Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Power-Packed Mafia: Game Thread: Town Victory!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Power-Packed Mafia: Game Thread: Town Victory!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UsernamePending
Custom Title
Custom Title

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning comes and everyone sees Wozzy/Invisime/Some crazed psycho amnesiac person dead on the ground. Notes seem to point towards him being a cop of some sort.

With 3 alive, there's 2 to lynch. And hopefully more activity.
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: HOW IS 42 KILLS AN A
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: FOURTY TWO
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: FOURTY TWOOOO
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: IS ONLY AN A
8:17 PM - BlackHeartKabal: HOW DO YOU GET AN S ON LEBLANC
Samizdat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to avoid addressing the topic of a bunch of ghosts "wooing" at each other about hints after the end of day 1, as it was probably just a mass hallucination and definitely didn't happen... right?

I'd like Skoffin and Pika to indulge me in something. I'm currently taking both of you at your word on your claimed roles - Skoffin is a doctor, Pika is a detective. What were your night actions, and what was the result of your night actions?
Skoffin
Not Skoffin
Not Skoffin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used my doc ability on invis, but I did not get any sort of mod response this time. I assume you vested invis, so how did maf shoot through two protective roles?

Queen Majoo of Overpowered Republic
The Majestic Liopleurodon of Divineslayers
Pikanchion
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I investigated Skoffin and their role cajoles people.

Vote: Skoffin
Skoffin
Not Skoffin
Not Skoffin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cajoles? What type of roles even cajole? Out of interest pika, what role do you accuse me of having?

oh right, and vote pika

Obviously the vote comes down to Sam, so; Sam have you decided on what you believe already, or do you want us to make a case?

Samizdat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also curious as to what a role that cajoles others could be. Presumably Pika is just repeating what the detective "general role category" message said, so there's no more specific information there, but I can't think of many roles that cajole others. Maybe a town of Salem blackmailer or witch?

I have to admit, Eagle's last words turned out to be true:

Eaglewiz wrote:
But I can point out that its pointless, as its the last investigation result you will ever get!

Which means he knew that his scum partner would be able to kill Wozzis regardless of protection. In context, it makes Eagle's last few posts and vote on Pika seem like a reverse bus - Eagle voted Pika to throw off suspicion, as Pika had an ability (Beyond killing?) that was more suitable to getting rid of the cop who could definitively decide the game than Eagle's roleblocking.

Right now I'm leaning towards voting for Pika, but I'd certainly like to hear more before I put down the game-ending vote.
Pikanchion
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe one of these? -I don't know. Governor Toreador Diabolist Deflector Redirector Switch Witch

Perhaps even roleblockers could fall under that description.
Samizdat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skoffin - you mentioned no mod PM on your night actions on N2, but that you did receive something on N1. Can you tell me a little more about your N1 PM?
Skoffin
Not Skoffin
Not Skoffin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would seem that maf did in fact have a super kill.
pika, none of those roles look like they'd even fit the game.
Also, how come you did not vote Eagle yesterday? If you didn't think he was scum, who did you think the two scum at the time were?

Sam - I'll paraphrase. So n1 I did in fact self-doc, naturally I lied about that so maf would think I would protect myself while I went on invisimi.
N1 I injected steroids and went to sleep, when I woke nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. I can no longer self-heal as I could only do it once.

Wozzis death is pretty strange, "Some crazed psycho amnesiac person "? He was a cop, so why the other bit? It could be possible that mafia didn't actually kill wozzi, maybe to balance town strength out wozzis was a cop that died from being protected? Dunno. Either way doesn't matter at this point.

Anyway, let's quick recap the game thus far:

Day 1:
While Tek/invis were arguing I voted for Eaglewiz as he was my top suspect
Pika voted for invis
Wozzy got a lot of flack day 1 and was the next top suspect for everyone else

Day 2:
Eagle goes for the easy wozzy angle, as most people D1 suspected him. Sam, myself, pika and Eagle all make points against wozzy
I make my case against Eagle and eagle calls me scum for it, we scuffle - at the start of D2 wozzy was most likely to be lynched, it then became a toss up on lynch between myself or Eagle, a pretty dumb strategy if we were on the same side

Pika makes a claim with no name - drags out actually claiming the role name despite me asking, then calls it scummy that I keep asking. Finally claims a role name that does not match his role description, again calls me scummy for thinking the mismatch is bizarre and suspect.
Pika does not vote for Eagle when it's clearly a vote between them and from Pika's pov (if he were town) eagle would have to be scum. Instead he tries to make a case against me, to save his partner.
Funny enough, it was actually Eagle that helped me figure out that pika was 100% scum - his "Skoffin has to be town because she didn't hammer" remark is what made me start looking at how the game looks from each players perspective, so when I looked at the game from Eagle's pov pika HAD to be scum in his eyes. Which meant clearly eagle and pika can't both be town, either both were scum or one was. That in turn made me look at other povs to figure out which one was definitely scum - because of pika's clearing of sam, it meant that the only way sam could be scum is he he was with pika, as sam can't be scum and pika town etc which meant from my POV pika was a near guarantee.

In any case, pika barely posted throughout D2 and only added bits here and there but suddenly had a lot to say right at the end when it was him or Eagle being voted.

Samizdat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skoffin wrote:
Wozzis death is pretty strange, "Some crazed psycho amnesiac person "? He was a cop, so why the other bit? It could be possible that mafia didn't actually kill wozzi, maybe to balance town strength out wozzis was a cop that died from being protected? Dunno. Either way doesn't matter at this point.

I believe the crazy psycho amnesiac bit has to do with the player having originally been Wozzy and then become invisime, and was not meant to be meaningful information.

Anyhow, I expressed an interest in voting for Pika and didn't get much of a "no, don't do it" in response, just potential cajoler roles. Quite frankly, in a game with 2 confirmed cops and a tracker, a town "detective" doesn't make a whole lot of sense, nor did the suggestions for what Skoffin could really be - the only one that would make sense with what happened (Wozzis dying despite me trying to protect, and presumably Skoffin also trying to protect) would be a Toreador that can target the whole town or a scumsided redirector.

The results of N2 certainly fall on Skoffin's side. I was intentionally holding back on what happened with me last night in order to see whether Skoffin's statements on what they did as doctor didn't match up with my experience. I did receive a response to my night action, but it was solely regarding the number of vests I have remaining. I did not get confirmation that my vest was placed, nor that I was roleblocked. As a result, Skoffin's story checks out in my eyes.

Pika, consider this a final request for comments on your part - otherwise I'll be voting for you tomorrow so we can finally be done with this game.
Samizdat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've waited long enough, particularly considering how long this game has gone on. Pika's been sparsely active, was part of the mistaken lynch on Invisime on D1, hardly interacted in D2 except to not vote for Eagle, and has not displayed as much of an interest in making sure the town is active and informed. I gave Pika the benefit of the doubt since they got the general nature of my role correctly on D2, but ultimately that just isn't enough evidence to convince me they're a townie.

Vote: Pikanchion.
UsernamePending
Custom Title
Custom Title

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the day ends, an angry identity thief posing as a doctor by the name Skoffin and a blacksmith wearing a bulletproof vest decide that the pokemon with a gun claiming to be an investigator had to go. While he put up a harsh fight, the pokemon was knocked out and then hanged. Somehow. How the hell a pokemon can hang I don't know.

As he dies, a light shines upon the town. Perhaps it was the odd day/night cycle, but the two surviving members of the town felt as if the horror was over. Well, most of it; there was still the whole 'burying everyone' and 'cleaning up' to worry about. And the whole 'how the hell are we going to survive in a town of two people' thing.

But for now, the TOWN had won.
UsernamePending
Custom Title
Custom Title

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A FEW THINGS:

I am a horrible mod and should never mod again.
I had thought that nightstart would eliminate the mislynch town had, not accounting for the 2 protective roles or investigative reports.
I actually rolled for Pika and Eagle's roles last, and every single person before them had managed to roll a town role. Every last one.

ROLES:

Pika: One-shot Strongman and Stalker in one.
Eagle: Hooker.

Skoffin/Teksura: Insane Cop (knew Sane Cop existed) (did not know sanity)
Wozzy (Invisime v2): Sane Cop (knew Insane Cop existed) (did not know sanity)
Invisime v1: Tracker
Samizdat: Three-shot Blacksmith (had one self vest that I hadn't taken into account until asked, this DID use one of his vests)
Skoffake: Doctor (had one self heal that I hadn't taken into account until asked)
Samizdat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this was a badly modded game at all. The game balance turned out to be pretty good I thought - blacksmith+doctor seems like an OP combo for town, but in the end it failed to stop a nightkill. At the same time, the scum clearly wasn't overpowered either as they didn't manage to pull off a win. The only thing that really went wrong with the game was inactivity and a slight case of the dead refusing to stay dead, neither of which ultimately derailed the game.

Well played everyone.
Teksura
Nexus Fixture
Nexus Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samizdat wrote:
I don't think this was a badly modded game at all. The game balance turned out to be pretty good I thought - blacksmith+doctor seems like an OP combo for town, but in the end it failed to stop a nightkill.

If a game has to depend on Skoffin failing just to be balanced, it's not a balanced setup.

Let's talk about night 1. Night 1, I knew Wozzy was my partner, and knew that he knew I was his. This is partly why I didn't care about Invisime's tracker claim. For starters, I found it very unlikely that a balanced setup would have 3 investigative roles out of 5 townies. but also, I knew that worst case scenario, Wozzy would check me to determine sanity for the both of us. If Skoffin had done her flipping job and protected the guy who claimed to be able to verify someone else as they are exactly the person you want to be protecting as a Doctor, then we'd have started day 2 with 2 cops able to clear each other, determine sanity, and a confirmed scum in Pikanchion. With Pikanchion lynched, there would be 1 scum, and 4 townies remaining. 2 of whom are cleared cops who can investigate the 3 remaining unclears. If my guilty had been on Eagle then there would be no way for Scum to do anything because the surviving cop would have enough reports to guarantee a town win. But with Eagle alive, he would have to hope he could kill an unprotected cop and hook the survivor. With 2 protective roles, the odds of this happening are actually pretty bad. Especially so because the best move on day 2 would be to get the protective role to claim with the idea that the scum literally can not afford to kill the protective role anyway (because it would be a quick loss due to too many cop reports), we'd discover the 2 claims, and coordinate 1 on each, knowing that even if 1 is fake they still can't kill a cop because protection.

The only thing that stopped the town from just steamrolling the scum was Skoffin failing to protect the most obvious person she should be protecting.

As for my comment about having correctly identified the scum after my death, let me explain: Well, I knew it couldn't be Wozzy. That left Sam, Skoffin, Eagle, and Pika. Sam took a huge amount of pressure from me and didn't actually give off those scummy vibes I was looking for. He seemed to honestly believe what he was saying. That brings it down to Skoffin, Pika, and Eagle. Of these, Pika and Eagle were quite happy to hop on the wagon I started. Thing is, jumping on a wagon Tek starts against a townie is a very safe move for the scum most of the time because I tend to make such a huge scene about the whole thing, and get all the attention. This is partly why I simply don't care if the day 1 lynch is against a townie. Like I've said before, we get voting patterns and see who is just cruising through going for an easy lynch. After Invisime flipped town, Pika and Eagle became my top 2 suspects. So, UNP asked me if I wanted to know who the scum were, I just tried to guess and gave both names. I was almost certain that at least 1 of them was scum because a Sam/Skoffin team seemed unlikely for reasons listed above, but did think it might be possible for one to be town. That's actually why I checked Pika, I wanted absolute confirmation before actually lynching them the next day.

But here is the thing, with 3 investigative roles, 2 of which can confirm each other, and 2 protective roles? Imagine if we had just no lynched day 1 like Sam wanted. The town did have a stronger night game than the scum, which should never happen. We'd have gotten more usable reports at that point, and have enough protection roles kicking around to actually keep the investigators safe. This was not a balanced setup. The scum, quite frankly, needed more powers to balance it out. I'm talking along the lines of multiple night actions, like, 2 or 3 traditional mafia roles all rolled together. To tell the truth, this is part of why I was pushing to end the game when it was idling. It wasn't fair to begin with.

That said, I don't think you should let this discourage you, UNP. The trick to life is everyone fucks things up at some point, you just have to use them as a learning experience. You should have seen my first mafia game, that was a balance disaster.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 30 of 31

Jump to: