Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Dev Blog Leaks Discussion Thread
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dev Blog Leaks Discussion Thread

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject: Dev Blog Leaks Discussion Thread Reply with quote

This thread is for discussion of the updates in the B5 leaks thread. Discuss, ask questions, let us know what you think and speculate about what the more cryptic bits of leaks might mean. Smile
Kylinn
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wards! Oh if only the cost to cast comes down, I envision a new day and a new fort for the Raggies.
Saint_Jimmy
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There'll be some goodies for glyphs, yup!
plscks
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let's talk about what we have here:

We have first and foremost a `Weapons` tab there, that is interesting and much welcomed I think. Then we have dotted lines, a blue line, and some new little icons.

I think the speculation is that there may be some sort of barriers happening here like in the days of old? The new icons maybe have to do with infusion type stuff? I see a gold, blue, and red one there, it's yet to be discussed really how the infusion aspect will be making an appearance, but I hope that it does. I have a few characters that would love to infuse stuff.

Saint_Jimmy wrote:
There'll be some goodies for glyphs, yup!

Alright! Some love for glyphs! Those same characters of mine that would like to infuse would also like some new glyph action, could be amusing for sure!

plscks-20 | Davington-25 | James Ford-26 | Wiggles-1297 | Desmond-1298 | Richard Feynman-2769 | a random janitor-2772 | Kaz-12345 | Advocado-12867
Badziew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blue line was obvious to me - it was hinted many times before that B5 will have a reintroduction of some kind of territory control, so the blue line has to be a border between those sides, whatever they are.

Dotted lines also look like a re-introduction of old school of wards - the ones that were placed on a border of a tile instead of completely covering it.

Personally I really hope that spell list will get revised and it will be finally possible to a character like my Sentient Spellbook to learn all possible spells.
Buttercup

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am [].

I am an inescapable conclusion.

Not a single atom out of place.

See the peacock. See the angry sun.

Up above: This was a warning shot.

This universe is Earth.

The planet named Earth is the center of the universe.

The universe Earth is the center of the quadrant system. Coordinates: (0,0)

Alpha quadrant (+,+)

Delta quadrant (-,+)

Beta quadrant (-,-)

Gamma quadrant (+,-)

Red Skull smiles.

Natasha said: "I love you" to Red Skull TWICE... Bruce Banner, the Incredible Hulk, is timeless witness to this vision of what could be.

My end game? Purgatory. It is timeless.

Last edited by Buttercup on Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
oath2order

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badziew wrote:
The blue line was obvious to me - it was hinted many times before that B5 will have a reintroduction of some kind of territory control, so the blue line has to be a border between those sides, whatever they are.

Dotted lines also look like a re-introduction of old school of wards - the ones that were placed on a border of a tile instead of completely covering it.

Personally I really hope that spell list will get revised and it will be finally possible to a character like my Sentient Spellbook to learn all possible spells.

One thing I'm concerned about with territory control is that if it ends up being a "faction thing" and then if people decide the best way to control territory is condensing factions.

I like the multitude of factions we have.

Alternatively, it's a much more massive world and that's a monorail system or some shit.
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oath2order wrote:
Badziew wrote:

One thing I'm concerned about with territory control is that if it ends up being a "faction thing" and then if people decide the best way to control territory is condensing factions.

I like the multitude of factions we have.

Alternatively, it's a much more massive world and that's a monorail system or some shit.

Without getting into what the line means, the fact that territory control via infusion set factions against factions that would logically be their allies - or who literally WERE their allies - is something we view as a flaw with that system. It also required every little faction to have an active team of infusers, which set the minimum bar for a viable faction pretty low. Going forward, the aim is for territory control to be to your side - Good, Evil or Unaligned - rather than one specific faction, though coalitions of allied factions will likely be having the most impact.
plscks
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint_Jimmy wrote:
A few things - h2h weapons. These are intended to be lower maintenance (no decay) with a lower enchantment cap. The ones that do require maintenance such as the katar get the full six slots.

Thank goodness H2H can get some enchantment options!

plscks-20 | Davington-25 | James Ford-26 | Wiggles-1297 | Desmond-1298 | Richard Feynman-2769 | a random janitor-2772 | Kaz-12345 | Advocado-12867
Tathers
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infusion with the tile flipping was fun at least. I've always liked more places to explore.

The weapons seem very similar to current weapons, not much variety other than names, maybe a damage point here for a bit of accuracy there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: