Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - What are your picks for OP class from each T2?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What are your picks for OP class from each T2?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
invisime

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: What are your picks for OP class from each T2? Reply with quote

My perception is: Corrupters, NCs, VWs, Gun Wizards, Archons, and Divine Heralds.

EDIT: meant Divine Herald, not Divine Champion

Last edited by invisime on Thu May 19, 2016 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
toxicology
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am ill-suited to answer this question (or at least, to give a serious answer to this question--obviously my characters would produce a number of unhelpful and demonstrably silly answers).

I can make one contribution that might be helpful. Way back at the start of time (i.e., even before we reached the soon-to-be-celebrated 10-year open beta milestone), jorm designed the Void Walker to be the lowest-maintenance, simplest and most straightforward killer. His stated goal was fun for someone who wanted to log in, go murder some people, and do the same thing a few hours later or a few days later, with as little downtime as possible.

At least to my taste, the Nexus Clash incarnations of Void Walker still do that.

In jorm's design, the other T3 classes were designed for other sorts of fun, though you could get very close to the simplicity of the Void Walker with the Nexus Champion (at least, to my taste, in Nexus War--I don't recall experiencing Origami Fun in Nexus Clash). I wouldn't presume to speak for the current game designers and their intentions.

But on the general subject of OP-ness, possibly the player who is trying to get healing badges on a Void Walker in a largely demonic faction is not the best judge.
Wozzy
Misinformation Meme Machine
Misinformation Meme Machine

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Divine Heralds, or Holy Champions? Don't go all NW on us Razz
Polymphus

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think VWs are probably the worst offender - it feels like 9 times out of 10 when I wake up dead, it's a BC VW responsible. The changes to invisibility have gone a long way towards helping, but they're so much better at hunting than the other hunters it isn't funny.

The issue is though, that their speed and mobility is their whole thing. Removing it would be to change the class on such a fundamental level that they'd be unrecogniseable.

Personally, I feel like reducing their raw damage but retaining/enhancing their ability to ignore soaks/damage would be an interesting possibility. They'd still be the undisputed kings of finding targets and would still be able to laugh at tanks, but they wouldn't be quite so unstoppable against absolutely everybody.
toxicology
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, I was just thinking that I was dying to a wider variety of classes and attacks this breath. Perhaps I just expect to see Void Walkers stepping out of every corner, or perhaps it's because I enjoy the VW lifestyle myself, so when I get killed by Bad Fingernails, I can't complain. Go team VW.

I can say that I really enjoyed hunting with the Divine Herald the last time I played one.
invisime

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wozzy wrote:
Divine Heralds, or Holy Champions? Don't go all NW on us Razz
Edited.
Saint_Jimmy
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My picks would probably be Holy Champion, Lightspeaker, Nexus Champion, Lich, VW, Corruptor.

Holy Champion gets air and fire cloaks, Lightspeaker has sprites, which are stupidly broken. NC gets adaptation, Lich is Lich, although yeah, Wizard is silly with MV. VW because fuck them and destructive blow, and Corruptor is a lich with spells.
toxicology
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy, graduate seminar for Fred!

Why Destructive Blow, in particular? Just because it can completely ruin non-innate armor, and that's frustrating ("here, die, oh, and also, spend a day crafting, bwah ha ha!")? It's certainly delightful for raiding. Not as useful, I thought, for hunting.

The Skillz Police, always eager to learn.

Of course, all Pariah exits share the skill (perhaps I will take it on my Redeemed, because, reasons).
Saint_Jimmy
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only been attacked by a pariah exit with DB once, as far as I can remember, so for me it's not because of that. Destructive blow is *really* good on VWs because it's 3 times damage against wards on a class which can already get good damage. A Claws VW is, if I remember correctly, 50 damage per attack. Them being the best at hunting is a pain too, to be fair.
toxicology
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My arithmetic agrees with yours: on not-demon wards, 48 (11 base damage, 5 for unholy, times 3 charged with DB).
SocialJusticeWarrior

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toxicology wrote:
My arithmetic agrees with yours: on not-demon wards, 48 (11 base damage, 5 for unholy, times 3 charged with DB).

The unholy ward damage bonus (or holy or arcane vs. the correct kinds of wards, if you're badass enough to use the "wrong" kinds of enchanted weapons) is applied after the Destructive Blow multiplier. Don't get me wrong, 5 extra damage is nice, but if that became 15 damage vs. wards then that might make Pariahs still in T2 a bit too good at bashing. Laughing
toxicology
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough! The 1.5x bonus for T2 is pretty delightful already (for any T2 ward-basher).
Kiralio

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going exit-by-exit doesn't really make sense as going role-by-role, I think.

Tank: Seraphs can get effectively permanent 10-12 point soak to all damage, an 80%+ accuracy innate ranged attack, a better aura than IBs get, and of the three charge attacks they have access to, two are excellent and one is okay. As a Seraph I don't really need to bring anything to a raid except FAKs to do my job, and not many of those.

IBs aren't that far behind (buff the Bloodlust tree and give Whip of Torment more accuracy and they'd probably be neck and neck), it's more that comparing either of them to Eternal Soldiers is just sad.

Adept: Nexus Champions have Way of Adaptation. Holy Champions can't throw cars any more. Doom Howlers are named for an AoE ability in a game where AoE is an afterthought. With large amounts of CP they can all do some interesting/silly things, especially in terms of resilience and tanking, but NCs are the best at it because they get HP/MP regeneration and Way of Adaptation.

Hunter: Hunter balance is goofy to talk about because with every other class I'd evaluate their balance in terms of how much they contribute to the faction's ability to raid, but if you do that with Hunters you come up with "why does this role even exist."

That said, Void Walkers probably still win because their skills actually work (lol melee Revs), Destructive Blow interacts very nicely with all those +damage skills, and even after effectively losing their coolest and most defining ability they still aren't as boring as Divine Heralds.

Survivalist: Haven't played them. Won't play them until I see something that convinces me it's worth a 100 CP build tax.

Tactician: Really evenly balanced, honestly. If I had to order them I'd probably go Conduit > Advocate > Dark Oppressor but they're each good at different things.

Conduits are the best "stay at home and brew/enchant" class because a) Sorcerer's Might is the best mana generator skill that isn't Manabite and b) Wisp Form, even without its old anti-pet capabilities, is a really good travel skill and the best for component-gathering.

On the other hand, Advocates seem like another one of those classes that could do really stupid things once you start accumulating lots of extra CP, similar to Liches/NCs/Seraphs, although they're clearly more tuned towards actively supporting a raid than staying at home. Dark Oppressors seem like worse versions of Advocates... except that their debuff aura synergizes with petmasters, and blessings don't.

Petmasters: Ghouls self-replicate.

Warmage: Ghouls self-replicate, and Corruptors can steal them, and they get Manabite.
Dissident

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toxicology wrote:

They can use enchanted rifles Wink

VW for me are the best hunters. Nothing beats Cornerstep + Ether + ES.
DH comes second and Revs last. (Considering use in raids/wars) Maybe if EoD didn't get trumped my moving offplane...

Corruptors and Wizards battle for top spot in Warmages just because of the utility Wizards can bring to the table.

Seraphs for mindless Tanking, also the amount of potions that you can save by depending on a seraph tank. IB would be my last because you can't depend on external Healing. ES in good faction in the right mix of classes could be awesome. But if he'll be depending only on himself then we can't even call him a tank :V

Lich for Petmaster (Like Kiralio said: Ghouls Replicate and regens on hit). LS with full Sprite tree could compete for that spot.

NC for Adept. Good Psuedo Role in everything. Give this dude alchemy and you won't need anything else Razz

Howlers would be the most useless for me lol.

Survivalist, I don't even know what they bring in a faction...I guess, a fallen can be my squire and reload shotguns for me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Build Advice All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: