Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - 'I'm Watching You...' Mafia Game Thread: Mafia Win!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'I'm Watching You...' Mafia Game Thread: Mafia Win!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you like to see another of these run, and if so, would you participate?
Yes, I would like to see another of these run and would like to participate.
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
Yes, I would like to see another of these run but I would not like to participate.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No, I would not like to see another of these run.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Buttercup

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no! We lost our serial killer! I mean... we lost an innocent villager! This scourge must be stopped once and for all.

I guess everyone is waiting for someone else to make the first post of the day. Either that, or they have better things to do on a Saturday.

Well, I said earlier I thought BlackHeartKabal is scum. So... BHK, who do you want to accuse of being scum?
BlackHeartKabal

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, considering we have absolutely nothing to go off of, I'll accuse Pikanchion.
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, well then either I accuse Buttercup and we have a weird three way stalemate situation, or I accuse BlackHeartKabal back. Oh my god, you suck BlackHeartKabal! =P
Buttercup

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...

I was kinda hoping that BHK would push a little harder, saying things like, Pika, you haven't talked much, you're lying low, therefore scum! and there could have been a bit of back and forth between the two of them to help me confirm my suspicions before voting.

I think Pika's just not very talkative this game.

Alright, I'll ask: Pika - why've you been so quiet?
Pikanchion
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's really not been much to say for most of the time I've been around, the day following this post I found myself without internet access and so missed the continuation of the discussion between Teksura and BlackHeartKabal, by the time I came back we had an uncontested cop who knew the identity of one of the scum and there wasn't really anything to add. If it was BlackHeartKabal's plan to trick the town into lynching that day it had certainly been neutralised by invisime taking control of the situation. After, a full day was spent on the code plan which didn't really require input, and the Saint_Jimmy lynch that followed was without much discussion from anybody (but then it didn't really need any).

Which brings us to now, where all we have to go on beyond a random lynch is activity or post content, and while you've been fairly active and made fairly large posts, the content of your posts has been largely empty speculation or reiteration of what others have said Buttercup. Meanwhile much of the content of BlackHeartKabal's either confusing or wrong prior to invisime's reveal, and not particularly noteworthy afterwards (apart from possibly something involving deleted messages? Can somebody explain what this and the following posts were all about?
Buttercup

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. In regards to this post and thereabouts.

To me it had looked like a panic vote on BHK's part after seeing the leak to hurry up and end the day without any further discussion. Then Saint_Jimmy voted and I figured, well, day's gonna end anyway, so I'll just add to the no-lynch.

I was typing up something - I assumed everything was in order and was gonna vote "no lynch", then I saw Teksura's post and then invisime's post before they each deleted their post, - basically Tek accusing BHK of being scum for jumping on the no-lynch train before we had a chance to make sure everyone got their code words.

I forget what exactly invisime said, but what Teksura quoted is accurate/part of it.

----

So, after some thought trying to figure out what I wanted to say now after seeing those (now deleted) posts. I didn't want to make the day end if someone still wanted to talk. invisime already had claimed cop and pointed to Saint_Jimmy, so in the event of his death, his opinion was made known. So, figuring the day was going to end soon with a no-lynch, I voted for BlackHeartKabal so that in the event of my death, my opinion would have been made known.

I *think* if Teksura unvoted before UNP came along to do the vote count, the day would have continued. I suggested it. Teksura didn't unvote. I can only assume he wanted to point out how scummy BHK seemed for jumping the gun rather than *really* needing another PM.

invisime didn't unvote. But, being as (we now know) he was the cop, I'm sure he figured he had sent out however many PMs he *actually* needed to.

As an aside, "turducken" was in my list of words. Which was also one of the words in the leaked message invisime sent to Tek. (The other two weren't in my list.)

Obviously Saint_Jimmy's not gonna unvote, the finger's on him. BHK also did not unvote. Teksura did *say* he needed another PM. Why didn't *BHK* unvote long enough for Tek to make sure things were sorted?

Pika didn't say anything in regards to the plan, or even whether he got a PM... Even if BHK thought Tek was a BSing scum and his "I need another PM" thing was nonsense, why not wait for Pika?

Vote: BlackHeartKabal if you were town, on day one, you would have asked if Pika wanted/needed to speak/given Pika a chance to speak before pushing for the day to end.

----
Quote:
or reiteration of what others have said, Buttercup

Great minds think alike. Fools seldom differ. : P
Pikanchion
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, well then I guess I'll Vote: BlackHeartKabal.
UsernamePending
Custom Title
Custom Title

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the event anyone has enough votes to be lynched, the lynch will process. Hence why Pikanchion is able to shoot BHK without resistance and end Buttercup's life while they celebrate over what they thought to be the end of the mafia.

The Mafia team of Saint_Jimmy and Pikanchion wins!
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: HOW IS 42 KILLS AN A
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: FOURTY TWO
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: FOURTY TWOOOO
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: IS ONLY AN A
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: HOW DO YOU GET AN S ON LEBLANC
UsernamePending
Custom Title
Custom Title

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a few things happened.

-The 3 most controversial people for mafia right now (in my opinion, don't judge) all rolled Villager.
-The only whispers throughout the game were the ones Invisime sent, all in one burst.
-The cop visited both mafia members on the 2 nights he was alive.

The results of the roll are not directly available to me as I didn't bother to save them. ._.

I kinda wish Shadok had lived longer because he was kinda hyped up to get into the character of the Watcher I had described to him.

Night actions and their respective PMs:
Note that if a PM is missing it is because I was sent a message over Steam and not NC.

Night 1:
Shadok: Watch Teksura
Invisime: Check Saint_Jimmy
Saint_Jimmy: Kill Shadok
Pikancion: Have Saint_Jimmy kill Shadok, Watch Teksura

Shadok wrote:
16/5/16

Hey there Journal,

Wowee, you'd not believe what happened today. Someone died! They've put us all under curfew, but that's boring. I'll be sneaking out tonight to check out the fine fellas. There's no reason to stay put when I know where they all will be tonight!

I think I'll slink over to Teksura's place and Watch what's happening.

Don't tell anyone although!

Result:
Quote:
You slink up near Teksura's house, but immediately you feel something's wrong. Instinct or paranoia, you don't know. Well, you didn't until Saint_Jimmy put a cap in your head.

You have died! You may no longer post in the thread and are free to ask me questions about who's who. Do NOT communicate outside of the thread about the thread under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES until the game is over (other than me).

invisime wrote:
Investigate: Saint Jimmy

Result:
Quote:
You go up to Saint_Jimmy's house and find out he's not around. A bit of snooping reveals a handgun with signs of being recently, as well as a bit of forged money. When about to leave, you hear a gunshot and decide it's probably not the best idea to take any of this with you.

You have discovered that Saint_Jimmy is a member of the MAFIA!

Saint_Jimmy wrote:
Hey! I think what we're gonna do is have me kill Shadok.

Result:
Quote:
You hunt Shadok through the night. Oddly enough, he wasn't home that night and you had to follow him to someone else's house. When he stops, he pulls out some binoculars, stops, and looks around a bit. Scared of being noticed, you shoot him point blank before he can stop you. You're not sure who, but you know that Shadok was Watching somebody that night.

Pikanchion did not PM me, but here is the result:
Quote:
You go to Teksura's house and see nothing out of the ordinary. Not much later, you hear Saint_Jimmy's gun going off... and he's closer than you'd expect. You book it back to the mansion before you can be noticed.

You saw nobody that night.

Day 1 Whispers:

invisime wrote:
I'm just going to give you all the messages I've sent all at once. Please note the intentional leak in the next to last one. All message titles are "I'm Watching You..." Mafia Cop Codes.

To Pikanchion, invisime wrote:
Flagfish shortnose sucker baikal oilfish sargassum fish x-ray tetra? Weeverfish sheepshead lungfish sind danio king of herring mosquitofish frilled shark salamanderfish kuhli loach barracudina mora. Shingle Fish flat loach kokanee speckled trout goatfish lefteye flounder. Mustard eel medaka eucla cod glassfish flying characin European perch American sole garden eel dwarf loach forehead brooder.
To Pikanchion, invisime wrote:

To Buttercup, invisime wrote:
Ground round alcatra pork belly meatloaf bresaola jerky turducken. Pork loin strip steak corned beef, short loin short ribs kielbasa chuck. Jowl landjaeger shoulder, sirloin tenderloin sausage boudin ham. Prosciutto venison jowl brisket, fatback tri-tip chuck swine short ribs cupim.
To Buttercup, invisime wrote:

To BlackHeartKabal, invisime wrote:
Brunch kombucha squid, hashtag meggings lo-fi artisan blog small batch farm-to-table gluten-free +1 authentic marfa. Knausgaard tofu banh mi hoodie 90's four loko, kale chips schlitz cred. Semiotics echo park food truck farm-to-table fap authentic drinking vinegar, yr next level dreamcatcher. Chillwave seitan marfa craft beer. Knausgaard mlkshk microdosing bicycle rights asymmetrical cred, tattooed small batch. Cliche sartorial cred quinoa mlkshk crucifix. Next level kale chips photo booth asymmetrical affogato vice.
To BlackHeartKabal, invisime wrote:

To Teksura, with an intentional LEAK invisime wrote:
sargassum, turducken, kombucha
To Teksura, invisime wrote:
Pikanchion, Buttercup, BlackHeartKabal

Night 2:

Invisime: Investigate Pikanchion
Saint_Jimmy: Kill Invisime
Pikanchion: Have Saint_Jimmy kill Invisime, watch Invisime

invisime wrote:
Investigate: Pikanchion

Result:
Quote:
You approach Pikanchion's house and find that he's not home. Inside, you find a firearm and a quality set of binoculars. Unfortunately for you, they are both aimed at you. Saint_Jimmy takes a shot, leaving you dead.

Saint_Jimmy wrote:
Gonna kill Invisime \o/

Result:
Quote:
You follow Invisime through the night to Pikanchion's house, where he seems to be investigating. You decide it's best you ended that with a shot to the head.

Pika again notified me via steam and did not need a PM back.

Night 3:
Pikanchion: Kill Teksura

Quote:
I will kill Teksura.

Result: <Teksura is killed, I decide to make it into overkill because Twisted Evil>

I will update the first or second post with role PMs.
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: HOW IS 42 KILLS AN A
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: FOURTY TWO
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: FOURTY TWOOOO
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: IS ONLY AN A
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: HOW DO YOU GET AN S ON LEBLANC

Last edited by UsernamePending on Sun May 22, 2016 3:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Buttercup

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I left off of/didn't post with my previous post:

I'm wondering if Tek heard what I was thinking and posted before realizing I hadn't actually posted what I was writing yet. : P Would explain why he deleted his post.

and:

Let me guess. When we played this last time, Pika actually was the scum? (Now I'm trying to figure out if I can remember how the game ended...) Does anyone remember? Did anyone write it down?
----

Looks like I remembered correctly.
Saint_Jimmy
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well played, guys!

(Sorry BHK, I intentionally voted right after you those two times to make it look like I was following your lead in the hopes it'd make you look more scummy than Pika)

And Buttercup, last time we played, Pika was a townie.
invisime

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Teksura had picked up on the fact that I was trying to make him out to look like cop. That way, I could possibly live through the night to give another report. In this case, it would've been a guilty report! Shocked
BlackHeartKabal

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buttercup wrote:
if you were town, on day one, you would have asked if Pika wanted/needed to speak/given Pika a chance to speak before pushing for the day to end.

Turns out that I wouldn't.
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

invisime wrote:
I wish Teksura had picked up on the fact that I was trying to make him out to look like cop. That way, I could possibly live through the night to give another report. In this case, it would've been a guilty report! Shocked

What makes you think I didn't? Because it sounds a lot like you missed that I was trying to make myself out to look like the real cop who was trying not to look like the cop.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teksura wrote:
What makes you think I didn't? Because it sounds a lot like you missed that I was trying to make myself out to look like the real cop who was trying not to look like the cop.

I considered that and hoped that they'd fall for it. They didn't. I do feel really damn justified in correctly investigating on N2, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: