Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - How about another hunt for the Great Wyrm?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How about another hunt for the Great Wyrm?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Out-of-Character Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plscks
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:26 am    Post subject: How about another hunt for the Great Wyrm? Reply with quote

*Edit - See my second post for information regarding the follow up hunt! Currently scheduled for 08/31/2019 at 20:00 UTC and then 4 hours later at 00:00.

Hello there Nexus, this is plscks of the RRF here to see if there might be any interest in another Great Wyrm hunt?! A lot of people missed the opportunity before, so I think it's fitting to have another go at it.

This is of course open to the whole Nexus and you are more than welcome to bring any character in on the fun. Naturally all faction stances should be put aside for this thing, so factional enemies and differences should be temporarily put aside for this. Only one character per user of course, and only one character per attempt at the Wyrm. In order to bring in another character in the event the first died, the Wyrm has to either have been killed, or regenerated back up to full health.

The logistics of this are yet to be planned, in fact if anyone is interested, it would be extremely handy if you fill out this nice little form for me that will give me the name of the character you'd like to bring along with some ranges of time when you are likely available. I figure at this point that the actual hunt itself will be two or three weeks out from now, there will be lots to plan. As with the last one there may be some preparatory work needed beforehand. If coordinating in Discord is a thing you can do, come on over to the RRF Discrd server and join in as a wyrmhunter, if not, then I'll try to keep plans updated in this thread as they happen.

Not actual, only an artists representation of the Great Wyrm.

Okay, that stuff said, there are a few things that you are going to need for this adventure, and a couple different ways that this thing can play out.

• Unholy Affinity
  • Greater Invulnerability
  • Invulnerability
  • Lesser Invulnerability
  • Extended Invisibility
  • Healing potions or FAKs
  • Wyrm Bile
  • No pets aside from Aethersprites

So the different ways this can pan out are we can assemble in the Wyrm's Maw [5, 1 Wyrm's Lair] on the hypermap, then find some Wyrm Bile, wait for max AP, and charge in at a given point. Or we can obtain the Wyrm Bile between now and the hunt and then assemble at the (slightly easier to get to) Fiery Cess [7, 11 Wyrm's Lair] wait for max AP and then charge in. Holding at the Wyrm's Maw will be a bit more intensive as you'll have to heal up from the journey through the acid caverns. But either way, we should probably wait there for full AP before heading in to kill the beast.

This thing is not targeted by pets so they won't be helpful for the fight, but sprites will be good for healing other good MO characters that may be participating. The Wyrm does 10 unholy and 10 piercing damage, so Advocates have quite an advantage with unholy immunity, same for Conduits with Eldritch Bond The rest of us should be prepared to chug invulnerability potions and an unholy affinity. The Wyrm will attack every pet tick as well as attack the attacker every attack they make. And if you do not drink the Wyrm Bile, you will get the poison which does 9 unsoakable damage per action. which adds up very quickly.

Just a little reminder on the mechanics of the badges awarded for a successful kill, you have to have hit the thing at least once since it was last at full health, if it reaches full health since your last hit, you won't be counted as a participant. It regens 50hp every pet tick.

Any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let me know via forums message or Discord DM, thanks!

plscks-20 | Davington-25 | James Ford-26 | Wiggles-1297 | Desmond-1298 | Richard Feynman-2769 | a random janitor-2772 | Kaz-12345 | Advocado-12867

Last edited by plscks on Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:45 am; edited 2 times in total
plscks
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another series of hunts has been scheduled for 08/31/2019 at 20:00 UTC and then 4 hours later at the 00:00 tick!
The current plan is to meet up there prepared and ready to go and then potion up before the tick then jump in and smack the Wyrm until we win! It is again being coordinated from the RRF Discrd server. So if you want in, head on over! There may be transportation opportunities for late comers too, but I think it's mostly best for everyone to head out to the locations listed below to wait for full AP. It would be ideal to supply in the same manner as the last hunt, outlined in my previous post and also this one. Let's all have a blast! See you hunters there!

If anyone needs a wyrm bile ask prior to the event or while staging. There is more than enough to go around. If you are doing both hunts it would be ideal to have your second character primed and ready nearby.

Looks like we have quite a good sized party staging already. Azure made a nice little countdown timer until 20:00 UTC so that's great, thanks Azure!
We should have a portal going up from Sunset to [21, 23 Stygia] at about 17:00 (3 hours before the hunt) thanks to Onimoz. There is more Wyrm bile floating around if you need, Phix has the last of the RRF stock of about 5 or so, and I think Doc Heywood and Mettaton said they have some too. Hopefully we will have enough people for a second hunt at 00:00 when the Great Wyrm respawns, Here is a handy timer for the second hunt!

Nexus Clash wrote:
- The Great Wyrm that burrows between planes has been slain! Crossed Streams dealt the killing blow to the mighty beast! (2019-08-31 20:02:07).
Congrats Crossed Streams! And excellent job everyone who attended! Another round starts in just over 3.5 hours from right now at the 00:00 tick!

Nexus Clash wrote:
- The Great Wyrm that burrows between planes has been slain! Doc Heywood dealt the killing blow to the mighty beast! (2019-09-01 00:02:08).
Congrats to Doc Heywood! Slayed the beast and did a whopping 925 damage to it gaining the Wyrmsbane badge as well and becoming the second person to get all three badges from the mega beast!

Wrapping up, thank you all who participated, it was amazing fun and it worked out beautifully! Thank you thank you thank you! See you hunters next time!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following times and dates are from the last series of hunts, but the general plan remains the same from here on out.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright! So the current plan is to fight the Great Wyrm on Saturday August 17th 2019 at 18:30 UTC (gametime).

So far we have around 20 people and we will be assembling at the Warrens at [8, 2 Wyrm's Lair], long enough in advance for everyone to get back up to max AP by 18:30 UTC. It is up to you as to whether or not you'd like to drink an XI when you get there, it couldn't hurt after all, but then people won't be able to pass you things if it is needed. At approximately 18:28 UTC we should all drink our Wyrm Bile which will protect us from the Great Wyrm's terrible venom (9 unsoakable damage per action, yikes!), drink up potions that were brought, and cast all the defensive spells and skills you can. Then at exactly 18:30 UTC we will step in and kill the Great Wyrm on site!

Note - If you are a petmaster, make sure your pets are on defensive or passive for staging and the fight so as to not accidentally have them eat someone, we are all on the same side for this one! And also note that pets will not target the Great Wyrm, but it will target them.

We will have a Lightspeaker, so there will be Aethersprites cluttering up the Description pane and the drop down menu with pet names. To work around this, you can either target the wyrm and refresh your browser to make successive attacks, click it's name in the Description pane itself to target it, or click the pet dropdown and press 'G' on the keyboard to jump to Great Wyrm. I like to click the name in the Description pane myself, but it is up to each individual how to handle it. Hopefully that info helps with the targeting this time around. On that note, we have a Lightspeaker as well as a blessing tree Advocate, so if you are bringing a good character or a neutral character having good MO will get you healing from the sprites and the bonuses of the blessing tree! So spending the rest of the week prepping and trying to work that MO up into the good range would not be a bad idea! This however is not to exclude the wonderful demonfolk though, demons are definitely welcome, and encouraged to come along for the adventure!

Okay, so on to the things you should bring, these are of course suggestions, so use your own discretion please:

• 1 Vial of Wyrm Bile
  • 2 Combat Clarity potions - The Great Wyrm has +30% defense
  • 2 Greater Invulnerability potions - +4 soak to all
  • 2 Invulnerability potions - +3 soak to all
  • 2 Lesser Invulnerability potions - +2 soak to all
  • 2 Unholy Affinity potions - 75% resistance to Unholy, the Great Wyrm does 10 unholy damage
  • 1 Extended Invisibility potion - To keep hidden while staging
  • 1-2 potions to boost your damage type
  • Magic Recovery potions - If you rely on mp for damage or skills
  • 5+ FAKs, Healing Herbs, Bone Leeches, or Healing potions - You and others will be taking some damage!

You don't need to bring all of these things if you have a character such that they are not needed. It really depends on your armor and skills, so bring what you need and don't be afraid to bring too much, there will likely be people arriving with limited supplies themselves, that will need assistance. If you need some Wyrm Bile we have a modest supply of it and are happy to hand it out, plenty has already been passed out. Get in touch with myself, Phix in the RRF, or Katerina Hasheen in Ragged between now and the fight and we will be happy to work out how to get you some Wyrm Bile! Or, if you are adventurous, grab yourself an invisibility potion and head to the Wyrm's Maw [5, 1 Wyrm's Lair] on the hypermap. You can find some by searching there, along with other assorted neat things like a Wyrm skull hat, you'll need the invisibility to exit as you exit past the Great Wyrm itself, and it cannot see invisible.

Okay, I'm sure that I am forgetting something, so don't be surprised if I update this later, I more than likely will not be posting another reply though, only editing this post. Anyways, here are some pictures to help you along your path to the fight!

Here we have the entrance to the Wyrm's Lair in Stygia, it is at [21, 23 Stygia]

Here is where we will be assembling to stage for the fight, [8, 2 Wyrm's Lair], the entrance can be seen at [12, 6 Wyrm's Lair]

We may have a portal cleaver to setup some portals or wormholes to ease the transportation cost of getting to the staging area, these will hopefully go up sometime 12-6 hours before the fight time, the exact time has yet to be determined. Again don't hesitate to coordinate in game, here in this thread, or in Wyrm Hunt area of the RRF Discord server! We're all friendly, we don't bite! Well, some of the Revenants might Wink This will be a blast, there will be many active people all in one place, having fun and interacting with each other. Please come along, at the very least, if you show up and punch the Great Wyrm, it's nearly a guaranteed 5 CP just for making it!

Have fun everyone, see you there, and watch for more updates here!

Sorry for the double post.

*edit - Okay, so in the next handful day or so there will be several portals going up. Tonight at roughly 00:00 UTC (game time) A portal will go up from the Sunrise ferry to the entrance of the Warrens. Then at 15:00 UTC a portal will go up from [35, 24 Laurentia] to the entrance of the Warrens, and finally at 17:00 UTC one will go up from Xanadu near the Laurentia portal to the entrance of the Warrens and also from the Wolverton ferry. Then we will hang tight at [8, 2 Wyrm's Lair] until 18:28 UTC, at which point we will drinkn our potions and get ready to jump on the Wyrm at 18:30 UTC!

*edit - Okay so the 00:00 portal fell through, but as of moments ago (03:00 UTC) there is a cloven portal open at the Sunrise Ferry to the Warrens entrance.

*edit - Okay we are just under an hour from go time, we have a portal conduit on reserve for any last minute travel needs! If you need a portal, hop on Discord or send a message to me in game (plscks) and we'll try to get you taken care of. Just to note, once you portal there, enter the Warrens, then go 1NW, 2N, 1NW, 2W, and wait with us. The plan is to take the wyrm bile at 18:28 game time and then drink our potions up. At 18:30 we will pile through the tunnel and attack the Wyrm on site! Good luck to everyone, let's do this!

plscks-20 | Davington-25 | James Ford-26 | Wiggles-1297 | Desmond-1298 | Richard Feynman-2769 | a random janitor-2772 | Kaz-12345 | Advocado-12867

Last edited by plscks on Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:43 pm; edited 6 times in total
Azure

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- You have helped in the battle to kill the Great Wyrm! You have earned the Wyrm Hunter badge. Earning this badge has caused you to receive 5 Character Points! (2019-08-17 18:31:53).
- The Great Wyrm that burrows between planes has been slain! Kira dealt the killing blow to the mighty beast! (2019-08-17 18:31:53).
- Kira attacked Great Wyrm with a Chilly Loaner, a Rifle , killing it! (2019-08-17 18:31:53).

A successful hunt! The Wyrm Hunters are prepping to go again when it respawns at 00:00 in game time!

So if you missed out on this mornings raid you can participate again in ~5hours time!
Carilgar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second raid was fun. But we all got killed. We'll have to do it again...
plscks
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus Clash wrote:
- You have helped in the battle to kill the Great Wyrm! You have earned the Wyrm Hunter badge. Earning this badge has caused you to receive 5 Character Points! (2019-08-17 18:31:53).
- The Great Wyrm that burrows between planes has been slain! Kira dealt the killing blow to the mighty beast! (2019-08-17 18:31:53).
- Kira attacked Great Wyrm with a Chilly Loaner, a Rifle , killing it! (2019-08-17 18:31:53).

So the Wyrm hunt was a great success! Lots of Angels, Demons, and Transcendents! We had one casualty, the every so brave, young, and still squishy Myrmidon from Foundation, Revy It was a good try though Revy, next time will be better, I'm sure of it! Thank you so much for coming and being a part of the big hunt! As everyone saw, the ever so deadly Kira of IMA?, landed the killing blow on the mighty Great Wyrm, Nice job Kira! That makes Kira the only person to hold all three obtainable badges from the Great Wyrm! And though it wasn't displayed globally, DNDs An True did the most damage, coming in at a whopping 689 damage, in under 2 minutes! Amazing Auntie An T, nicely done! Well here are a few screen caps of the action!

Before the hunt at the rally point.

Durring the ever so quick, but very entertaining hunt.

After the hunt.

Carligar wrote:
The second raid was fun. But we all got killed. We'll have to do it again...

As Carligar notes, several people in the staging area were unable to make it in time, so we planned a follow up hunt for 00:00 when the Great Wyrm respawned! We didn't have many, and the ones we did have were a bit under prepared. We all died, mostly. We did get the Wyrm as low as 1300/4000 hp though, just about there! It was still a great time, thank you all for the second run!!!

Anyways, thank you everyone for coming and making this a fun hunt, thank you DND for showing up and representing the demonfolk of the Nexus! We'll certainly do another Wyrm Hunt in the future, or if a different event comes up, we'll gladly tackle that too! Thanks to our wonderful admins and dev team for making this sort of stuff possible! So without further ado have my logs of the first hunt and the second hunt! It was really fun.

Logs from the first hunt!

Logs from the second smaller hunt, nice effort though!

Last edited by plscks on Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
MrFrank
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see all my wheels Embarassed

Would love to help out again.
plscks
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrFrank wrote:
I can see all my wheels Embarassed

Would love to help out again.

Hey yeah that's you! I love the pet names, they are wonderful, we'll go again sometime not too long from now, it'll be great fun.

plscks
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about another hunt?

Time & Date: 2019-12-07 19:00 game time

The Plan: Meet up at (8, 2 Wyrm's Lair) prior to the time and wait for full AP, drink up some potions, cast spells, drink a vial of wyrm bile and beat this thing again! Staging and prep will be pretty much exactly the same as the last hunt from a couple of posts above this one.

Stuff to bring along (list aimed towards squishier characters):
  • 1 Vial of Wyrm Bile
  • 2 Combat Clarity potions - The Great Wyrm has +30% defense
  • 2 Greater Invulnerability potions - +4 soak to all
  • 2 Invulnerability potions - +3 soak to all
  • 2 Lesser Invulnerability potions - +2 soak to all
  • 2 Unholy Affinity potions - 75% resistance to Unholy, the Great Wyrm does 10 unholy damage
  • 1 Extended Invisibility potion - To keep hidden while staging
  • 1-2 potions to boost your damage type
  • Magic Recovery potions - If you rely on mp for damage or skills
  • 5+ FAKs, Healing Herbs, Bone Leeches, or Healing potions - You and others will be taking some damage!

The list of things to bring along is just a good idea, you don't have to bring anything if you don't want to, we currently have enough vials of bile to go around. Though if you'd like to make sure to stay alive long enough to do maximum damage, it's a good idea to prepare.

We will have a Lightspeaker again with sprites, so having good morality will be a bonus for sure. Anyone with pets please note that they will not attack the wyrm and it is highly encouraged to name the pet a letter after G to make it easier for everyone to target the thing.

On the note of targeting, for maximum effect, you can click the pet pane and press G on the keyboard to get to it, you can click it in the pet portion of the description pane to target it, or you can hit it and refresh to continue hitting it.

As for the meet up, it is encouraged to get there early so as to make sure you have max AP by the time of the fight. one way to get there is to take the ferry to Sunset, go east two tiles and then southeast three tiles to (39, 39 Laurentia) Step in, go through the portal to Stygia and step out of the Damned Library. Head three tiles north and then three tiles northwest to (21, 23 Stygia) Enter the Wyrm's Lair. From there go one tile northwest, two tiles north, one tile northwest, and finally two tiles west to (8, 2 Wyrm's Lair) DO NOT GO THROUGH THE TUNNEL PRIOR TO THE SET TIME The Great Wyrm is pretty nasty and the way back around is quite tedious.

As per the last time, this will be coordinated from the RRF Discord Server, feel free to join in and just let someone know that you are there for the Wyrm hunt and you will be given proper access.

And as with the last ones, any character is allowed to tag along just as long as we aren't killing each other, and all following proper character alt interaction rules.

See you there Wyrm Hunters! It'll be a blast!

GCP

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did it go?
Kandarin
Dreamweaver
Dreamweaver

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GCP wrote:
How did it go?

It isn't until the 7th! There's still time to participate!
plscks
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, still plenty of time to adjust MO and prepare, things will be going down about a 6 days from now. You'll know if we won by a global message going out announcing that the Great Wyrm has been slain Smile

GCP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh damn that's right! I'll be away but see if I can't sneak it in, no promises!
Cuhlecain
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to try my luck (well hopefully stacked in my favour by preparing) on a hunt. Get that delicious 5 CP.
plscks
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right so the plan is still 2019-12-07 19:00 UTC that is about one day and 14.5 hours from now. In about a day or so it will be the optimal time to start getting over to the staging area. Myself and someone else will bring along the stock of Wyrm Bile that the RRF has collected, so you should be able to ask once we are there and we will get you sorted. I look forward to seeing everyone there for the hunt!

Here is a countdown timer for it, remember get to the staging area but do not go through the tunnel to the Wyrm’s Lair!

Carilgar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be bringing 2 characters. Chianni for the first one and Koldar for the traditional second one.

Koldar is my Lightspeaker aethersprite/surgery healer. I remember how hard it was to succeed with the second hunt due to lack of heals, so he'll be jumping in there. Lots of sprites and 20 FAKS.

I don't have any bile though... so book me in for 2 please.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Out-of-Character Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: