Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Murdercon Mafia Game Thread
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Murdercon Mafia Game Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadok
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I call Pika to the stand

"Oh, sorry, thought I was in a Vault of Enlightenment, not someone's booze cabinet." -Kharn
Pikanchion
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's just... Not much to go on here, all we've really learnt today is UsernamePending's action failed last night, and Wozzy really was a Bodyguard. Largely because of this I suggested it was possibly time for a mass claim as we have basically nothing to go on, invisime was also in favour of this but JackWest disagreed, and nobody else made any comment.

Everything else has been an argument between Niphy and JackWest over whether Yukari was a sensible kill for scum or not, a subject that is actually rather irrelevant to our situation. To me the whole thing feels like a distraction preventing us from actually learning anything about anybody...

So here's where I'm at:

-invisime I'm fairly sure is town, mainly because their role is proven and appears to serve as town's investigator, rather than their actions which have been a little shady at times
-UsernamePending possibly town, mainly again based on role, let's say it's true that they don't learn what their new abilities do (something which I see no reason to make up) then with invisime's role being present it sort of fits I guess

-Everybody else I've got nothing basically
UsernamePending
Custom Title
Custom Title

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna prod army for thoughts. I know they've been somewhat active, but I really want to hear what they have to say.
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: HOW IS 42 KILLS AN A
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: FOURTY TWO
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: FOURTY TWOOOO
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: IS ONLY AN A
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: HOW DO YOU GET AN S ON LEBLANC
Armykid500

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think invisme should lead the lynch because he seems to be the closest to a confirmed town that we have.

I think UNP is third party because a thief is a thief.

Niphy might be maf but idk something feels off, we've gone with the first choice lynch the last 2 times and this might be mylo so didn't really want to give the 2nd to last vote on them and then let scum end the game.

Suspicious of Shadok and Pika atm but I have no evidence against them, their lack of posts at the beginning of this day when we got close to lynching Niphy just bugs me. Felt like they just planned to let town kill itself which is what I would do as scum in this situation I think.

For what its worth I know JackWest's role name, I don't know what they can do or their alignment though. Seems like it could go either way. It's 2 words, first starts with T second starts with R. It doesnt scream murderer but could be working with scum...

I think its interesting to note that Saint_Jimmy didn't get to use an ability if he had one on night 1. I'm not sure if this just rules him out as scum since it feels like it would be in the interest of a balanced game to let him take his night 1 action and talk with his partner if he was mafia. Not sure if it's wise to read too far into that though.
JackWest

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armykid500 wrote:
For what its worth I know JackWest's role name

This gets funny for me to confirm. My role PM isn't exactly straightforward about the exact name of my role. It actually seems to give me 2 entirely different names. It's hard to tell which is my actual role name. The only indication I have about my role name in my role PM is that it is capitalized and comes shortly after the words similar to "you are a". This happens twice in my role PM when it refers to me in the flavor fluff.

Armykid500 wrote:
It's 2 words,

Correct on both accounts.

Armykid500 wrote:
first starts with T

Incorrect as far as the first name given is concerned, correct for the second.

Armykid500 wrote:
second starts with R.

Correct for the first name given, incorrect on the second name given.

I think your next step is to go back to the mod and ask them to verify your result. I've already asked the mod to clarify what my actual role name is for me. But right now you've hit enough correct notes for it to hardly be a coincidence. Maybe the mod just got mixed up and somehow combined the two names when giving them to you? Lets get some feedback from the mod first to clarify my role name to me and clarify your results to you, then we'll compare notes again.
JackWest

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got clarification from the mod. My actual role name is a combination of the 2 names I was given. This fits in perfectly with what Army just described and makes him entirely correct. This therefore confirms that Army can indeed learn the names of other people since I didn't even know that was my proper name until I asked for clarification.

Ok Army, presumably you have results from both nights, right? Is the other person you looked at still alive as well?
Armykid500

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. I can only perform my ability every other night. I only have 1 result and I won't be able to do anything tonight. I have a hunch that I will be able to use it every night once some kind of condition is fulfilled and the part of my role that is unknown to me is revealed but I don't know that condition so welp.
Saint_Jimmy
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armykid500 wrote:

I think its interesting to note that Saint_Jimmy didn't get to use an ability if he had one on night 1. I'm not sure if this just rules him out as scum since it feels like it would be in the interest of a balanced game to let him take his night 1 action and talk with his partner if he was mafia. Not sure if it's wise to read too far into that though.

Doesn't rule me out either way, honestly. There's the "It wouldn't have been fair to prevent scum from talking/doing stuff N1", but someone could argue that "Hey, you couldn't act N1 and there wasn't a kill" - of course, that would rely on there only being one scum, which is unlikely in a game this size and it would be *incredibly* unfair.

Armykid - does that mean you couldn't act on N1?

Other thoughts - Invisime... more I think about it, less sure I am about him. His role seems towny to me, and him and UNP can't have nightchat (because otherwise they'd be whispering this information to each other if they're scummy). His "accidental" hammering of Wozzy seemed scummy to me, but more I think about it, less sure I am that he *is* scum and the more I think it was actually just an accident.

Niphy - I don't really know. His insistence about Yukari being a good choice for scum to kill could be an overly defensive scum, or could be a townie just disagreeing with Jack's assessment. I'm not sure about Jack either. Armykid's statement that their role name could be either scum or town doesn't really help either way.

UNP - Stealing powers from dead people doesn't seem towny to me, but then again it was a town role in Fallout Mafia, so who the hell knows?

Also, sorry for being kinda quiet/not very helpful. Still kinda new to Mafia and didn't really have much to say.
Armykid500

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint_Jimmy wrote:

Armykid - does that mean you couldn't act on N1?

Other thoughts - Invisime... more I think about it, less sure I am about him. His role seems towny to me, and him and UNP can't have nightchat (because otherwise they'd be whispering this information to each other if they're scummy). His "accidental" hammering of Wozzy seemed scummy to me, but more I think about it, less sure I am that he *is* scum and the more I think it was actually just an accident.

Niphy - I don't really know. His insistence about Yukari being a good choice for scum to kill could be an overly defensive scum, or could be a townie just disagreeing with Jack's assessment. I'm not sure about Jack either. Armykid's statement that their role name could be either scum or town doesn't really help either way.

That's what i meant to imply from my previous post yes.

If invisime isn't town then town would get no confirmation of dead people's roles at all which I refuse to accept. No benefit in believing he could be maf at this point as far as I can see.

JackWest's role name isn't something like 'TRANSYLVANIAN RIPPER' so I'm pretty sure they are not one of the main murderers. The second from what I can tell isn't that uncommon but I'm iffy on the alignment because the first (descriptor) word seems like it could be scummy. I think its probably best to look for the killers in the rest of the pile if anything. I'm 99% sure they aren't one of the main killers at least unless mafia is actually disguised to me which seems unlikely since my power is underwhelming to begin with. I guess I could reveal it but seems better to let JackWest do it himself unless he doesnt want to and everyone wants to know.
JackWest

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that really bugs me about Invisime is this post:

invisime wrote:
JackWest wrote:
Why make vanilla townies when you can just give them stuff like that?

I take it that you, like me, are underwhelmed with the power of your given role?

Isn't the power of his given role "you are the only one who actually sees the roles of the dead people"?

It kind of bugs me that first invisime was saying the power he was given was really underwhelming, and then when he actually claims, he claims something so impressive, important, and amazing, everyone goes I refuse to accept Invisime as anything except town. What's the deal with that?
Shadok
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, it's becoming clear that we're not getting anywhere. I'm going to have to take a chance to get things moving or else we'll hit the deadline with nothing happening.

My role is a kind of cop-esque role, in that I investigate people. However instead of alignment, I'm informed of their capacity to perform a Nightkill. This is irrespective of their actual siding, so I could pick up a nonkilling mafia as harmless or a vigilante as a murderer.

Anyway, so to try help along, these are what I've learned over the nights:
Night 1: Username Pending: Unable to kill.
Night 2: JackWest: Unable to kill.

It's not much to go on, but it does second Army's claim that Jack isn't secretly sniping us all. It also means that despite how scummy UNP's claim is, he's not the nightkiller. It removes two potential candidates for today's lynch.

Investigators really should check Invisime although. I'll do so tonight if I survive, unless someone else can present a better idea (in which case I'll go with that)

This brings our suspect list somewhat to this:

Confirmed non killer:
Jackwest (Armykid via rolename, me via power)
Username pending: "Thief" - Steals dead roles powers

Probably not a killer based on current claims:
Invisime - Investigates the dead
Armykid500 - Confirmed investigator
Shadok - See above, detects ability to nightkill.

Still suspect:
Pikanchion -?
Saint_Jimmy -?
Niphy -?

"Oh, sorry, thought I was in a Vault of Enlightenment, not someone's booze cabinet." -Kharn

Last edited by Shadok on Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
UsernamePending
Custom Title
Custom Title

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadok wrote:

Night 1: Username Pending:

I believe his claim. Laughing
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: HOW IS 42 KILLS AN A
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: FOURTY TWO
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: FOURTY TWOOOO
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: IS ONLY AN A
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: HOW DO YOU GET AN S ON LEBLANC
JackWest

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's really interesting.

I was trying to oppose mass claims before because with the bodyguard dead, I assumed there would be no protection for investigative roles. Right now I'm not entirely certain if that is the case anymore, and we're kind in a spot where there is not much more to lose. So....

That T? R? role name Armykid got on me? Army, feel free to tell everyone what it is.

Here is how it works: Every night I can snoop around and follow someone, and determine who they visit, but not what they do. Results thus far:

Night 1: Pikanchion visited Shadok
Night 2: Shadok visited me

This matches up with what Shadok said he did that night, and also removes Pika from the list since Shadok appears to not be dead and we have no reason to believe he was protected.

What makes this really interesting is we have a lot of investigative roles, but all a bit on the weak side. If I'm right, tracking the mafia to their kill only works on the single mafia who performs the kill. This means that shadok and I are both only capable of finding whichever mafia is able to perform the nightkill. Armykid gets names, but nothing else, and has to make guesses or call out people when they lie about their roleclaim. While this seems a bit heavy on investigative roles, it also kind of makes sense because we're all weak investigation roles.

That removes Pikanchion from that suspect list, at least for now. For all we know anyone on the investigated list could simply be the partner, and thus appears innocent since they're not killing anyone. And it means that between Saint_Jimmy and Niphy, 1 of them would need to be the mafia's nightkiller. So, my vote stands on the one who got uppity when I said the mafia was really stupid about their nightkill. If it's not Niphy, it has to be Saint_Jimmy.
Armykid500

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.

BREAKING NEWS: IS THE MAYOR HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH A KILLER???

JackWest is the Tabloid Reporter.

Side note for the record:
You know thinking back on day 2 after there was no nightkill and then when Yukari revealed that they made Wozzy untargatable/roleblocked I commented on how if somebody did target Wozzy they should have considered that he's died early on in the last few recent games. This is one of the reasons that made me think that they had a good chance to just being a scum that got roleblocked. Most of us in this game have been in the last few games to witness the 'kill Wozzy phenomena' except... Niphy... It's nothing concrete but this combined with niphy's weird behavior gives me the feeling that they are probably just inexperienced scum here. I'll hold off on voting in case something changes.

(sorry to Niphy if you've actually played a bunch of games on this forum, I don't really read games I'm not in)
invisime

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just a note to let people know I'm still reading the thread, but haven't had the time to finish up my analysis. There's a big deadline at work that hits the day after tomorrow.

Next time I post, I'll be voting for someone. It may or may not be Niphy.

Speaking of whom... Niphy, what is your native language? It doesn't seem like it's English, and accordingly, I want to give you some benefit of the doubt tone-wise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: