Nexus Clash

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. Registered players can create up to three free characters to battle, team up with your friends and explore the worlds of the Nexus! To create a character once you have registered, click on Game Map at the top of the page.
Nexus Clash :: View topic - Conduit wardbasher and transport
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Conduit wardbasher and transport

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sohdbrimks

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 3:17 pm    Post subject: Conduit wardbasher and transport Reply with quote

Main idea for the char is to open a portal to the target, bardbash with most of my ap, dispel any glyphs if necessary, and cast a bunch of my own glyphs once inside to disrupt any actives who may appear.

Lv CP Skill
1 10 Search
1 0 -- Saved --
2 10 Ranged Combat
3 0 -- Saved --
4 20 Thrown Weapons
5 10 Strength
6 0 -- Saved --
7 0 -- Saved --
8 30 Advanced Thrown Weapons
9 0 -- Saved --
10 0 Spellcraft
11 40 Deep Spellcraft
12 0 -- Saved --
13 40 Pattern Weaver
14 20 Alchemy
15 10 Planar Protection
15 10 Sense Magic
16 20 Greater Glyph Erasure
17 15 Glyph of Slowing vs Good
18 20 Glyph of Protection vs Good
19 0 -- Saved --
20 0 Code of Efficiency
20 30 Wisp Form
20 -40 40 Exploration Badges
20 -10 Books Read Accomplished
20 -15 Books Read Accomplished
20 30 Nexal Return
20 60 Portal Cleaving
21 30 Enchant Item
22 0 -- Saved --
23 60 Seal Magic
24 0 -- Saved --
25 0 -- Saved --
26 90 Open Wormhole
27 10 Sharp Vision
27 7 Reveal
27 12 Glyph of Pain vs Good
28 0 -- Saved --
29 40 Alchemical Transmutation

Had 41 CP left over, so I grabbed some quality of life skills/spells

30 20 Heal Self
30 20 Shadow Wrap

Heal self is just so I never have to worry about poison again (I don't like carrying healing items) and shadow wrap is something I always buy on my casters so I figured it would be nice on a conduit too.
sohdbrimks

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revised build
Arcane well instead of glyphs + engineering to help me level and give a net 15cp at the end

Lv CP Skill
1 10 Search
1 0 -- Saved --
2 10 Ranged Combat
3 0 -- Saved --
4 20 Thrown Weapons
5 10 Strength
6 0 -- Saved --
7 0 -- Saved --
9 0 -- Saved --
10 0 Spellcraft
10 20 Alchemy
11 10 Sense Magic
11 10 Planar Protection
12 10 Sharp Vision
13 40 Deep Spellcraft
14 0 -- Saved --
15 40 Pattern Weaver
16 20 Greater Glyph Erasure
17 0 -- Saved --
18 40 Alchemical Transmutation
19 0 -- Saved --
20 0 Code of Efficiency
20 30 Wisp Form
20 -10 Books Read Accomplished
20 -15 Books Read Accomplished
20 60 Portal Cleaving
21 30 Nexal Return
22 30 Enchant Item
23 0 -- Saved --
24 60 Seal Magic
25 30 Arcane Well
26 0 -- Saved --
27 0 -- Saved --
28 90 Open Wormhole
28 10 Engineering
28 -10 Power Removed Accomplished
28 -15 Power Removed Accomplished
29 60 Arcane Recycling
30 7 Reveal
30 20 Sorcerer's Might
30 7 Stone Dart
Trialist

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you can cast glyphs inside another faction's stronghold. You can put down glyphs outside the stronghold while the ward is down, perhaps a Glyph of Protection to keep non-spellcasters from rejoining the fight, but notice that it will work against your own factionmates as well. Might be an issue for a Conduit, although less of a concern if you know you'll be in an evil/neutral faction and opposed to good factions.

Why are you opting for throwing? It's been awhile since I played, but I'd assume a rifle would be a vastly better option than a sling, if nothing else because it's easier to load and carry ammunition. Unless you are using rocks/sling/Stone Dart for a specific gimmick, at least. Even if you just wanted to AoE the place once inside, carrying around a Sub-Machine Gun for that purpose seems more practical than trying to find enough grenades to be useful. Strength could be replaced with Repair Item if you wanted to make the change, to maintain your gun and craft ammo easily at low levels.

I'll admit, I'm not sure what the point of Arcane Well is intended to be. It seems more useful to drop in your own stronghold, and for people who will be logging on frequently to take advantage of the faster MP recharge. It doesn't seem like something to be used offensively during a raid.

I'd also recommend picking up Stone Dart early (perhaps as soon as you can learn it) since there are some frustrating targets to deal with, and having some automatic damage you can just throw at them for the last few HP is very handy.
Dissident

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What faction is the conduit going to stay? I ask this because things like Arcane Well doesn't pay off when there's only a few benefiting from it like most AOE. You can argue that a constant flow of MR is much better. And if your faction lacks a smith, conduit can be built to not even need a forge. If you aren't in an evil faction then it means you can utilize your wisp form and go in with your tank and monitor his/her HP with First Aid>(Surgery) and help heal when tanking a huge petwall.

Throwing is the right way to go. Especially since you took Nexal Return. This means you can Bash for a Base 20 given the right conditions.

Conduit is so fun to play. Good Luck!
sohdbrimks

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll drop arcane well then. It would allow me to buy some QOL skills I enjoy like heal self or shadow wrap, and I wouldn't need to grind power removed so I can skip engineering too. I would also be at full power earlier, around level 28 or so.
Thanks for the advice Smile

New build:
Lv CP Skill
1 10 Search
1 0 -- Saved --
2 10 Strength
3 10 Ranged Combat
4 0 -- Saved --
5 20 Thrown Weapons
6 0 -- Saved --
7 0 -- Saved --
9 0 -- Saved --
10 0 Spellcraft
10 20 Alchemy
11 20 Sorcerer's Might
12 0 -- Saved --
13 40 Alchemical Transmutation
14 0 -- Saved --
15 40 Deep Spellcraft
16 0 -- Saved --
17 40 Pattern Weaver
17 10 Sense Magic
18 10 Planar Protection
19 0 -- Saved --
20 0 Code of Efficiency
20 30 Wisp Form
20 60 Portal Cleaving
21 30 Nexal Return
22 30 Enchant Item
23 0 -- Saved --
24 60 Seal Magic
25 0 -- Saved --
26 0 -- Saved --
27 90 Open Wormhole
27 -10 Books Read Accomplished
27 -15 Books Read Accomplished
27 7 Stone Dart
27 7 Reveal
28 10 Sharp Vision
28 20 Greater Glyph Erasure
29 0 -- Saved --
30 30 Cosmic Affinity
30 20 Heal Self
30 20 Shadow Wrap

I will be ready to raid by level 22, and more optimized by level 24 and 27. Rest of the skills aren't so important.
Wozzy
Misinformation Meme Machine
Misinformation Meme Machine

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trialist wrote:
Why are you opting for throwing? It's been awhile since I played, but I'd assume a rifle would be a vastly better option than a sling, if nothing else because it's easier to load and carry ammunition. Unless you are using rocks/sling/Stone Dart for a specific gimmick, at least. Even if you just wanted to AoE the place once inside, carrying around a Sub-Machine Gun for that purpose seems more practical than trying to find enough grenades to be useful. Strength could be replaced with Repair Item if you wanted to make the change, to maintain your gun and craft ammo easily at low levels.

A Perfectly Balanced Throwing Knife deals an extra 2 damage over the Rifle with Strength, has 5% more accuracy, doesn't decay, and you don't spend AP reloading. Nexal return also eliminates its only downside (it can be yanked if you lag or play on mobile), meaning the only barrier of entry is finding the damn thing.

Enchanted grenades now have increased per-target and max damage, so they can be hilariously strong single use AoEs. The SMG sadly doesn't have the same bonus.
Trialist

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wozzy wrote:
A Perfectly Balanced Throwing Knife deals an extra 2 damage over the Rifle with Strength, has 5% more accuracy, doesn't decay, and you don't spend AP reloading. Nexal return also eliminates its only downside (it can be yanked if you lag or play on mobile), meaning the only barrier of entry is finding the damn thing.

Enchanted grenades now have increased per-target and max damage, so they can be hilariously strong single use AoEs. The SMG sadly doesn't have the same bonus.

Alright, thanks. Didn't know the PBTK is so good. Also kind of disappointing to hear about the grenades/SMB situation, although I guess it gives a reason to be searching for those grenades. Even if it isn't an intentional discrepancy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nexus Clash Forum Index -> Build Advice All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: