Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - NexusClash: Survival (RTD) B0 Turn 1: Fumbles and overshoots
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NexusClash: Survival (RTD) B0 Turn 1: Fumbles and overshoots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UsernamePending
Custom Title
Custom Title

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: Nevermind, I guess it was for a 2nd roll.
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: HOW IS 42 KILLS AN A
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: FOURTY TWO
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: FOURTY TWOOOO
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: IS ONLY AN A
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: HOW DO YOU GET AN S ON LEBLANC
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wozzy wrote:
Mika

You wake up in a large forest. Wait...why are all the trees made of concrete? As your eyes adjust, you realize you are actually in the middle of a deserted city.

As you stand up, you feel something severely weighing you down. Reaching towards a holster, you see (6->2(ouch)) a hilariously oversized handgun. Whoever made this was not being realistic, as it is nearly impossible to aim with (-3 dex when using). On the other side, you have (4) a generic pistol.

As you search your pack you find ammo for both guns, a (5) gun maintenance crate, complete with the ability to convert ammo between calibers, (4) 5 rations of food and water, and a tinderbox.

(City street) you can't get a good look at the environment around you, but you do see (5) a bulletin board with a Neon light over it that says "Directory!" Why guess where to find something, when you can just look up exactly where it is!

(City district discovered)
(Directory discovered)

I feel like the first thing to do here is try and study the Directory to learn where the most useful landmarks might be. Food, sources of ammo, clean water, wood (hey, I have a tinderbox so I might as well have a fire) that sort of thing. After that, I'd really like to try and explore. Maybe check the convenient gun store for more ammo or a better gun... But something in the back of my head tells me that sleeping in the convenient gun store is an excellent place to sleep if I don't mind being randomly murdered.
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wozzy wrote:
Turn 0

Aelita

You wake extremely uncomfortable. Everything hurts, and you feel like you were sleeping on a rock. You aren't surprised to find you are on a mountain. You notice (2) something that doesn't look like a normal rock. It turns out to be a spellgem, but it doesn't have any charges. Perhaps it can be charged in the future.

You look into your pack, and (5+4) it is filled to the brim with First aid kits (x6). You also find a surgeon's kit, and (3) three rations of food and water.

(mountain vantage point) You have a clear view of the world around you. Going clockwise from the northeast, you see a dense forest, a large lake, a swamp, dunes that lead to an ocean, a desert, a bright city, a land of ice and snow, and a giant mountain.

(Mountains discovered)

Must have been running again.
Maybe it was on some leisurely jog through the countryside, maybe it was part of some heist in which she was stealing some vital Graviton tech and on the run, and she hit her head and passed out, then instead of her being captured the universe was destroyed and Alonai had to force a reboot.

It was an exciting dream to be sure. Vivid, exciting, and possibly illegal.
But she knew the shape of this. Sleeping outside wasn't safe unless it was as outside-as-she-could-get, far away from the riff-raff. At least she had her instincts, if not a soft, warm bed.

No weapons. Brain was too addled to do anything terribly fantastic. A check of her pack for any expired medications - she could probably turn that to advantage, creating hallucinogens or toxins. Alonai didn't really have a problem with poisoning people who truly deserved it after all.
But wait, she's on a mountain. No one here, even. And a very very clear day and no one and no thing to bother her and a spellgem. Result.

No weapons. No one to help or help her. And perhaps nowhere to hide if someone did show up. But if there was one thing she remembered about the mountains, it's that nightshade tended to grow there. And nightshade is toxic. Maybe she will find some, or another spellgem, or something useful if she takes the time to look around the mountains.

As tempting as the lake was (she perhaps needed to bathe), business came first.

---

As she searches, she clutches the spellgem close to her body. She knew that crystals lit up when warm, and that spellgems being charged were no different. Perhaps it might react.

Last edited by Sweedee on Tue May 24, 2016 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Armykid500

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Big Show

You growl as you wake up, your head thumping, as though you had just been smacked with a chair. You hear some frogs croaking in the lake next to you. As you get up, you spot (5) a set of spiked knuckles on your fists. These will be great for when you use your haymaker on all the other puny mortals. You also (6->2) vaguely remember a wrestling move you used to do (your choice). The only downside was that it was mostly for show, and trying to do it for real will hurt you as well (-6 health when used). You also find (3) the broken remains of what obviously caused you to get knocked out, a (pick an improvised weapon (it's gonna be a chair...isn't it?)). Perhaps you can salvage it.

In your pack, you find (4) 5 rations of food and water, and a tinderbox. Sweet!

As you look around (6(muahaha)) you hear voices. It seems you stumbled upon a faction, and they know there is someone out here. You can try to guess what their alignment is, but you won't know until you tell them what you are. You almost don't notice a wide mountain range to the west, a giant forest to the north, and a marshland to the south.

(Lake discovered)
(Unknown faction discovered)

As Big Show gets his bearings in order a headache overcomes him. He clutches his head in agony as he feels an intense need to perform one of his old wrestling moves. He struggles for what seems like an eternity before a memory returns to him. (Elbow drop off an elevated surface ability get!!). The headache fades but Big Show quickly realizes he's not alone as faint voices fill the air. Big Show slowly spins around warily and his foot bumps into a dented steel chair at his feet. He reaches down for it and then grips it tightly in front of himself. He's fairly certain it won't be very useful for sitting but it may come in useful for the possible enemies he will encounter ahead.

Big Show shouts "I won't hurt any of you if you don't hurt me! Just come out and show yourselves!".

If any of the voices ask for his alignment Big show will tell them he is neutral (Mainly because he's not sure where he fits into the black and white moralities of this world). Big Show will slowly walk northward to the forest, keeping the chair in front of him. If any one attempts to attack him or rush toward him without saying anything he will try to bash them in the head with the chair. If it does turn to violence he will try to bulldoze his way forward into the forest and get away until he gets somewhere safe. If the voices turn out to be friendly he'll have a chat with them and maybe join their faction.
UsernamePending
Custom Title
Custom Title

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wozzy wrote:

Average Joe

You wake up on the outskirts of a city. As you feel around, your hands grip two bows. The first one (2) looks to be badly damaged. It might work with a bit of tender loving care, but you won't know until you try it. The second one (6->6 (you lucky SOB), is in much better shape. The craftsman ship of this compound bow is exquisite, and pulling on it seems nearly effortless (+1 strength when used).

Looking into your pack, you find (2) a box of bandaids, and (2) a single ration of food and water.

There are several small buildings around you, and they are low enough to get a clear view of your surroundings. To the north, you see a blanket of ice and snow, and to your east, you see a range of mountains. The city dominates your view of the south and west. (4) One of the buildings next to you looks to be an old supermarket. Perhaps there is something left in there?

Average Joe thinks the best idea would be to scavenge for foodstuffs (and maybe even arrows) in the supermarket while he has the super amazing bow drawn with an arrow ready, but with the bow's string not yet pulled back, seeing as he has little food and wants to be as careful as possible.

Last edited by UsernamePending on Tue May 24, 2016 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Pikanchion
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wozzy wrote:
Pikanchion Miyuki

You wake up to the sound of growling (yeah, you rolled a couple 1's, as nice as I am, I can't let it slide). A quick look around shows you are in a grassland, (1) surrounded by fog (1) and a wild dog with what was left of your rations in its mouth! It's still hungry, and lunges at you.

(Life saving dex roll->5 (good job!)) you deftly roll out of it's way, and find (6->5) an oversized sniper rifle. Despite its size, it seems to be perfectly balanced. Before it notices where you rolled off to, you fire a round into its head, killing it!

You look around to see what is left inside the pack. You see (2) a broken rifle, and (2) some ammo for it. Perhaps with some tender loving care, it can be useful.

Looking around, there is no way you can possibly see anything through this fog. Your only hope is to wait it out, or head in one direction and hope you don't end up walking in circles.

Broken? How big was that dog!? Meh, I'll try to fix the second rifle briefly, but scrap it for spare parts if I fail and grab the ammo. Seeing as I have no idea where I am, no supplies, and no idea what's going on I think the sensible course of action is to fix my hair, then do something and see what happens... Onwards into the fog at pace!

Wozzy wrote:
Some rule changes

When you roll a 6, you get a second d6 roll
1-4, negative consequence, increasing in severity the lower it goes
5, no consequence, result is equal to or greater than an epic success
6, positive concequence, greater than an epic success.

This second roll is not effected by stats or skills.

So am I correct in thinking that effectively a 6 is a 5 but with a second side effect sort of roll attached, i.e. if you'd rolled a 5 then x happens, but if you roll a 6 followed by 1-4 then x still happens but also has a negative side effect, a 6 followed by a 5 has x with a mostly neutral side effect and a double six has x happen with a positive side effect?
invisime

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wozzy wrote:
C.B.

You wake up to the sound of waves crashing against a shore. You can smell the ocean, and notice you are on a beach. As you start to stand up, your foot hits metal. To your surprise, you find a (6->4) sledgehammer! What is it doing here? Trying to pick it up, you see it is much heavier than it looks (-1 strength when using). Either way, it is a useful alternative to your (4) mundane sword.

Looking into your pack, you see it is rather...empty. (1) there is nothing here for you to use your engineering knowledge with, and (2) only a single ration of food and water.

Oh well, at least you can see what is around you...(2) or at least you would if it wasn't for the huge sand dune between you and the rest of the land. Hey, at least it isn't a cliff, but it will still be a struggle trying to get over it. Maybe it will provide a decent vantage point.

(beach discovered)

C.B.'s stomach growls as his soul returns to a body.

Damned inconvenient biology.

Annoyed, he begins to trudge inland over the dune, using the sword and hammer as hiking poles.

Stupid lousy respawn. There'd better be something good on the other side of this overblown litterbox, or I'm running back down to drown myself and try again.
UsernamePending
Custom Title
Custom Title

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

invisime wrote:
Stupid lousy respawn. There'd better be something good on the other side of this overblown litterbox, or I'm running back down to drown myself and try again.
Me every time I respawn somewhere I don't recognize in game
invisime

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UsernamePending wrote:
somewhere I don't recognize in game
You misspelled "Wolverton". Wink
Elliezabeth
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bénédicte Lavigne

As you walk outside of the garden, you hear the sounds of a river. You spot some weapons and a backpack set up nicely for you. (5) the pistol has plenty of ammo, and seems warm to the touch, as though it was touched by magic. You also have (3) a rifle, with enough ammo for two magazines. In the pack, you also find 3 rations of food and water.

You vaguely remember something from your past (6->4). (choose a fighting style or hand to hand attack of your choice, and I will give it a minor penalty to something).

To the west you spot a lake, the source of this river water, and to the north, east, and south, ocean. (2) You realize you are in the middle of a river, surrounded on all sides by water that you simply can't determine the depth of. It seems you may have to swim.

(rivers discovered)

I feel like I would explore the gardens a bit more, seeing as I can't go any where else, and look for wood to build a raft. I would also like to check out what types of plants there are and if they are usefull. I also feel that she should have a twisted form of King Fu.

Last edited by Elliezabeth on Mon May 23, 2016 7:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Buttercup

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Admiral Whiskers
(AKA the RNG's chosen champion)

You wake up to the wind blowing in your hair. You are in a grassland. You hear the soft humm of magic, (5 (so glad someone rolled a crit for this)) and it seems to be all around you. You first look at a scroll, and see glowing glyphs that you can vaguely recognize. You realize that you can read the scroll to learn (a spell of your choice (though I will roll to see how good it actually is, muahaha)). As you look around, you hear...whispering. There must be a shrine nearby. You can only guess who's it might be, and hope that you are right (Try calling out to one of the 9 elder powers, and see).

You look into your pack, and see (5) a magnificent (sword-like melee weapon of your choice) sticking out of it. It is warm to the touch, as though it has some magical properties. You look into your pack, and find (5) a portable toolkit and the schematics to something (generator, house, trebuchet!? Pick something and I will roll to see what it is). Unfortunately, (2) you only have a single ration of food and water.

Looking around (2) you see a vast emptiness all around you. You can barely make out some bright lights to the west.

(Grassland discovered)
(Unknown guild discovered)

After some long, casual stretching to get the blood flowing and bring the mind out of its dreamy haze, Admiral Whiskers looks around herself and smiles. The feeling of magic is a comfortable one, and for once she feels at peace for having no idea where she is. But how she got here? Arrangements were made in a dream, a long time ago. Elder Powers? Were they what brought her here? The Admiral will remember again, in time.

"Whispering? Well, can't be Baraas, they'd be throwing a party. *shouts to self* 'I wonder if Marquai is hanging out here?' Might as well go check it out. But first! This scroll... it seems a little more colorful than usual. I wonder if it will allow me to cast colorful illusions to dazzle onlookers with? I shall find a well-concealed spot in the grass to sit and relax out of sight while I study this arcane script."
UsernamePending
Custom Title
Custom Title

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wozzy wrote:

Quiver:
20 piercing arrows

Why was this not mentioned? Would've definitely changed my actions.
Wozzy
Misinformation Meme Machine

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UsernamePending wrote:
Wozzy wrote:

Quiver:
20 piercing arrows

Why was this not mentioned? Would've definitely changed my actions.

((It was mentioned precisely when it was meant to be mentioned. it's not too late to alter your actions.))
Wozzy

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All character sheets have been put up. Please make any changes to your actions. Turn 1 ends in 24 hours.
Wozzy

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn 1:

Teksura

Aelita

Average Joe

Pikanchion Miyuki

(Tundra Discovered)

C.B.

Bénédicte Lavigne

Admiral Whiskers

(Alonai's guild shrine discovered)

Big Show

(Unknown faction is Good)

Let me know if you prefer this format over the massive wall of text.

Last edited by Wozzy on Thu May 26, 2016 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: