Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Friggin Bunny Rabbit Mafia - Town Wins
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Friggin Bunny Rabbit Mafia - Town Wins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jazelock
Howdy!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer your question about no lynching, yes, I'm pretty sure that's possible; mechanically, we could just do it by lynching No-Lynch.

And my reason for being so hesitant about revealing roles is because I'm basically useless as soon as I reveal myself? But since this looks like it's going to go nowhere without a reveal, ok then.

I am a minion bunny. Basically, I choose one bunny at night, and if they're interfered with during the night (killed or RBed), I perform that night's action in their stead. And yes, I did think at first that this does confirm the existence of a RBer in the game, but having seen no one mention being RBed, I'm no longer as sure? But if there is, you see why I didn't want to say what my role is. I target Skoffin tonight. Probably Skoffin gets killed and I get RBed now that scum know about me.

(And no, I apparently cannot accidentally help out scum. Darn. Razz)
Samizdat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

invisime wrote:
Unvote. Vote: jazelock.

I came across this post that I had missed earlier. There was no context for the vote, no agreement with any theories or reasons why jazelock was scum and invisime wasn't. It came when invisime was one vote away from being lynched, making death pretty much inevitable, and when Skoffin and I had voted for jazelock, so there was a little bit of suspicion headed their way. To me, that seems like invisime was trying his best to take the heat off jazelock by making them seem non-scummy once the death message confirmed that invisime was scum.

The minion bunny claim is an interesting one, but I'm not convinced. The role is too strange and incompatible (if we do have a day vigilante, the roles don't work together at all), and I have too many reasons that point to jazelock being scum.
Skoffin
Not Skoffin
Not Skoffin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could feasibly no-lynch yes, but I'd argue against it.

Well the first way to check on Jaz would be if anyone claims to have RB or vig abilities.

As to suspicions, I don't know.. I kinda see Jim more suspicious than Jaz.
As pointed out, Jaz seemed confused as to UNP's earlier posts on azure's alignment; I would have questioned his wording too, as I had different wording on Azure's role in my PM. I am claiming to have an ability (investigation) and was given the wording that he was sided with the town, and Jaz is also claiming to have an ability and would have received that wording if town. UNP and Sam claim normal bunnyies and claimed to have gotten the 'normal bunny' wording in their PM.

Meanwhile, Jim was the last to pick a wording choice citing "I got confused" (why wouldn't you double check your wording before that point?) after interestingingly he pointed out that UNP was wrong

Saint_Jimmy wrote:
Except UNP was wrong about them having the same role.

" Azure was the last Elder Bunny, whose only ability was the fact that everyone knew what he was. "

this post is only really noteworthy because it happens right after Sami's explanation of why he believed UNP was a normal bunny based on his comments about his wording on Azure. If Jim had that 'normal bunny' message I would think he would have caught on quicker.

Queen Majoo of Overpowered Republic
The Majestic Liopleurodon of Divineslayers
jazelock
Howdy!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samizdat wrote:
invisime wrote:
Unvote. Vote: jazelock.

I came across this post that I had missed earlier. There was no context for the vote, no agreement with any theories or reasons why jazelock was scum and invisime wasn't.

I won't try to claim that I know what invisime was thinking when he made that vote. But if we're giving interpretations, I guess I'll just point out that right before invisime's vote switch, Saint_Jimmy had said he would switch his vote from invisime to me "tomorrow" if that meant securing a lynch, which, if I'm not mistaken, would have put me at L-1. (But invisime got lynched before that point.) Invisime's vote had been on S_J, who was unlikely to get lynched at that point, before invisime switched it to me. In the interest of getting someone else lynched instead of him, I was the best candidate.

(Also Razz:
invisime wrote:
Dammit, I was in the middle of typing. I switched my vote without comment because I was trying to get to bed.
)
Shadok
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to kill this discussion train but we should probably not be bothering comparing role PM's. Tek has a tendency to rephrase various role PMs to prevent players from doing exactly what we're doing and comparing notes to try figure out who doesn't fit. Makes it impossible for town to "metagame" to victory.

"Oh, sorry, thought I was in a Vault of Enlightenment, not someone's booze cabinet." -Kharn
Saint_Jimmy
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Skoffin - I was packing in preparation for moving, I was going off of memory Razz Which turns out to have been wrong, so my bad.
No Lynch
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vote Count
1 - jazelock (Samizdat)

The day will end in 48 hours unless discussion picks up, at which point whoever has the most votes will be automatically lynched. In the event of a tie... Well, why spoil the surprise?
Samizdat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I've been given any reason to retract my vote on jazelock, but I think lynching with 1 vote would be pretty unfortunate. Shadok, you weighed in on the role language but not on the actual discussion - any thoughts?

And is BHK just not participating anymore?
Skoffin
Not Skoffin
Not Skoffin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadok makes a fair statement, it's likely that the wording on azure was just randomised to avoid people trying to catch mafia on PM wording.
And if that's the case, then that means the notions on jimmy and on jazelock can be thrown out.

Anyway shad, you came to post that but didn't offer any further opinions or comment on my or jaz's roleclaim. shad pls

In order to get people talking, I'll just ask some questions:

1. Do you believe my cop claim at this time? Yes/no?
- If yes,
-- then Shad and BHK are clear.
-- What do you think of Jaz's minion claim?
-- Do you think our two other non clears (jim and sam) should roleclaim WHy or why not
-- Of the three, whom do you find most suspicious and why

- If no,
-- Then lynch me right now, obviously

Personally, I'm leaning towards Jim as something still feels not quite right there - Sam, could you clarify for me why you suspect Jaz so much?

Samizdat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've explained it in earlier posts, but let's compile everything. I don't actually find Shadok's comment regarding role PMs very compelling (being told you're the same as someone is substantially different from being told they're part of the town), I'll stop using that as a basis. And anyways, jazelock has now claimed a role, which is what I was getting at, so it's a moot point.

1) There were three people who did not vote for invisime on the correct lynch on day 2: jazelock, UNP, and Skoffin. UNP is dead (and I already thought they were town before hand), Skoffin has a so-far uncontested special role claim that sorta makes sense, so that leaves me with jazelock.
2) invisime voted jazelock while near-lynch, which to me sounds like an attempt at drawing attention away from jazelock since invisime's death was imminent.
3) Minion bunny is a weird role claim considering there are, as far as we know, only two roles jazelock could have minion'd (the watcher and cop) and one town role that could not be minion'd (the presumptive day vigilante, if there is actually one).
jazelock
Howdy!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In answer to Skoffin's questions:

1. As much as I believe anything in Mafia, yes, I'll believe your cop claim, but if anyone asks me why I won't have much of an answer beyond a lack of suspicion and a lack of counter claiming. And a need to trust at least one person. >.>
-- I believe both Saint_Jimmy and Samizdat have implicitly claimed normal bunny roles at this point from all the discussion about PM wording.
-- ...okay, so S_J was the 3/5 vote on Invisime, and then left saying he would be willing to switch (to me) if it would secure a vote. Samizdat was the 5/5 vote on Invisime after having voted for me then switching, and hammered after Skoffin asked Invisime to roleclaim. Sorry, Skoffin, but I'm not sure I'm with you on S_J being more suspicious personally. It's possible S_J voted for Invisime preemptively because he sensed Invisime was about to get piled on, or because he thought they'd have longer to convince people to not lynch Invisime, but neither of those sound all that plausible. On the other hand, if we assume Mafia saw Invisime's lynch coming and quickly piled on to avoid suspicion, which they probably would have, or at least that's what I would have done, well... Who was the last vote, with the knowledge that delaying could have meant Skoffin or UNP or me casting that last vote and leaving them no room to squeeze in a vote on someone who would turn out to be scum?

Addendums:
- As I've pointed out before, when invisime voted me, I also happened to be the person with the most amount of votes after him, so if he wanted to get someone else lynched, I was the most likely candidate.
- We have two people who, as far as I'm aware, haven't claimed? I don't need them to in particular, I think, but my personal suspicion is we have special bunnies claiming to be normal--actually we definitely do if UNP's death was a vigilante kill. So, I'm kinda assuming there are more special roles than are dreamt of in our philosophy.

Sorry. Shakespeare buff. Had to.
Samizdat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazelock wrote:

On the other hand, if we assume Mafia saw Invisime's lynch coming and quickly piled on to avoid suspicion, which they probably would have, or at least that's what I would have done, well... Who was the last vote, with the knowledge that delaying could have meant Skoffin or UNP or me casting that last vote and leaving them no room to squeeze in a vote on someone who would turn out to be scum?
[/size]

That was a very commendable way of calling me out without ever saying my name, but based on the context I don't think it makes a lot of sense. Both UNP and Skoffin had the chance to hammer and didn't take it (UNP voted for S_J shortly before the hammer, and Skoffin as you mentioned gave invisime another chance to roleclaim instead of hammering), and you were conveniently absent from the discussion despite the fact that we had a deadline to lynch so I didn't have any particular pressure on missing out on the lynch vote.
jazelock
Howdy!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my point being that while there wasn't an official deadline to lynch, Invisime was L-1, and Skoffin or UNP or I could have cast that last vote at any point, so there would have been a rush to get in before anyone decided to change their mind and hammer.

In any case, this is after the deadline No-Lynch gave and I'm not sure what he's defining as discussion picking up, but in case it doesn't count, I guess I'll make my suspicions more concrete. Vote Samizdat. At least if No-Lynch ends the day and counts my vote, we'll get to see what happens with a tie. \o/
Skoffin
Not Skoffin
Not Skoffin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'll be going a different route as so far I still find Jimmy more suspicious then you two.

Sam, I get the feeling that most of your suspicion on Jaz stems from your earlier assessment of their confusion/reaction to what UNP was asking to Azure earlier.
You're right, minion is a weird role-claim but on the same token I don't consider it weird enough to not be in a random Tek-game; especially a game designed because a bunch of us potatoes voted the silly bunny option on a poll.
But I don't really want to put too much on who Invisime voted last second; Invisimi has played plenty of mafia games, he could have voted Jaz to draw attention elsewhere, he could have voted Jaz to make Jaz look suspicious when invis was lynched. But Jaz was the next likely candidate for lynching at the time so by default invis would have needed to vote jaz if he were to not be lynched that day.

As for Jim, the way he's responded to comments regarding the Azure knowledge earlier doesn't sit right with me. At different occasions he has been vague about it as if he didn't want to trap himself in a corner later on. His first real comment on it was just that azure was with the town, he did not specify like UNP did about knowing the role. Much later on, after the subject is brought up again and Sam theorises about how the Azure wording might have worked, Jimmy comes in to say he had the normal bunny wording, not town wording like he said before.
UNP didn't trust Jimmy either, and UNP is only wrong 50% of the time. (hue)
Either way, something is fishy with Jimmy! Of course he could just be the day vig that killed poor ole UNP.

Regardless, this is unfortunately now a mexican standoff

vote Saint Jimmy

Still would be handy to get opinions from BHK/shad

jazelock
Howdy!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm not mistaken, even if we weren't in this Mexican standoff situation (although not reeeeeally a true Mexican standoff Razz), we'd definitely need Saint_Jimmy and one of BHK/Shadok to vote in order to get the 4/6 votes needed to lynch at all. That is, unless the "most votes" thing is still ongoing, which is looking more and more necessary given the current state of the votes.

You do raise some good points about Saint_Jimmy, Skoffin... Ugh. If what No-Lynch said is still in effect, minus the deadline that's already passed, I might consider switching my vote...I don't know. (I have to admit part of me is really curious as to what happens in the event of a tie. XD)

I am hoping we'll hear from at least one other person though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: