Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Cult of the Goo Monster Game Thread: Town Wins
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cult of the Goo Monster Game Thread: Town Wins
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject: Cult of the Goo Monster Game Thread: Town Wins Reply with quote

Things had been on-edge in town for the past few days, a nearby town had been pretty much wiped off the map and there were some really disturbing rumors about that. Some people were talking about a quarantine the government had set up around the other town. some people talked about alien invaders. Some people thought it was some abomination against nature that science had created and the only way to save ourselves is for you to give up modern comforts. Things finally got serious when mayor Teksura turned up missing, and all that was found in his office was a slimy trail of goo.

Whatever it may be, something is threatening the town. and it falls to the townies themselves to stop it.

Rules

1. Days will be as long as they need to be. Deadlines may be put into place if things are slowing down; however, the town can vote for an extension should this happen. Nights will be NO MORE than 48 hours - if all actions are in, day will start early.
  2. When voting, remember to bold your votes! Remember to Bold your unvotes as well.
  3. FEEL FREE TO EDIT OR DELETE POSTS! I really don't give a damn. Just be aware that anytime you do so after someone has replied to you, there is a big message saying you edited the post. You edit at your own risk; if you're caught editing an old post, people may demand to know why.
  4. After you die you can make one post that cannot contain any information about the game.
  5. You may not post in the thread at night. (I will post saying when it is night and when it is day once more) It is not officially night until I have made my post, so you may continue to freely post after a lynch is made, before I declare it night. This period is usually refereed to as Twilight.
  6. Every player has to make at least one post per day (in-game days. If you can't make a vote for whatever reason, PM me and we'll work something out)
  7. Play to your win condition. I shouldn't need to say this, but don't ruin the game because you hate your side.
  8. Don't copy/paste information from me unless specified as such. I shouldn't need to say this, either. This also includes trying to pick apart the specific wording of a role PM. I don't want anyone asking anyone else "what is the 6th word in your win condition line". That won't work anyway.
  9. READ READ READ. As my sole bit of advice to you all, I say that it never hurts to re-read the whole game to get a good idea of what is going on. I'll be linking to the start of each day in the first post to encourage re-reading.
  10. Do not discuss the game outside of the thread with anyone unless I specifically say you can.

1. EagleWiz
  2. Azure
  3. invisime

Dead:

Last edited by Teksura on Wed May 11, 2016 5:07 pm; edited 19 times in total
Tomppa
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First!

Also, I have no idea why I agreed to this again.

Vote Shadok because I can't remember when I last have done so.
(That's from Dracula, by Stoker.)
Wozzy
Misinformation Meme Machine

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Some people thought it was some abomination against nature that science had created and the only way to save ourselves is for you to give up modern comforts.

Hmm, potential "Goo Monster" Mafia sided Cult and third party "Neo-Luddism" cult in the same game?

Also: the thirteen sided die told me to Vote: Pikachion.
Saint_Jimmy
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously Wozzy needs to die tonight. It's a tradition! Vote: Wozzy
Wozzy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I'm supposed to be lynched D2 and flip bodyguard, remember?
Saint_Jimmy
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You make a compelling argument. As you are clearly our bodyguard, I will unvote you until tomorrow. Or maybe D3, depending on the circumstances. Unvote: Wozzy

In this case, I'd better Vote: Skoffin - clearly the RNG will make her the Goo Monster again, right?
invisime

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vote: BlackHeartKabal.

I have my reasons.
BlackHeartKabal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vote: Shadok
As do I.

Since there's no real information day one, it's going to be mostly speculation and questions. So I ask the eternal mafia question -
D1 Lynch, giving info but statistically likely to kill town?
Or D1 No Lynch, preserving life but denying possible info?

I'm on my phone. My speculation begins when I get home.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vote: Tompaa for making the first post.
BlackHeartKabal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speculation follows.

The goo is the primary antagonist. I'd be really surprised if they weren't A cult leader and a mafioso all in one. As it's day one, they're either alone ( and probably have an immunity to protect themselves ), or have cultists at the start for use. Depending on the amount of free will the goo cultists have and the willingness for the goo to personally "intervene" in flavour, they either kill through goo ("Oh shit Armykid500 is found eviscerated by tentacles and covered in goo"), religiously/sacrifices (Saint_Jimmy is found crucified and disemboweled on a round cross), or mundanely (invisime got the shit beat out of him with a lead pipe ).

The Government would notice goo murder in another town, so depending on how benevolent they are, the Government has a presence either through independent investigator/s, a Vigilante, two Masons, a lone Serial Killer to cover things up, or an entire Mafia Kill Team. If it's the last two, the kill flavour would probably be good ol' fashioned assault rifles.

"Whatever it may be, something is threatening the town. and it falls to the townies themselves to stop it."

As (hopefully) everyone knows, the town is, well, the town.
Custom Title
Custom Title

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vote: Skoffin.He'd obviously kill the real Skoffin!
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: HOW IS 42 KILLS AN A
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: FOURTY TWO
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: FOURTY TWOOOO
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: IS ONLY AN A
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: HOW DO YOU GET AN S ON LEBLANC
Shadok
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another possibility, expanding on BHK's theories is that the goo itself is not the main threat, the threat is from the cultists worshiping it. The goo's previous appearance was benign, merely ensuring nobody could harm it. It'd not be too out of character for the cultists to kill Mayor Teksura and fill the place with goo as a sign of their faith.

I'd like to hear Invisime and BHK's "reasons" for their votes although, it'd be interesting to see what bullcrap they pull out of their hats to defend a D1 vote Laughing

"Oh, sorry, thought I was in a Vault of Enlightenment, not someone's booze cabinet." -Kharn
UsernamePending
Custom Title
Custom Title

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadok wrote:
Another possibility, expanding on BHK's theories is that the goo itself is not the main threat, the threat is from the cultists worshiping it. The goo's previous appearance was benign, merely ensuring nobody could harm it. It'd not be too out of character for the cultists to kill Mayor Teksura and fill the place with goo as a sign of their faith.

I'd like to hear Invisime and BHK's "reasons" for their votes although, it'd be interesting to see what bullcrap they pull out of their hats to defend a D1 vote Laughing

Because nobody expected the Spanish inquisition and they're salty because of it?
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: HOW IS 42 KILLS AN A
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: FOURTY TWO
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: FOURTY TWOOOO
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: IS ONLY AN A
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: HOW DO YOU GET AN S ON LEBLANC
EagleWiz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vote invisime

If you already have more then one reason you clearly know something we dont and we dont take kindly to people who know more then we do round these here parts.
BlackHeartKabal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

End of CYOR wrote:
Shadok wrote:
Shadok wrote:
Shadok wrote:

The goo's previous appearance was benign

benign

UsernamePending looks around a little unsure, but BlackHeartKabal smiles.

"Jooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiin uuuuuuuuuuuuuussssssssss"

He extends an arm, covered in a slimy goo. UsernamePending turns to run but smacks straight into Skoffin. She sprays him with her mind control goo and UsernamePending quickly becomes pacified.

Why am I inclined not to believe you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 1 of 34

Jump to: