote:
Quote:

"No"

Attacking as a PM means nothing in this debate, as that is not part is part of the problem in raiding. As an example.

Given that your entire point being made is that attacking as a PM is pointless, I'm confused as to how you're saying that a petmasters ability to attack is irrelevant to raiding. Especially when your so-called example says nothing on their ability to attack.

RaelCleap wrote:
But summoning for defence parks me (specially for a WM) and is redundant v a raid force potioned up.....

Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teksura wrote:
RaelCleap wrote:
Kharn wrote:
Quote:

"No"

Attacking as a PM means nothing in this debate, as that is not part is part of the problem in raiding. As an example.

Given that your entire point being made is that attacking as a PM is pointless, I'm confused as to how you're saying that a petmasters ability to attack is irrelevant to raiding. Especially when your so-called example says nothing on their ability to attack.

Attacking as a PM is not the problem. It is the cost in defence and rebuilding thats the prob. Better to stay feral and badge grind, on raid day summon a small horde and attack. This way benifits the pm.

To wall defence a SH, costs me huge amounts of ap and mp / resorces. For what, a potioned up raid to wipe me out. The massive pet wall pins me, if i move it looses ap, mp that costs me again to rejuv'. thats 10mp 1 ap for a ghoul, 20mp per Hell hound. With lich no movement ability, so if you have wights you are pinned.

Get raided 3 or more times in a week and all you do is rebuild your horde for no reward in defence.

Least if I'm feral grinding I get reward for summoning, I get to farm badges and XP, I am not a target for a potion'ed up tank who knows my exact possition. On raid day I can summon up and join the crew and get big XP.

Now you tell me, why Raid defend as a PM. The cost is too high in MP for each pet considering how raid active our server is. More so for WM.

Thats the problem!

At the moment Raid defence for a PM is just a big old yank on the tanks E-Peen (and have no prob with a tank doing this). We get nothing for it and loose out doing so. What is the reason to do so? Seams to costly as a stalling method to me and that is all it is, a stalling method, as it stands.

Last edited by RaelCleap on Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaelCleap wrote:
Teksura wrote:
RaelCleap wrote:
Kharn wrote:
Quote:

"No"

The raid attack as a PM is not a problem.

Well then you probably shouldn't be shouting in all caps that it's pointless.

Really, it just sounds to me like you don't know how to play them. Don't spend all your effort trying to maintain the biggest army you can unless that's what you want. Don't let them lock you down, if they despawn while you wander around so what? Summon what you need when you need it, or summon when you have leftover MP kicking around. Don't go quitting your faction and going feral just to avoid defending, it actually doesn't help you any and makes re-joining just to take part in the raid tedious.
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teksura wrote:
RaelCleap wrote:
Teksura wrote:
RaelCleap wrote:
Kharn wrote:
Quote:

"No"

The raid attack as a PM is not a problem.

Well then you probably shouldn't be shouting in all caps that it's pointless.

Sorry, then I will amend my statement now.

DEFENDING AS A PM V A RAID IS POINTLESS AND COSTS TO MUCH IN MP!

Not as catchy but, meh.

I know you most proberly haven't read the other points *shrugs*

But I won't be defending the SH on my PM's anymore. I will only attack on raids! As defending is a pointless pinning of the PM, a drain in resorce, AP / MP that is too high in cost especially v frequent raids.

Sollution?

Cap how many of a certain type of pet a PM can summon and lower mp costs to summon, problem solved. Especially with the frequency at whitch raids happen on the server.

Shall I log my exploits over a week as a SH defence Lich / WM v Feral Lich / WM and show the differance I have experianced? That other PM's are experiancing?

I will if you want me to, as I know it will prove me right. Continue as we are going and players of PM's will end up dropping or not playing them. I have talked to a fair few who share this frustration with the PM class.

Everything here I have said before.

Nuff Said.
RaelCleap
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teksura wrote:
RaelCleap wrote:
Kharn wrote:
Quote:

"No"

RaelCleap wrote:

Redundant!

Quote:
- Your pet Deranged Nurse, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:23:52).
- Your pet Raving Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:23:52).
- Your pet Enraged Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:23:52).
- Your pet Drooling Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:23:52).
- Your pet Hysterical Nurse, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:23:52).
- Your pet Angry Psychopath, a Fossil Monstrosity, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 14 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:23:52).
- Your pet Screaming Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:23:52).
- Your pet Wailing Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:23:52).
- Your pet Perverted Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:23:52).
- Your pet Erratic Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:23:52).
- Marcus Tullius Cicero attacked you with a Pipewrench and missed! (2016-01-31 11:23:58).
- Your pet Deranged Nurse, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:23:58).
- Your pet Raving Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:23:58).
- Your pet Enraged Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:23:58).
- Your pet Drooling Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:23:58).
- Your pet Hysterical Nurse, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:23:58).
- Your pet Angry Psychopath, a Fossil Monstrosity, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:23:58).
- Your pet Screaming Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:23:58).
- Your pet Wailing Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:23:59).
- Your pet Perverted Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:23:59).
- Your pet Erratic Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:23:59).
- Your pet Deranged Nurse, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:02).
- Your pet Raving Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:02).
- Your pet Enraged Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:02).
- Your pet Drooling Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:02).
- Your pet Hysterical Nurse, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:02).
- Your pet Angry Psychopath, a Fossil Monstrosity, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 14 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:02).
- Your pet Screaming Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:02).
- Your pet Wailing Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:02).
- Your pet Perverted Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:02).
- Your pet Erratic Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:02).
- Your pet Deranged Nurse, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:12).
- Your pet Raving Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:12).
- Your pet Enraged Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:12).
- Your pet Drooling Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:12).
- Your pet Hysterical Nurse, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:12).
- Your pet Angry Psychopath, a Fossil Monstrosity, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 14 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:12).
- Your pet Screaming Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:12).
- Your pet Wailing Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:12).
- Your pet Perverted Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:12).
- Your pet Erratic Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:12).
- (2 times) Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked your pet, Deranged Nurse and hit for 12 points of holy damage. (2016-01-31 11:24:13).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked your pet, Screaming Straitjacketed Lunatic and hit for 12 points of holy damage. (2016-01-31 11:24:13).
- Your pet Deranged Nurse, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:22).
- Your pet Raving Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:22).
- Your pet Enraged Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:22).
- Your pet Drooling Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:22).
- Your pet Hysterical Nurse, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:22).
- Your pet Angry Psychopath, a Fossil Monstrosity, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 14 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:22).
- Your pet Screaming Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:22).
- Your pet Wailing Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:22).
- Your pet Perverted Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:22).
- Your pet Erratic Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:22).
- Deranged Nurse, a(n) Ghoul has despawned. (2016-01-31 11:24:31).
- Deranged Nurse, a Ghoul, belonging to Dr. Cleaver, was killed by a defensive aura projected by Marcus Tullius Cicero! (2016-01-31 11:24:31).
- Your pet Deranged Nurse, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! This was enough to kill it! (2016-01-31 11:24:31).
- Your pet Raving Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:32).
- Your pet Enraged Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:32).
- Your pet Drooling Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:32).
- Your pet Hysterical Nurse, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:32).
- Your pet Angry Psychopath, a Fossil Monstrosity, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:32).
- Your pet Screaming Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:32).
- Your pet Wailing Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:32).
- Your pet Perverted Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:32).
- Your pet Erratic Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:32).
- (2 times) Skeleton, belonging to Liemannen, was killed by a defensive aura projected by Marcus Tullius Cicero! (2016-01-31 11:24:32).
- Your pet Raving Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:42).
- Your pet Enraged Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:42).
- Your pet Drooling Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:42).
- Your pet Hysterical Nurse, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:42).
- Your pet Angry Psychopath, a Fossil Monstrosity, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 14 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:42).
- Your pet Screaming Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:42).
- Your pet Wailing Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:42).
- Your pet Perverted Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:42).
- Your pet Erratic Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:42).
- Your pet Raving Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:52).
- Your pet Enraged Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:52).
- Your pet Drooling Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:52).
- Your pet Hysterical Nurse, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:52).
- Your pet Angry Psychopath, a Fossil Monstrosity, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 14 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:52).
- Screaming Straitjacketed Lunatic, a(n) Ghoul has despawned. (2016-01-31 11:24:52).
- Screaming Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, belonging to Dr. Cleaver, was killed by a defensive aura projected by Marcus Tullius Cicero! (2016-01-31 11:24:52).
- Your pet Screaming Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! This was enough to kill it! (2016-01-31 11:24:52).
- Your pet Wailing Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:52).
- Your pet Perverted Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:52).
- Your pet Erratic Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:24:52).
- Your pet Raving Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:25:02).
- Enraged Mental Patient, a(n) Ghoul has despawned. (2016-01-31 11:25:02).
- Enraged Mental Patient, a Ghoul, belonging to Dr. Cleaver, was killed by a defensive aura projected by Marcus Tullius Cicero! (2016-01-31 11:25:02).
- Your pet Enraged Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! This was enough to kill it! (2016-01-31 11:25:02).
- Your pet Drooling Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:25:03).
- Your pet Hysterical Nurse, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:25:03).
- Your pet Angry Psychopath, a Fossil Monstrosity, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:25:03).
- Your pet Wailing Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:25:03).
- Your pet Perverted Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:25:03).
- Erratic Straitjacketed Lunatic, a(n) Ghoul has despawned. (2016-01-31 11:25:03).
- Erratic Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, belonging to Dr. Cleaver, was killed by a defensive aura projected by Marcus Tullius Cicero! (2016-01-31 11:25:03).
- Your pet Erratic Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! This was enough to kill it! (2016-01-31 11:25:03).
- Ghoul Orderly, a Ghoul, belonging to Liemannen, was killed by a defensive aura projected by Marcus Tullius Cicero! (2016-01-31 11:25:03).
- Raving Straitjacketed Lunatic, a(n) Ghoul has despawned. (2016-01-31 11:25:12).
- Raving Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, belonging to Dr. Cleaver, was killed by a defensive aura projected by Marcus Tullius Cicero! (2016-01-31 11:25:12).
- Your pet Raving Straitjacketed Lunatic, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! This was enough to kill it! (2016-01-31 11:25:12).
- Drooling Mental Patient, a(n) Ghoul has despawned. (2016-01-31 11:25:12).
- Drooling Mental Patient, a Ghoul, belonging to Dr. Cleaver, was killed by a defensive aura projected by Marcus Tullius Cicero! (2016-01-31 11:25:12).
- Your pet Drooling Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! This was enough to kill it! (2016-01-31 11:25:12).
- Hysterical Nurse, a(n) Ghoul has despawned. (2016-01-31 11:25:12).
- Hysterical Nurse, a Ghoul, belonging to Dr. Cleaver, was killed by a defensive aura projected by Marcus Tullius Cicero! (2016-01-31 11:25:12).
- Your pet Hysterical Nurse, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! This was enough to kill it! (2016-01-31 11:25:12).
- Your pet Angry Psychopath, a Fossil Monstrosity, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:25:12).
- Wailing Mental Patient, a(n) Ghoul has despawned. (2016-01-31 11:25:12).
- Wailing Mental Patient, a Ghoul, belonging to Dr. Cleaver, was killed by a defensive aura projected by Marcus Tullius Cicero! (2016-01-31 11:25:12).
- Your pet Wailing Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and hit for 1 points of slashing damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! This was enough to kill it! (2016-01-31 11:25:12).
- Perverted Mental Patient, a(n) Ghoul has despawned. (2016-01-31 11:25:12).
- Perverted Mental Patient, a Ghoul, belonging to Dr. Cleaver, was killed by a defensive aura projected by Marcus Tullius Cicero! (2016-01-31 11:25:12).
- Your pet Perverted Mental Patient, a Ghoul, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! This was enough to kill it! (2016-01-31 11:25:12).
- Ghoul, belonging to Liemannen, was killed by a defensive aura projected by Marcus Tullius Cicero! (2016-01-31 11:25:12).
- Your pet Angry Psychopath, a Fossil Monstrosity, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:25:22).
- A Red Shirt, a Ghoul, belonging to Liemannen, was killed by a defensive aura projected by Marcus Tullius Cicero! (2016-01-31 11:25:22).
- Ghoul, belonging to Liemannen, was killed by a defensive aura projected by Marcus Tullius Cicero! (2016-01-31 11:25:22).
- Your pet Angry Psychopath, a Fossil Monstrosity, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! (2016-01-31 11:25:32).
- Angry Psychopath, a(n) Fossil Monstrosity has despawned. (2016-01-31 11:25:42).
- Angry Psychopath, a Fossil Monstrosity, belonging to Dr. Cleaver, was killed by a defensive aura projected by Marcus Tullius Cicero! (2016-01-31 11:25:42).
- Your pet Angry Psychopath, a Fossil Monstrosity, attacked Marcus Tullius Cicero and missed. They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! Your pet takes 7 points of electric damage! This was enough to kill it! (2016-01-31 11:25:42).
- Fossil Monstrosity, belonging to Nevyrrl, was killed by a defensive aura projected by Marcus Tullius Cicero! (2016-01-31 11:25:52).
- Fossil Monstrosity, belonging to Liemannen, was killed by a defensive aura projected by Marcus Tullius Cicero! (2016-01-31 11:25:52).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked you and missed! (2016-01-31 11:26:03).
- Tillinghast projected an powerful aura that has caused an unholy intimidation to settle upon the area. (2016-01-31 11:26:09).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked you and missed! (2016-01-31 11:26:12).
- Tillinghast said, "I thought I should rush home to die." (2016-01-31 11:26:36).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked Ghoul, killing them! (2016-01-31 11:26:53).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked Ancient Gremlin, killing them! (2016-01-31 11:27:02).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked Ghoul, killing them! (2016-01-31 11:27:12).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked Thai Fighter, killing them! (2016-01-31 11:27:42).
- Tillinghast sits down a sings a song about gold. (2016-01-31 11:27:45).
- (3 times) Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked you and missed! (2016-01-31 11:28:22).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked you and hit for 8 points of holy damage. (2016-01-31 11:28:32).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked Annie, The dark child, killing them! (2016-01-31 11:28:32).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked you and missed! (2016-01-31 11:28:42).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked you and hit for 8 points of holy damage. (2016-01-31 11:28:52).
- (2 times) Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked you and missed! (2016-01-31 11:29:11).
- (2 times) Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked you and hit for 9 points of holy damage. (2016-01-31 11:29:31).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked Monona, killing them! (2016-01-31 11:29:31).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked Mick Connors, killing them! (2016-01-31 11:29:32).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked you and hit for 10 points of holy damage. (2016-01-31 11:29:41).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked Hunson Abadeer, killing them! (2016-01-31 11:29:42).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked you and missed! (2016-01-31 11:29:52).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked Joseph Smith, killing them! (2016-01-31 11:30:02).
- (2 times) Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked you and missed! (2016-01-31 11:30:12).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked Isabel Hasheen, killing them! (2016-01-31 11:30:12).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked Jennifer Owens, killing them! (2016-01-31 11:30:12).
- Marcus Tullius Cicero finishes smashing ugly forts, and sits back to look at the geometry. (2016-01-31 11:30:14).
- (3 times) Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked you and missed! (2016-01-31 11:30:42).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked Liemannen, killing them! (2016-01-31 11:30:42).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked you and hit for 10 points of holy damage. (2016-01-31 11:30:52).
- Judgemaster, belonging to Sanatio, attacked Nahash, killing them! (2016-01-31 11:30:53).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked you and missed! (2016-01-31 11:31:03).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked you and hit for 10 points of holy damage. (2016-01-31 11:31:03).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked Tillinghast, killing them! (2016-01-31 11:31:03).
- (2 times) Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked you and missed! (2016-01-31 11:31:12).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked you and hit for 10 points of holy damage. This was enough to kill you! (2016-01-31 11:31:22).

The cost of letting that happen three times a week... yeah for xp / badge grinding and hunting, it is ineffective and Redundant! I know exactly what redundant means.

I also know the method of being pedantic. Wink

I also know when someone is deflecting an issue.

I am also Intelligent enough to know a reacuring system that dosen't work in the favor of gameplay. I get next to no xp, waste huge amounts of MP / ap maintaing a pet wall, for what... The above? All our Lichs did their was circle jerk the tank.

I have no problem with that, if the wall didn't cost so much in time and resorce. For its defence it is currantly not worth the PM doing so. They yield more out feral grinding that benifits the lich in xp, badges and gaining resorces.

So yeah, Redundant. I can prove it in a week SH sitting, compaired to a week feral grinding. Ironically I die less on Cleaver feral grinding!
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No part of that log would indicate that anything else was performing the same function and therefore making them redundant.

Ok, seriously dude. I've checked your forum history. In all the times you've used the word Redundant (well over 40 times), you've used it correctly exactly 0 times. You appear to think it means the same as "pointless" or "useless". It does not.

According to Webster:

Quote:

Simple Definition of redundant

: repeating something else and therefore unnecessary

Full Definition of redundant

a : exceeding what is necessary or normal : superfluous
b : characterized by or containing an excess; specifically : using more words than necessary
c : characterized by similarity or repetition <a group of particularly redundant brick buildings>
d chiefly British : no longer needed for a job and hence laid off

: profuse, lavish

: serving as a duplicate for preventing failure of an entire system (as a spacecraft) upon failure of a single component

I'm going to be honest here. When you throw out that word incorrectly, it doesn't add to your post or help you make any point. It makes you look like you have no idea what you're saying. That's just been something that's been bothering me for a while.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaelCleap wrote:

REDUNDANT!

Quote:

- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked Thai Fighter, killing them! (2016-01-31 11:27:42).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked Annie, The dark child, killing them! (2016-01-31 11:28:32).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked Monona, killing them! (2016-01-31 11:29:31).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked Mick Connors, killing them! (2016-01-31 11:29:32).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked Hunson Abadeer, killing them! (2016-01-31 11:29:42).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked Joseph Smith, killing them! (2016-01-31 11:30:02).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked Isabel Hasheen, killing them! (2016-01-31 11:30:12).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked Jennifer Owens, killing them! (2016-01-31 11:30:12).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked Liemannen, killing them! (2016-01-31 11:30:42).
- Judgemaster, belonging to Sanatio, attacked Nahash, killing them! (2016-01-31 11:30:53).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked Tillinghast, killing them! (2016-01-31 11:31:03).
- Judgemaster, belonging to a patronising old man, attacked you and hit for 10 points of holy damage. This was enough to kill you! (2016-01-31 11:31:22).

Here, I made that log easier to read for you. I would agree that this is strong evidence in the case of whether or not petmasters are viable or underpowered or "redundant" in a raid setting.
GreatCatatonic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's one thing that pet walls do for defense that they don't get credit for: discouraging smaller or less-organized raid teams.

"How 'bout we raid Faction X?" "They've got three Liches and two WMs; I doubt we could handle it."

Also, having been on a raid team that lost its tank (an IB, to boot) to a pet wall, I'm even less inclined to agree that they're useless.

Thirdly, having seen recapper after recapper die to a pet horde instantly after snatching a standard, it just says to me that that could be any raider who steps in at the wrong time. Suddenly a raid team is down 20% of its power and success is questionable. Doesn't happen all that often, but that's still one less cap.

What I take away from this is that Rael should just quit bothering keeping up a giant pet horde. Keep a smaller one or don't keep one at all; just summon pets for attacking. I, for one, will keep my Judgemaster army well-lubricated and ready for either.

--Great
MerlintheTuna

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything Great & Eagle said, +1.

And to add to that, petwalls add a crucial amount of TIME to raid defense. As long as you have a handful of pets present, raiding PMs can't safely step inside for fear of drawing aggro. Given that a PM brings far and away the most killing power to a raid, that's roughly equal to having a second set of forts to pound through.

Edit: Wait a second, why are we even talking about petmasters again? This is wildly off topic.
Saint_Jimmy
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also - if you snipe the tank while they're tanking as an active, suddenly the pets are targeting the unprepared squishies.

And speaking as someone who has tanked a fair few times, you *generally* need healing to survive. Misjudge that and you've messed up the raid.
Edith

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skoffin wrote:
Another issue with raiding: renown.

I totally agree Skoffin. It's like a huge pyramid scheme. Small factions bust their butts trying to accumulate renown. Larger faction raid and take all that renown. Want a larger safe? Planar immunity? Forget it. You won't be able to save it. Even if as a small faction you have the ability to raid, good luck finding a small faction you can hit who has any renown you can take.

Best thing to encourage more diversity of factions and therefore more raid targets would be to remove the renown loss on being capped.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Game Mechanics Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: