Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Power-Packed Mafia: Game Thread: Town Victory!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Power-Packed Mafia: Game Thread: Town Victory!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skoffin
Not Skoffin
Not Skoffin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how else to explain that pika is definitely scum, but clearly I can't stop you guys from voting the not 100% sure about person for the 100% sure about person. And this game has reached all sorts of stupid levels that that we've gone to "ohoho skoffin must be scum!". Yeah okay. You guys were talking about town having it hard and likely losing, yes me - scum Skoff - voted to end the fucking game over a month ago and since then I've been the main person trying to keep it going and actually finishing. I've spent more time on this day trying to get answers, get people to discuss and figure out this shit and now I'm scum because of it? fucking lol. Scum Skoff could have bailed like pika and said next to nothing, this game would have stalled and I could have waltz away like I wanted to.

I was not roleblocked, I believe my action was successful.

@Pika Thank you for joining us. I didn't instantly discredit your role, I spent ages asking what your role name even is. You spent an awful amount of time not just answering it. And I didn't need to ask other players about their roles, because they either claimed standard roles or they told us a description that matched their name. Everyone told us their actual rolename when claiming, except you and sam. Sam told us he didn't get one. So only you intentionally delayed telling us the name for no reason. And I only came along to 'discredit' you because THE NAME IS WRONG. Are you suggesting that I faked the linked provided that show the role name being for something else? Or did the mod fuck up the role name? Are you saying I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to be cautious over your role name when I found evidence that the role doesn't match?

Oh, and out of interest, if you think I'm scum and all - do you think Eagle is my partner then?

Queen Majoo of Overpowered Republic
The Majestic Liopleurodon of Divineslayers
invisime

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

invisime wrote:
Skoffin, from my PoV, Pika could be town with you and Eagle on the same team. I said as much in the first sentence of the post where I voted.
Skoffin
Not Skoffin
Not Skoffin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright mate. Either way the basis for anyone suspecting me of being scum seems to be "Skoffin seems to be suspecting pika a little too hard, so she must be scum!" when from my POV pika absolutely must be scum and therefore I'd be an idiot not to vote for the one person I am 100% certain must be scum simply from process of elimination.

I'd still like to know why no one even cares about any of the links/evidence I gathered that outright show that pika's role name doesn't match his role description.

Samizdat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultimately, role names are a useful indicator but not definitive proof of anything. Anytime you require knowledge from outside of the current setup to make an argument, you have to wade into metagaming. The reason people don't like metagaming is it can be used to influence people who either know less or have a different fountain of knowledge with information that is harder to verify. For an example - in day 1 I made the point that in my experience, no lynching on day 1 was seen as the superior choice. In the communities I've been a part of, that genuinely was the belief, but everyone here had a different experience. The same logic can be applied to roles - unless it is coming directly from the game mod, role information, names, interaction, etc. should only ever be persuasive evidence, not definitive precedent. From the info on roles we have so far, it seems like UNP is drawing from multiple sources for this game - ToS, Epic Mafia, etc. It's not entirely farfetched that he would mess with some of the role names. I'm biased in this since I didn't get a role name at all, so I particularly think role names do not have a lot of probative value.

It is interesting that Pika didn't instantly hammer Eagle, however. It seems to mean either they're both scum or just Eagle is scum. If Eagle were town and Pika scum, we would have seen the hammer already. If they were both town, then Pika should have already gotten hammered by either Wozzis or me.
EagleWiz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samizdat wrote:
either they're both scum or just Eagle is scum.

Can't argue with that logic

invisime wrote:
I got the result of my investigation, so I was not role-blocked.

But I can point out that its pointless, as its the last investigation result you will ever get!

Unvote: Pika Vote: Eagle Wiz
Skoffin
Not Skoffin
Not Skoffin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I somewhat agree and disagree there sam. Your thoughts on how people play is reasonable, but I disagree with how roles are created.Ultimately I think it would be ridiculous for a mod to intentionally mess with established role names for no good reason. But it doesn't matter, I only mentioned that aspect to help convince you people that pika is scum - I already know pika is scum.

But eagle is dead now, so gg. Assuming he is scum then sam can vest invis, invis can check pika and I will selfdoc.

UsernamePending
Custom Title
Custom Title

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was awake enough to write a day ending post here I would. I'll end the day when I get enough time. e.e

I'll start taking night actions and you can consider the day over. Eagle's to be lynched with the recount.
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: HOW IS 42 KILLS AN A
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: FOURTY TWO
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: FOURTY TWOOOO
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: IS ONLY AN A
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: HOW DO YOU GET AN S ON LEBLANC
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skoffin wrote:
Ultimately I think it would be ridiculous for a mod to intentionally mess with established role names for no good reason.

In my next mafia game the cop will be a protective role.

UsernamePending wrote:
If I was awake enough to write a day ending post here I would. I'll end the day when I get enough time. e.e
Oooo, I got this! I got this!

Vote Count
3 - EagleWiz (Not dead yet guy, Someone Else, A member of the scum)

After arguing and arguing and frustrating the dead immensely by missing a few things that were PAINFULLY OBVIOUS OH MY GOD YOU PEOPLE I AM SPINNING IN MY GRAVE HERE, the town finally reaches a decision. Everyone closes in on Eagle and before anyone can do anything, Eagle pulls a knife and slits his own throat. A quick search through his pockets revealed that he was a lifetime member of the local Mafia! Ane apparently he had the skills to do.... uhhhh.... something. You know, I don't think I was ever told his his role name. I don't remember for certain his powers either, and don't want to risk getting them wrong so I'll just say what I'm certain of: He had some ability to do a thing, of that I am sure.
Not Skoffin
Not Skoffin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't ruin my life

Great cutscene, best cutscene ever I'd even say. Tremendous work. This guy is going places.

invisime

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take this twilight moment to say that I'm about to not be connected until Monday. Don't raid all my factions.
UsernamePending
Custom Title
Custom Title

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to tek's thingy, Eagle was a Hooker.
EagleWiz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teksura wrote:

After arguing and arguing and frustrating the dead immensely by missing a few things that were PAINFULLY OBVIOUS OH MY GOD YOU PEOPLE I AM SPINNING IN MY GRAVE HERE

In my next game the cop WONT have the ability to return from the dead to drop hints about the game and tell the town that the scum were who he suspected of being scum.
UsernamePending
Custom Title
Custom Title

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleWiz wrote:
Teksura wrote:

After arguing and arguing and frustrating the dead immensely by missing a few things that were PAINFULLY OBVIOUS OH MY GOD YOU PEOPLE I AM SPINNING IN MY GRAVE HERE

In my next game the cop WONT have the ability to return from the dead to drop hints about the game and tell the town that the scum were who he suspected of being scum.

I don't seem to remember him suspecting you once while he was alive. Hm.

*shoots Eagle in his grave for good measure*
*shoots Tek in his grave repeatedly for good measure*
It's like people can't die anymore.
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleWiz wrote:
Teksura wrote:

If you want to say something to me you can PM me about it, or wait until after the game, this is not an appropriate time/place to discuss this and you know it. I'm open to hearing what you have to say, because I'd love to know what these hints I dropped even are.
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teksura wrote:
EagleWiz wrote:
Teksura wrote:

If you want to say something to me you can PM me about it, or wait until after the game, this is not an appropriate time/place to discuss this and you know it. I'm open to hearing what you have to say, because I'd love to know what these hints I dropped even are.

Cc me on these, I want to know too. The only thing I can see which remotely meets Eagle's criteria is the text in all caps. Tek never is serious when he goes caps lock, it's usually mockery or a joke (and sometimes self depreciating to boot). Also the whole line is a thing I've been screaming all game, almost every eliminated player in the history of mafia screams the same. The town ALWAYS misses stuff which is OBVIOUS to the graveyard (who knows everything.)

"Oh, sorry, thought I was in a Vault of Enlightenment, not someone's booze cabinet." -Kharn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 29 of 31

Jump to: