Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Question
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Out-of-Character Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tathers
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject: Question Reply with quote

I've been here awhile, and I'm still not completely sure of this.

You get a badge when you to get to 500 and 1000 career, but do you also get a badge for 500 and 1000 in a single breath? Or did that get done away with?

Just asking cause drinking alcohol all the time is boring.
Badziew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are four Achievement Badges for each tracked statistic.

There is a pair of Badges (called Career Badges) that is granted by doing enough stuff during whole lifetime of a character (since character creation, across all Breaths), but there is also a second pair of Badges (called Breath Badges) that is granted by doing enough stuff in current Breath (more specifically: since last character reset, because those can now be done manually by the player, without mod help).

All four Badges have different names, and all four will be displayed on your character's profile page when obtained.

And to further clarify in advance: only Career Badges give CP rewards, Breath Badges give no additional rewards.
Tathers
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Badziew.
literaryninja
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Related question: I've got a new character to 28, with both the 500 and 1000 badges for books read, all this breath, but I'm realizing now the build won't do what I'm after. If I reset the character manually to sort the build out, I'm tracking that I'll lose the breath badges, but will I get my CP for the parallel career badges as I reach levels 10 & 20 again?

Similarly, will my partial progress this breath in other categories remain (and count) in the career category for those badges? In searching the forums, I saw a very old thread suggesting (at the time) that mid-breath-reset Career badge CP required admin intervention to restore, and I'm looking to get the perfect build without creating a hassle for someone else or losing my progress.
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

literaryninja wrote:
Related question: I've got a new character to 28, with both the 500 and 1000 badges for books read, all this breath, but I'm realizing now the build won't do what I'm after. If I reset the character manually to sort the build out, I'm tracking that I'll lose the breath badges, but will I get my CP for the parallel career badges as I reach levels 10 & 20 again?

Similarly, will my partial progress this breath in other categories remain (and count) in the career category for those badges? In searching the forums, I saw a very old thread suggesting (at the time) that mid-breath-reset Career badge CP required admin intervention to restore, and I'm looking to get the perfect build without creating a hassle for someone else or losing my progress.

If you have enough Career progress for badge CP, you'll get it at level 10/20 on every reset. If you have partial progress toward badge CP, you'll keep building on top of those Career stats after your reset until you have enough. Nothing ever erases Career stats - not resets nor even full breath cycles.

The old issue where mid-breath resets frequently messed up career badge CP gain is a relic of a time when admins had to do mid-breath resets by hand. Now that players can reset themselves automatically with the push of a button, we haven't observed that bug since.
literaryninja
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful, thank you!
Trying1
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badziew wrote:
There are four Achievement Badges for each tracked statistic.

There is a pair of Badges (called Career Badges) that is granted by doing enough stuff during whole lifetime of a character (since character creation, across all Breaths), but there is also a second pair of Badges (called Breath Badges) that is granted by doing enough stuff in current Breath (more specifically: since last character reset, because those can now be done manually by the player, without mod help).

All four Badges have different names, and all four will be displayed on your character's profile page when obtained.

And to further clarify in advance: only Career Badges give CP rewards, Breath Badges give no additional rewards.

A day or two ago, my character (id=11183) read 1000 career books and no CP points were given nor announcement of you've received the Teachers's pet badge and you've been granted 15 cp for this accomplishemnt" as is the custom.
Why? Confused

Books read= breath-430, total=1000.

weeks ago a separate character id=10241 read 1000 books both career and breath total and received the 15 CP and accompanying announcement.

Books read= breath 1000, total 1000

what's the deal with id=11183?
Novitia
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When factoring in the career total of a stat to reach badges earned at 500 or 1000, character levels 10 or 20 respectively are needed for the CP award.
Trying1
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okayyy....so when character 11183 reaches level 20 (currently at level 16) he will receive that 15 CP?

Thanks! you've brightened my day.
AmIaGhost
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, he should!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Out-of-Character Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: