Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Redeemed advice?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Redeemed advice?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toxicology
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Redeemed advice? Reply with quote

Any thoughts on the joys of the Redeemed (you can purchase a Free Angel with your Frequent Murder Miles)? I'm thinking archery, because that's what the character did a breath or two ago, but since I've invested almost no CP in much of anything yet, I could be persuaded to stab, punch, or shoot demons for XP. Oh, and morality and saving the world, too, of course. Because, you know, SUPER ANGELIC and all about DOING GOOD, you bet.
SocialJusticeWarrior

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've heard, the archery Redeemed is the effective Redeemed. Moteless Eye is a very helpful trick for fighting dodgy people (an ES can reliably get a 47% ranged defense, so find an evil one and you can take that and shove it up his ass) and if you're gonna be raiding then Radiant Storm is a very fine AoE attack that also makes you better at killing if you use it at the right time. Meanwhile, Candle of the Soul's damage is a bit underwhelming and its effect of blocking hiding and invisibility is only useful if you're in live combat with someone who is attempting to hide from you instead of trying to kill you or running away, and Lamp of Clinging Purity is like a reveal that you can only use once or twice before you've been beaten to shit.

Be a Pariah during T2 since Remembrance of Demonhood's bonuses depend on which T2 demon class you picked. You'll definitely want that extra damage for any Infernal Behemoths you meet. On the other hand, if you're in a faction, if you're a Defiler in T2 and you buy Life/Soul Vampire then you could join a good faction and drop back to evil MO to become a reliable source of ice.
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SocialJusticeWarrior wrote:
FMeanwhile, Candle of the Soul's damage is a bit underwhelming and its effect of blocking hiding and invisibility is only useful if you're in live combat with someone who is attempting to hide from you instead of trying to kill you or running away,

Maybe, but the XP it gives is fantastic.

- You use the candle of your soul to set alight the darkness in the soul of A Scanner Darkly, causing him to become illuminated with a pale blue light! You gain 10 experience points! You also hit for 4 points of fire damage. His armor soaked 9 points of damage. You gain 4 XP. (2016-05-03 07:15:40).

Redeemed is presently not a class you try and build for any reason other than you woke up one day and went "I would like to play a Redeemed". It is underdeveloped, that is the honest truth. That said, it can be fun if you want to make it fun.

If you want to min-max your way through it, play a Seraph for the soak, or a Herald for the raw damage, or the Archons for... well, all the crazy stuff Archons get. But if you want to play a Redeemed for giggles (which, in my opinion, is the best possible reason to want to play any class), then you really ought to just find something that makes you giggle.

Candle of the Soul does 7 fire damage which is only slightly better than your fists and it does cost you 3 HP every swing which means you'll be working your way towards that sweet sweet damage taken CP, and providing your healers with some work, giving them XP and putting them closer to their HP healed badge! In addition, you get to light people up like a Christmas tree and get a whole lot of free XP in the deal. Also remember that lit Christmas trees are notoriously easy to punch, so so that's something.

Fists of Holy Resolve adds another +2 damage to their hand to hand attacks and also another +20% to hit, making you really really likely to hit. And as a happy bonus, you can chose to take even more damage in order to deal more damage with your attack that by this point is almost certain to hit.

Lamp of Clinging Purity is a really really really expensive version of Reveal. And exactly 2 characters have this skill and they may or may not be admin characters. So you'd be joining an elite club of people willing to spend 60 CP to cast a really expensive version of Reveal anytime they like. Until their morality runs out. Or their health. But probably their morality.

Holy Fortitude and Favored Son of Earth are great skills to pick up. They will raise your HP to a fairly significant degree, meaning anyone attacking you gets more XP in the deal, making you directly responsible for there being more high level targets to murder later. Plus, that means you take more damage each death, and get to grind out that damage taken badge more efficiently. Favored Son of Earth even gives you passive HP regeneration which gets even better if your MP or AP is already at max. And just to help you get max MP, it goes and reduces your MP cap as well so you're sure to regenerate like nobody else can!

All of that HP really pays off when you activate Mask of the Martyr, which is great for pointing and laughing at the poor demon who just lost their powers because they weren't watching their morality go through the roof for attacking you. I mean, you'll probably be doing that laughing from the void, but that Void Walker won't be walking through any walls anymore! At least not until they have punched someone else to death.

Crossbow of Cold Resolve is impressive and does 12 damage to begin with, that's 4 damage above a Long Bow! It even has all the benefits of dealing 3 damage to you for every attack which I described above.

Moteless Eye is a nice Archery option that ignores defense, and considering how some people who shall remain nameless like to deck themselves out with enchanted armor to give themselves an extra +12% defense, this might be a pretty good thing to pick up, just so you can mock people for bothering with enchanted armor that you can now ignore.

Exactly 1 person presently has Radiant Storm and that may or may not be Shadok's admin character. So you'd be in an EXTRA exclusive club of people who can produce a large scale AOE and then gain an attack buff at the same time!

Wrathful Smite is a fun, and kind of random charge attack that occasionally has you losing control and reverting back to your demonic nature to deal EVEN MORE DAMAGE... In unholy form. At a greater morality cost. So there is actually a chance of accidentally falling from grace because you let your demonic past get the better of you. Be careful about that.
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You discovered my dark secret: I am in it for the giggles. I am fairly certain that (until now) I have hidden this fact.

I am not averse to also having a combat skill that might do some damage from time to time. I have already experimented with combat that does my character more damage than my "victim" since it turns out that some unsporting characters have no Advanced Thrown Weapons skill, but do have a Burning Aura. Also, armor. And hit points.

I would like to get the Healer badge for my Void Walker, speaking of giggles. The Demon Barber-Surgeon of Cimmeria.
EagleWiz

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Archery redeemed is more damage, and ignores defense but it requires arrows. Hand to Hand redeemed isn't too bad damage wise, (and you can get up to 5 more damage at the cost of double that in HP loss - which you naturally regenerate if you have full MP) but where it shines is the hit chance. Once you activate the buffs you can get up to 85% against most targets, 95% versus half the demons and 90% against the other half - and reduce their defense by 10% once you hit, bringing the total up to 95-105%. It's not going to be as good as archery against a NC or a ES, but if the target doesnt have high defense you will almost never miss - and where that high hit chance shines is in using Wrathful Smite - which has a high enough cost that you don't want to miss. Plus you can do up to 41 damage with a single punch*

And then there is Ultimate Suffering. For the low price of 3 levels worth of CP you can farm a fairly common alchemy component by sitting out in the open in void walker territory, and not only that, you will be the only one doing so.

*7 from lamp + 2 elite attack + 2 mask of vengeance + 2 fists of resolve +5 at the cost of 10 HP from fists of resolve + 3 remembrance of demon-hood + 20 from wrathful smite.
toxicology
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking archery just because I already have a H2H character and a thrown-weapons character in the works, and a probably not murdering very much at all ever character (weird, but there you are).

Also, I have not had a pet master in a month of Sundays, memo to self.
Wozzy
Misinformation Meme Machine
Misinformation Meme Machine

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear thrown weapon Lich builds are the new cool. Gun-heralds are so last month.
Saint_Jimmy
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thrown weapon tank lich is the best lich. Grab all the dodge skills, grab simulacrum, grab Soul Harvest to generate ammo, and you have a lich with about as much dodge as an ES, *with* an aura and an incredibly versatile innate, which you can use for shooting targets, setting up as a target and summoning corpses!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Build Advice All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: