Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Cloaks and HtH combat
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cloaks and HtH combat

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onimoz
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Cloaks and HtH combat Reply with quote

Hey Im thinking of making my paladin http://www.nexusclash.com/modules.php?name=Game&op=character&id=753 a Holy Champion but I have only developed hth combat, should I spend 60CP in a archery so I can hit some stuff at long range? Im planning to go cloak of foundation so I dont know if the other skill trees (fire or water, air is meh.) really make good use of this or I should forget about it. thx!
jazelock
Howdy!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're just getting the Cloak of Earth/Foundation tree, then there's no real point in getting the archery tree. Fire, Water, and especially Air all benefit archery in some way, so you'd probably only want the archery tree if you plan on getting one or more of those? HtH however seems to be a perfectly valid way of playing an Earth HC, so I'd say don't fret about needing to get another combat tree. (I've not played an HC myself; I'm looking at the skills on the wiki.)

Also, just so we're clear, archery doesn't exactly let you hit people "long range"? You still have to attack them from the same tile. There are certain benefits to ranged combat vs close combat, but it's more stuff like you don't take damage from getting into their personal fiery bubble aura and not needing to land to hit them sort of stuff. Unless you already knew that. Just making sure since your wording made me think you were talking about e.g. hitting people from a tile away.
Onimoz
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

long range as in i dont want to get too many damage auras on me, or to try and shoot a flying demon. :V
Oliaga
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auras vs your Divine Armor + Cloak of the Foundation mean all the auras in the game will be reduced to 1 damage anyway, so you can basically ignore them.

Flying: Most people are indoors. You can't fly indoors. Most fights are vs idle people. Idle people don't fly (for long). It's actually pretty uncommon to find a fight where flying is an actual factor in combat.

If you encounter someone active (or someone flying who is looking at another screen momentarily), who is outdoors and flying, yeah, that could be a problem for you. You might not be able to reach them to kill them. If you're really worried about that, you can get Wings or flying potions. A more likely annoyance is if -you- are flying (from wings or flying potions) to hunt, and you find someone outside, you will have to land (and therefore spend 1 ap to fly again after you kill them) to attack them.

Long story short, you've already got the unarmed tree and you're going into a class that supports unarmed just fine: stick with that, don't worry about trying to get an extra combat tree.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Build Advice All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: