Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Asking about Prayer and Divine Supplication
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Asking about Prayer and Divine Supplication

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Game Mechanics Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sweedee
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:26 am    Post subject: Asking about Prayer and Divine Supplication Reply with quote

How do people use Prayer?

Is it a core function of crafting and combat?

Is the MP-addition feature seen as useful?

Is it just used to pray for magic?
AmIaGhost
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HealingGhost uses prayer more as a defense than anything. Before a raid, during a raid, or if I just feel like standing outside and pissing off anyone who wants to take a swing for what they think might be a cheap grind or easy xp.

Occasionally when chonting, I will also attempt to pray but thats more a last resort because chonting for an advo is very expensive as it is without the added 3 ap.

A couple of times I have attempted to gain offensive benefits, but they aren't very beneficial.
Nayru
Highly Aloof Goddess
Highly Aloof Goddess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in fairly similar ways (def/magic on both my ls/advo)

no (offense/insight are usually bad)

yes but not for magic unless you're hellbent on proccing transcend

pray def is p good
Wozzy
Misinformation Meme Machine
Misinformation Meme Machine

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sidenote: I never pray unless I have devout supplication.

I will try to pray for offensive with a bunch of frontloaded MP on my Archon, and occassionally will get something useful. Unfortunately, it ends up being a waste ~80% of the time when I get 5% accuracy, 1 extra damage, or something with ranged bonuses. The other ~20% makes a big difference and usually ends up netting me positive AP.

I also tried to pray for defensive when going against an aura once in order to get bonus soak....12 AP later and I have multiple stacks of dodge and weapon turning. Now I only use it when sitting in a downed SH or to protect against pets.

Insight is good when searching for OP weapons that have <1% chance of being found. That's...about it, at least for me. I don't see the purpose in risking AP to try to craft, but I can see merit in gambling with it for enchanting.

Magic is nice, especially if you are a dedicated glypher who uses spellgems. TLL is still better for most other things though, so you'd be better off getting that for 20 CP (and persuading your faction to get close to a non-unholy ley line) instead of grabbing Devout for 40 if you are only looking to pray for Magic.
tremor3258

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Lightspeaker so I tend to pray for a lot of magic. I sometimes do search gambles.

I will use a couple of the offensive ones to help on ward-breaking on raids and the like.
GreatCatatonic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Asking about Prayer and Divine Supplication Reply with quote

I use it to pray for MP to summon/rejuvenate my pets and to pray for defensive buffs during raids and raid defenses.

I don't have offensive skills and I can't cast spells, so pretty much else is useless to me. I also don't really search or craft much, but back in previous breaths I prayed for Packrat Vision for a while before figuring that it probably wasn't worth the AP/MP.

As someone who doesn't have any offensive capabilities outside my pets, I have much spare AP to use for stacking defensive buffs during raids (I don't usually walk in with fewer than three), so YMMV.

Back in NW I created another LS whose sole purpose was to be able to make use of as many prayer results as possible, so I prayed with him a fair bit more, including stacking offensive buffs. His experience is the only one where I would contribute extra MP hoping for a greater answer (to try to avoid what Wozzy was experiencing).

--Great
Kylinn
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only regular use I'm getting from it now is one Advocate using it recharge mana in order to support Energizing the faction's petmasters. Which is an every day thing, so he uses Prayer quite a lot, just always for the same thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Game Mechanics Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: