Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - On Changes Made In 2019
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

On Changes Made In 2019

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Out-of-Character Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkullFace
Nexus Clash Veteran
Nexus Clash Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject: On Changes Made In 2019 Reply with quote

On returning to the Nexus in Dec 2019 after a lengthy hiatus I have noticed some changes. Kudos to the dev team for excellent work.

1. Structured design on UI where small improvements make a big difference to my playing experience. Small they may be but they are noticed. Inventory ordering, popups on mouse hovering, nice wee touches.

2. What appear to be backend server changes that make the game responsive. I may be wrong but that is what it feels like, and, if so, this must have been quite a lot of spadework on a somewhat thankless task.

3. Map redesign midstream. I know from personal experience elsewhere that this is no easy task. Whilst I really, really hate the black void that can't be crossed, the map rework in Stygia and Elysium evokes Purgatorio of old in a good way. Regional differences, reasons to be in Heaven or Hell and gates that don't slow you down too much!

4. Class reworking is something else I think I have noticed. For the better. An IB can hide now. The PM has an auto petcare function. I'm sure there are other things too. Perhaps one day even the Holy Champion will receive some TLC and the Spanish Inquisition will rise again?

Tis the season of humbug. Nevertheless, devs, I salute you. Well done.

Skull Face
plscks
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkullFace wrote:
Tis the season of humbug. Nevertheless, devs, I salute you. Well done.

I second this, well done Dev Team! Lot's of amazing work and nurturing has gone into this past year. So many wonderful changes both big and small, it's been amazing. Thank you all for your hard work and dedication, it is greatly appreciated.

plscks-20 | Davington-25 | James Ford-26 | Wiggles-1297 | Desmond-1298 | Richard Feynman-2769 | a random janitor-2772 | Kaz-12345 | Advocado-12867
Carilgar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will also join the bandwagon of the Dev Appreciation Society. You have all done an amazing job.

Kudos!!!!
baristalucy
Mortal
Mortal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a newer player, but even since I've been here the changes have been amazing! Thank you all for all that you do. I cannot wait to see what new things come out between now and breath 5!

Notorious RBG - 11777 | no one - 11820 | Trendigo - 11869 | Dot - 11879 | Scarah - 11883 (released) | Lucy - 11939 | Ate - 12179 | Miss Ruby Mae - 12324 | Seker - 12365
Nayru
Highly Aloof Goddess
Highly Aloof Goddess

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hc is such an amazing wreck that historically i've never wanted to touch it without a severe rework

.. sort of like ib come to think of it, but may see something for them beyond trimmings someday, regardless
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Out-of-Character Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: